Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

X-13

Members
  • Posts

    13,085
  • Joined

Everything posted by X-13

  1. Urgh... Maths puns are a sin. For no reason, just cos.
  2. Exa from the looks of things. Not too impressed with all the ads.
  3. ...and you love it. Le EDIT: Also, not hyperbole. Just needlessly wordy.
  4. It's now hanging on the download test. The first time I tried it hung on the upload test...
  5. I win.
  6. You're a shoe-in to win "most old school term used on EduGeek" with that. I can't brie-lieve you went there... It's udderly ridiculous.
  7. ...Using one pun to modify the topic to something tangentially related, leading to more puns in the new topic. Dear, God... What have you done, @DaveP? Humanity isn't ready for this.
  8. Yup, you're redirecting the output of the command to a file. ...that's one of the ways to break it. You can't input anything, because it's output to a logfile. If you can get your head 'round this [which I'm struggling to], it could be useful. But it'd be a mess of code.
  9. There's a dirty way of doing it... Output everything to the log file, then call the log file to console. So, for example: ping localhost > log.log copy log.log con There's a delay on the information, but it works. [To a certain degree... I know there's ways to break it.]
  10. I'm wondering if the JANET outage resulted in more work being done.
  11. Wait... have you never heard that before?
  12. Yup, I do it through GP. So much easier.
  13. Sorted out my new "job title".
  14. Make a GPO for teacher-only computers. Add the pupil user group to: Computer Config > Policies > Windows > Security > Local > User Rights > Deny Logon Locally Force a gpupdate and Robert's your fathers brother.
  15. I'm guessing films through Plex? Sounds like a cheap android tablet would do fine. Could always ask a supplier if they'd lend you one to test...
  16. Nobody's going to say it? Fine. You're getting ripped off, your missus is worth more than a tablet. Try and get a decent gaming rig, at least. What sort of thing is it going to be used for? I got my mum a Asus Android tablet a while back and she's always on it doing internetty things. I'll try and find a proper model name/number when I get in.
  17. Getting an Error 7000 every few seconds in the event logs? Fed up of seeing this: Want to stop that? Give "LOCAL SERVICE" [sans quotes] the Profile System Performance privilege. Seriously. It's that simple... Yet I keep forgetting it. So, EduGeek now gets this post so I can remind myself when googling in the future. Hi, Future me!
      • 1
      • Thanks
  18. I was hype... and then they said that. TBH, it's Square being Square, trying to get the most money from the least effort.
  19. 2 words. Multipart release. Looks good, but I'm out.
  20. They're both working here...
  21. But, I thought you liked my stupid jokes?
  22. What about the Linux Schools project? [iIRC, that was/is @linuxgirlie's baby.] Last time I looked at it, it seemed just as complex and a windows network.
  23. Aye. "GLaDOS Wrangler" and "SHODAN Sympathiser" Need to get one sorted for this year...
  24. And home made hobnobs.
  25. Good work, @Boredguy. Now... Nick his jelly babies and pull his scarf so it's ever so slightly uncomfortable.
×
×
  • Create New...