-
Posts
1,832 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by pooley
-
Has "Derek" been playing about with file attributes to make the files invisible not the folder ??
-
Are the network cards gigabit ? Had this problem and has to disable mediasense to get gpo to apply properly. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/239924/
-
I think (going from memory) you can select "Do not specify administrative policy for My Pictures" in the My Documents folder redirection policy.
-
What error's are being thrown up in eventvwr m8 |?
-
Used them once last christmas to buy a 19" LCD tv for my bedroom. At the time it was a fantastic deal. But TV arrived with No remote controll or power. Numerous phone calls eventually finished up with the TV going back and a refund being given, then 2 days after the tv being returned I recieved the power supply and tv remote. I may be a random case but if you do have a stock issue or fault you will be at mercy of the French (the warehouse is in France) Si
-
In the task bar is there an gfx icon, intal/ati etc ? Right click and select which displays you want to use, Have found in past certain makes work better using this optio as apposed to FN+F5 etc
-
think of the .dmg as an iso file, it will need to be burn to a dual layer dvd (if full version of Leapard) so yes use toast and ¨burn image¨ option
-
My mum has the adsl service 8meg and its awful, very low dowload and pitiful upload speeds. Check out the forums at http://www.adslguide.org for customer reviews
-
Are the users part of the correct OU? The one the GPO is linked to ? Try the gpo group results wizard thingy
-
I found this problem is fixed by installing Office 2003 service pack 2.
-
ok from the start, cards on table, IIS and website bulding , hosting is alien to me lol. I currently host a website for our primary school and it works fine. I have been playing with Joomla and trying to get it to work, I can setup a localhost http:// and browse it, I have downloaded php 5.2.4 and installed it (IIS Asapi module - is this correct) I got as far as creating a test.php file but IE just gives me "Page cannot be displayed" error now. Its probably somthing dull I have missed (its friday after all) any help appreciated Server 2003 + IIS6
-
Thanks Geoff, looks interesting
-
The HT has decided he would like the children to be able to have group blogs for different project. I wont allow access to external blog sites as can of worms and opening come to mind. So is there a way of hosting a blog(s) internally, if so what software/system will i need. I've no experience with moodles, vle's or web building tbh. Any advice appreciated.
-
Using Sims Currently we run a report at 9.30 that gives us the Names and Telephone numbers of all absent children for that day, we then copy and paste them into a web based SMS gateway with a std message. I was just wondering if anyone had any idea;s for automating the process of importing the telephone numbers into the sms gateway along with a standardized " your kid isnt in school" message" ?? Maybe asking for the impossible/improbable but this is the place to ask
-
If you can buy it via school then try jigsaw24.com Have spent alot with them over the last 6 months and they are very good on their apple pricing.
-
Silly question, this site is an invaluable resource for me on an almost daily basis. 10/10 here full marks
-
Thanks just did that - still annoyed that it doesnt reboot when I tell it etc etc - but what can you expect from m$
-
I have 2 server 2k3 box's that after a wsus update try to auto-restart and then stall shutting down. There is nothing in the event log to help me sort this out. 1 server is an exchange server the other is a DC. I have tried the gpo settings to prevent auto-restarting of the servers but it didnt work. (they still reboot after x amount of time) Should I just stop the servers getting their updated via wsus or does anyone know of a fix ? Cheers Si
-
Little update - killed mac by editing /etc/authorize file so out it back. Looked a little deeper and it seems its not a kerberos problem I have its an ladap3 issue - the clients wont connect. Still trying
-
I have been following Mike Bombich's bible on AD an OSX and seem to have succeeded to a point (along with help from Ross2k5) The clients are connected via AD plugin and Ldap3 fo AD and OD integration. Unfortunatly I cannot get them to Automount any drives I assign using the osx server or take any preferences. ot times for the mac's has increased, seems to be a lot going on before it gets to the login window (sometimes stalls) I have checked for any kerberos tickets on the mac client and there arn't any, so I have been trying to follow this article. It refers to a AppleScript file to change the /etc/authorization file as per Apple. I am about to make the change on 1 of the mac's to see if it works, but didn't really fancy manually editing the file on the mac's if I could get the script. Also if you have read this and are thinking "he doesn't need to do that" then please stop me lol. Am flying a little blind here guys and gals, its turning into a very steep learning curve.
-
Couldnt you just map a drive for use in he "music room" and tel he pupils/staff to save to that instead ?
-
we are looking to order 1 of the above this week, but I am unable to find any information of the dimensions of the mount. I need to know exactly how low it can go, I want it installed in our nursery class, we want it mounted no higher than 6', looking at the supposed drop of 50cm it could go as low as a foot off the floor, but I need to confirm how far the slide travels? If anyone can help i'd appreciate it Si
-
Set the loopback policy to merge http://support.microsoft.com/kb/231287
-
We are about to start using Sims to do E-reg and I was wondering if there is a web based eportal that teachers could use as apposed to me installing sims throughout? It would also be nice to use PDA's for ereg, I have contacted capita and they charge £150 per pda for the software, then we would have to buy the PDA's - worked out abouut £4k for 12 pda's, thats extortion. So was looking for a way around it or another solution, otherwise i'l just install in on each teachers laptop. Si
-
Have you tried changing the channel its broadcasting on, maybe there is some interference ?
