Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

pooley

Members
  • Posts

    1,832
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by pooley

  1. ISA Server is held by county, don't think i'm going to get anywhere with them. I need it to work externally, I know I can install IIS on the file server and share using webdav from there, but our only external Ip is on our exchange/web server and its our only direct link to outside world. Any other solutions ?
  2. I have IIS installed on 1 server and have enabled webdav, this works great for any shares that are held on the IIS server, unfortunately I cannot get webdav to work with shares on my file server. I have tried webdav with a unc path and actually mapping a drive and using that, still no joy. Seems to be a permissions/authentication issue. Has anyone come across this problem ?
  3. 5 weeks till easter - lurvely )
  4. I use eurisp an unknown to most but for £22 a month its totally unlimited and has no throttling at peak times. http://www.eurisp.co.uk/
  5. Sky router login is user - admin pass - sky
  6. Thanks guys, will look into both options. yes money is an option lol
  7. I have been asked if I can find a way of streaming a live feed from 1 of our camcorders to various pc's throughout the school. Has anyone done this or got some ideas on how to approach this ? Thanks Simon
  8. Try updating the Driver
  9. Have had this ans similar before now, and oddly enough changing the desktop resolution to 800x600 then back to whatever you want it set as has worked for us.
  10. We like the Benq MP721 DLP 2500 lumins £450 ish plus vat. Technoworld is normally our supplier
  11. Could do but its not exactly user friendly when people have been used to the outlook calendar
  12. Yes m8 OWA and Outlook (on XP) working 100%, must be something stupid i've done when configuring the mac's/entourage.
  13. We are using Entourage to connect to our Exchange 2003 server. We can access our own mail/calendars but are unable to access anyone elses shared resource/calendar. File>open other users calendar> select name and open... all seems well, the name shows up under the folder view (when Mail tab is pressed) but when i click on the other users folder there is nothing there to view, no calendar, no error etc. I do have the option to create a new event in the calendar though (when pressing the new button) any ideas ?
  14. I go on our Y5/Y6 residential weekends
  15. A usb bouncer to protect my macbook ???
  16. You may find some help http://www.w00tw00t.co.uk/support/index.php
  17. NM on 24k - was lucky my school fought to keep me and made an S01 post for me to fit into, was Senior Tech on 18k
  18. i run a batch file to delete c:\doc settings\all usrs\desktop\*.* well worth mentioning to staff that anything they may of saved to desktop instead of my docs may end up gone!! I learnt the hard way
  19. Desktop redirection can be set either on the user or the computer. You probably have it currently configured via Computer, you will need to change the folder redirection policy to user defined.
  20. How about running the Group Policy modelling wizard and specifying the PC and user($) with the problems ?
  21. SMT have the right to access anyone's files here, apart from the heads that is. In a school environment surely there should only be lesson plans, iep, etc etc nothing personal that the teacher could get upset about ?
  22. Running gpresult on the offending machines give you any clues ?
  23. Make sure the windows audio service is started m8, have had problems before with upnp and audiosrv service not starting
  24. Any errors in Event viewer ?
  25. In device manager one of the PCI devices will have the dreaded Yellow exclamation mark. Go to the properties of this and update driver - select automatically, it will then find new audio devices etc etc Works for me
×
×
  • Create New...