-
Posts
13,085 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by X-13
-
I'm pretty sure it's a violation of copyright laws. [iANAL] Point them to FilmClub I don't think so... but I think we've been having this discussion for years. [we = edugeek]
-
^ This. [Though I never really had a problem with the Water Temple.] And if you're grabbing the 3DS remakes, get Majora's Mask as well.
-
I'm considering a SSD for my laptop [relegating the HDD to a pure storage drive] and thought about capturing the current installation so I don't have to faff aboot reinstalling everything I want. I've got a 2TB external HDD I use for backups [as/when I remember to do them] that I was planning to use to store the image. Planning to use a WinPE boot disk and DISM. Does anyone do this?
-
Tom Nook. I think they toned it down in New Leaf, but yeah... he's basically a loan-shark in the other games. Pok?mon / Nightmare Fuel - TV Tropes
-
Enforced slave labour to pay off a loan-shark [or loan-racoon]
-
Last game I bought: Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus "Let's get physical" edition. [uS import... come on, customs. ] Last game I completed: Infamous: Second Son... I think. I have a bad habit of getting super in to a game, then dropping it near the end.
-
I have a VeryPC Broadleaf pimpdaddyextreme. [Can't remember the actual name...] i7-3770, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HDD running 8.1 Pro. With a 27" 1080p and 19" 900p display. [Actual area 3360x1080, minus blank spots.]
-
From the looks of it, we have everything installed from Office 2013... [Yet another thing I'm possibly going to have to sort out] From what I can see, though, all we need is Word, Excel and Powerpoint. We're a Primary school though, so your YMMV.
-
Are teaching staff scared or confident in their use of IT in the Classroom?
X-13 replied to oddgical's topic in General Chat
Yeah, I've noticed that here. It's fun to wind up the art teacher by saying she should use the graphics tablets in class. -
Are teaching staff scared or confident in their use of IT in the Classroom?
X-13 replied to oddgical's topic in General Chat
Send 'em this. Principle of least privilege - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Side note: I always say "doctrine" instead of "principle"... I dunno why. -
Are teaching staff scared or confident in their use of IT in the Classroom?
X-13 replied to oddgical's topic in General Chat
I do a bit of informal training as/when people have specific problems. Basically, I get THEM to do it while I'm there directing them. Instead of doing it for them, like they sometimes seem to expect. Ayyyy! I said that! ^__^ -
Are teaching staff scared or confident in their use of IT in the Classroom?
X-13 replied to oddgical's topic in General Chat
^ These are the ones that annoy me the most. Many a time I've had a quick 5 minute fix turned into something that takes hours to fix [or needs a complete reimage] because they started messing around with things they don't understand. Not having confidence and being scared can be fixed with support and training. -
Remote access with heavy authentication requirements. Because one does not simply walk into Mordor.
-
Searching for MSN HOTMAIL brings up dodgy results using BING
X-13 replied to kennysarmy's topic in Windows
It looks fine here as well... Have you tried it when you're not logged into bing? -
I just got mine... do the old emails still work? I don't think I've gotten any from you guys since the name change.
-
The "W" stands for something we can't say here.
-
Nobody had heard of iPhones before 2006 [release was 2007, allowing 1 year for leaks] Therefore iPhones don't real. Checkmate, snooty hipsters.
-
BatDadBlake. 50 Shades of Tory. EduGeek Jobs [is there a twitter account for that?] Anti-Bully ranger.
-
Slightly related:
-
[h=2]o(╥﹏╥)o[/h]
-
(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง ヽ༼ಢ_ಢ༽ノ☂
-
Spiceworks... Update: removing "Deny log on through Terminal Services" doesn't change anything... The local security settings on the laptop change to allow/deny TS login, but the local login one doesn't change. What a mysterious jogo. Update 2 - The Updatening: Found out what it was... conflicting GPOs. Whoever thought it was a good idea to split standard computer configs into personal/shared - laptop/desktop/tablet needs to be taken out back. Cthulhu's sake... Now I gotta decide if I can be bothered to re-do GPOs in a sensible way.
-
Not yet, I wanted both... it has to have domain admin rights to work properly. Which, now that I think of it, could be the problem...
