-
Posts
13,085 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by X-13
-
What was your analogy?
-
I was all hype until I found out it's mostly multiplayer and there's [iIRC] about 180 missions locked behind the Amiibo paywall. I'm not supporting that.
-
Bravely has a demo. Standard 3DS "locked to 30[?] loads" demo. Gives you some stuff in the main game.
-
IT Manager - Bushey, Herts - £33602 - £414041 - Closes 22/06/2015
X-13 replied to elsiegee40's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Works fine here on Chrome for Android, too. -
PMing the answer 'cos I aint having people copy mine again.
-
Edugeek is literally the second google result for "cow puns".
-
Bravely Default if you like JRPGs. All the Zeldas are good as well.
-
God damn hippies.
-
Hard at work, probably...
-
That isn't even the worst thing I've been called. [Currently sitting here in my Iron-man t-shirt and having long hair.]
-
NASA Poll: What's Creating Those Unusual Bright Spots On Ceres?
X-13 replied to 6Foot2's topic in General Chat
-
Related: BOFH: Oh DO tell us what you think. *CLICK* • The Register
-
Good luck with that... I sent out a questionnaire about what software is actually used a few years back [so I can get rid of unused stuff] and I'm still waiting for any responses. Then you're looking at tablets. Intel WiDi + Miracast to display it [You need a HDMI connection for it as well]. Windows 8.1 because it's less faff than Android. Linx? Even though you said it isn't to replace the desktop, it may be worth looking at swapping the desktop with tablet/laptop and docking station. Saves having to deal with 2 devices. Possibly a Surface Pro 3, although that would be getting into the realm of a complete hardware refresh in every class.
-
That really helps... /s Fine. Binatone Veva 1720 cordless phone. Except, you haven't been told what TYPE of device they're thinking of and... Yeah... but to do what? Without knowing what they actually want to do, you can't make any specific suggestions... I'd go Windows for tablets if you've got a Windows network. Zero faffing aboot. [Maybe a bit of faff.] If you can set up wireless display on them [haven't looked into it in a while] it's useful for teachers wandering the class. They can still do things on the screen and can even get pupils to annotate [to show examples or answer questions] without having to stand up in front of everyone. If it has an inbuilt camera, you can use it for some quick and dirty evidence gathering [for pupil progress, not behaviour] or to show a pupil's work on the projector/screen. If you're thinking laptops, same deal. Windows OS if Windows network. Not really much use in a class though.
-
There's a distinct lack of cake 'round here.
-
Zero in 8 years... I feel like I'm due disk failures. Though, the fact I'm expecting them means they won't happen.
-
Needs more Morgan Aero 8. Though the 1938 Packard Super Eight Sedanca deVille is pretty nice. [Not on the list, elsewhere on the site.]
-
Wait until it's released. You can get Enterprise/Education from VLSC and create an image. Or grab the Professional ISO from MS and do it that way. There's no need to jump the gun.
-
Oh God, no. I'm not deploying it [providing I have a say in the matter] until it's been out for at least a year/18 months.
-
http://www.downvids.net/video/bestimages/img-happy-birthday-song-3-247.jpg
