Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

pooley

Members
  • Posts

    1,832
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by pooley

  1. Sorry to drag up an ancient thread but its time i updated my CV any examples flying about that i could take a nosey at ?
  2. sorry for the wroung url - was eating and typing at same time
  3. Sounds like a corrucpt profile m8 Delete the outlook profile and create a new one
  4. youros.com is a mobile OS that you can setup your own Desktop etc, live chat, email, web browsing. We found using Surfcontrol that it bypasses surfcontrol's filtering, and all the nice kiddies can get to the pron. Just a heads up
  5. Scrub last message its now working. Picked a different RBC DNS server and its now working. Thanks for all your help people This place is worth its weight in gold!!
  6. Exchange server gets internet via proxy > nslookup bbc.co.uk Server: bbc.co.uk Address: 212.58.224.131 DNS request timed out. timeout was 2 seconds. *** Request to bbc.co.uk timed-out Thats what I get from an nslookup
  7. I dont mind my exchange box managing the smtp traffic itself but it just wont work ?? All the sent emails get stuck queuing forever. I work for the local Council and they can't offer me any smtp/smarthost facility, allthough i will ask them again. I Should of gone on a course first
  8. Right my exchange woes continue. Have finally got my exchange box to receive emails(thanks to Webman), but alas it wont send. Now i beleive that exchange needs to point at a valid smtp gateway/ip ??? Just found out that the company the Head registered the domain with (123-reg) do not have smtp servers for outgoing email. He regged with these on the reccomendation of our LEA education dept GGGRRRRRRRR So any suggestions on who to use for smpt? or is it easies to just movee the regged domain to another hosting site ? Cheers If im talking cr@p then please tell me
  9. Hmm cheers. My A Records are as follows @ A 194.154.164.90 mail.penybontprimary.org.uk A 212.219.235.164 www A 194.154.164.90 MX as follows mx0.123-reg.co.uk. 10 mx1.123-reg.co.uk. 20 mail.penybontprimary.org.uk. 10 I just cant see the problem ? I must be thick lol. As for 1 dc and exchange on same thing, I know, but will be setting up a DMZ in summer hols as I need Both Admin and Curriculum networks to talk to each other.
  10. ok this is doing my head in I have 1 DC with exchange 2003 running on it. I have registered a domain - http://www.penybontprimary.org.uk (with 123-reg.co.uk) I have assigned an external NAT IP of 212.219.235.164 (my xchange server) and opened ports 80/25/110 But I have no idea if what I have in my DNS settings @ 123reg is correct. It certainly isnt working :? Any help gratefully received, (1st day back after stag weekend to benidorm and my brain is in bits)
  11. Hmm must be a prob on the county PIX Cheers guys, will look into it
  12. Ok having probs getting my head around mx records, hosting etc. Have exchange 2003 setup, internal email only at the moment. have registered a domain with 123-reg.co.uk now in the control panel or 123-reg i have dns settings, i have added mail.penybontprimary.org.uk [my nat ip] and the MX record penybontprimary.org.uk. Priority 10 Now i am unable to ping my penybontprimary.org.uk doamin name or its IP (194.154.164.90) I tried portqry but it wouldnt resolve. Now before I start banging my head agains this desk, has anyone any suggestions ? Cheers SI
  13. OK just setup exchange (internal only at mo) for the staff at a primar school. Now they want a global/school diary they can all access. I have setup a "Diary" user on the exchange box, so they can login to that and look at the calendar. I know I can share it out so they can all have access through their mailbox/calendar too. But im just looking for the simplest way of setting this up, they ONLY need the school diary globaly, so to setup a user that can be emailed too etc is just overkill ? Any advice appreciated SI
  14. Great ..... I have exchange Well we will see what tomorrow brings us (or may just wait till half term now i've thought of it)
  15. Cut a long story short - I need to rename my 2003 domain. Just been reading through the how to's etc etc and am going to play after school. Just wondered if any edugeeks had renamed a domain and what probs they had. Luckily its a primary school so only 1 DC and around 80 pc's
  16. I hate the permissions with Granada toolkit , the only way around it that ive found is toadd NT AUTHORITY/INTERACTIVE to the local administrator group.
  17. Cheers. I think my brain has cooled down now and I can think it throught correctly. Our county has split the admin + curric networks via IP. The schoo, has 2 ip address(external) one is the normal web surfing ip the other is not in use yet. So i'm going to have to reg a domain and route all emails through the 2nd external IP address onto my exchange server. I can see me banging heads with the County infastructure team on this one
  18. OK one of my schools have exchange running with an internal email system. The head now wants all the staff and 50%(to start) of the children to have external email access. Can anyone suggest a hosting company that supplies unlimited pop3/smtp (is it imap i need?) email addresses and domain registration ? And if anyones got this allready, how easy/straightforward is it to configure in exchange 2003 ? Cheers guys and gals Si
  19. Thanks will have a play
  20. I have just installed Exchange 2003 on a server at a primary school. Now I know absolutly nothing about IIS and exchange etc, so what im looking for is an ebook anyone may be able to upload for me etc.? Just setup a School diary all teachers can edit but not sure how to view it via the intranet(iis). Training would be lovely but as a close second edugeek rarely fails me. Cheers Si
  21. Doh - as easy as that Thanks Geoff
  22. I have a problem in a primary school where year 3 children keep dragging folders into one another. I need to give the children write/delete/modify access within the folders but I dont want them to be able to move the main root folders. Children log on with a year3 login name and can see all their classes folders, they just save to their name. I know i could setup individual login names for each child but the school does not want to go down that route so im stuck. Anyone know what combination of NTFS permissions or AD will help me out ? Server = 2000 Clients = 2000/XP Thanks
  23. must of been one of those wonderfull winblows glitches - have reinstalled OS and now its happy again
  24. DHCP works (eventually) it just has to be logged in before it starts looking. Going to blat it and see what happens
  25. RJ45 - nothing in eventlog apart erros seaying it cannot find domin controller etc. Changed network cable and tried different patch point. Looking like a rebuild
×
×
  • Create New...