-
Posts
13,085 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by X-13
-
Maybe it should be. People seem to be so focused on other countries that the one they're in is falling apart. Stop watching live news, kthxbai. Hate preachers aren't allowed, IIRC. It counts as "inciting violence", plus I think it counts as a "public nuisance". Not sure what a Death Chair is, it sounds metal though.
-
[website] The BBC wants us all to get drunk!
X-13 replied to Garacesh's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
"I identify as Pirate-kin. Pronouns Me'hearty/Scurvy Sea-dog/Cap'n. Stop oppressing me." -
[website] The BBC wants us all to get drunk!
X-13 replied to Garacesh's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
...then it isn't? -
Now you're the number 1 CV wrangler out of 76219 [as of this post] on EduGeek and Official Hob-nob manufacturer for BETT. Can't help with the money, though.
-
I'm guessing it was a bit hard, then...
-
About a month and a half for me... and I still act like a teenager.
-
No. It is not, nor will it ever be, the time to do away with owning things you buy and moving to an anti-consumer licence based model.
-
Just wait until the "adult entertainment" bots get wind of the school account. Yes, but I'm not seeing a reason for it. The school is not responsible for what a parent posts on social media.
-
-
Lightspeed MDM? I thought Apple had their own one? ...is this another thing I need to look into? [before remembering I'm "leaving" soon and don't really care] 2... for now. When the new HT rolls up with an iPhone and brand new Macbook, I know which way the wind is blowing.
-
I've just been handed 2 iPads [along with the Iris Connect stuff] to set up. The app it needs doesn't come preloaded and we don't have an Apple ID. Considering that we have a few staff with iPhones, is it worth trying to get VPP and the Apple configurator stuff sorted? Also how long does it usually take?
-
Dead Space 2 DRM is borked. Enterprising nerd finds fix, writes blog. Full story here: In space, nobody can hear you scream... about bad DRM - Blogs - EduGeek.net
-
In space, nobody can hear you scream... about bad DRM
X-13 posted a blog entry in And so, our story begins...
I should buy a space boat. Back in March of 2014 EA offered 2008's Sci-Fi survival horror game Dead Space for free to anyone who wanted it through their Origin "On the House" promotion. The official reason being that EA wanted to give back to gamers, though the cynic in me thinks it's just to get people hooked into a series. Especially so, when the last game in the series has a boat-load of DLC and microtransactions. I've only recently started playing it and I'm really feeling it. So much so, that I ordered the boxed retail copies of Dead Space 2 and 3 after only playing around 3 hours of the first one. I was even considering the DLC, I do like the witness rig... Oh, how that was a mistake... The physical retail edition of Dead Space 2, somewhat understandably, includes a secuROM release date check provided by Sony DADC. The disks are probably still the same ones that were created when the game went gold. [That means "ready to release" ] You need to make sure the game isn't leaked before release, I get that. It makes sense. HOWEVER. Dead Space 2 was released on January 28th 2011. About 4 and a half years ago. Not only does the authentication server appear to be offline, though it's impossible to actually check, there is no way to bypass it without piracy. The exact thing it was implemented to prevent. [Good job breaking it, EA] In addition, it doesn't just apply to the disk version. The Origin download version ALSO does the date check. Yeah, I tried the download. No, it doesn't make sense. All over the internet, people are talking about this. You can download the game and install it. But the second you try to run it? Date check, s'il vous plaît. The .exe itself has been modified to run the date check the first time you run it, if it's successful it will download the key and decrypt the game. Which sounds a lot like a certain piece of malware when you think about it... The "fix" varies from place to place, everything from using safe mode with networking to disabling WMI and praying. They all don't work. You can't authenticate from a server that don't real or done borked. However, this nerd. This nerd found a way. You gotta use this right here. That's the .exe. No, not just any old .exe, this is THE .exe. The non-date-checking .exe. Direct from an EA server. Download, pop it in the Dead Space 2 folder [back up the old one for posterity's sake], play the game that you bought. The .exe is patched to a certain extent and includes all the DLC [it was given for free to everyone], but more importantly... it works. Why the Origin download uses the date checking version when they have one that runs fine is beyond me, but at least I got it working without piracy. Huzzah. As as aside, I may try reaching out to EA and Sony DADC to get this sorted one way or another. Things like this are the reason I was hesitant to get into PC gaming. -
That's, like, what... £20?
-
ESSEX, EDUCATION EXPERIENCED TECHNICIANS REQUIRED, 25-30K
X-13 replied to lsparks's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Cheers, I know which LEA that comes under. That's all I needed. -
I revised if for a FOR loop. May need to be FOR /R. However, I am far too hot at the moment to work it out...
-
Wouldn't something simple like this work? FOR %%A in (\\server\share) DO (IF %%A == ~$*.* DEL %%A) Possibly... Obviously you should test it out with a sacrificial folder before hand.
-
ESSEX, EDUCATION EXPERIENCED TECHNICIANS REQUIRED, 25-30K
X-13 replied to lsparks's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Is there any more information available about this? Like where it is. Essex is a big place. -
This is what happens when you let Tumblr loose.
-
I like the Win8.1 popup image... Maybe you can do both.
-
That is a nice login screen... but not nice enough to warrant changing to a brand new OS when I'm not 100% sure everything will work.
-
-
Yeah it's still doing it. All I can see error-wise is: Failed to load : http://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js Uncaught TypeError : private.php:177 Failed to load : http://static.getclicky.com/js Synchronous XMLHttpRequest : ckeditor.js:138
-
Yeah, it only seems to be hitting PM layouts. Everything else seems fine.
