Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

pooley

Members
  • Posts

    1,832
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by pooley

  1. Non glossy here, I have a non glossy MB pro and the IT co-ordinator has a glossy one, as has been said, shows up marks, no good in sunlight etc.
  2. That looks like someone in your network "acw\iusr_mercury" is trying to access hotmail and its blocked. Try education your user that hotmail is blocked ??
  3. Looks a bit sh!t though, don't really want anything under the menu other than blank space, or login box if I decide to put it back. Any way of achieving this ?
  4. Just getting to grip with Joomla and how it works etc, have added sections, categories etc. I have added a link under "Main menu" and pointed it towards my newly created article. When I click on the link I get a new page with my article on here, great!! well almost, the alignment of the article is not centered on the page, its sat under the "man menu" as opposed to the middle of the page. I just can't see where the option is to centre the article. I have looked at joomla tutorials etc but nothing mentions alignment. 1st pic is Front page, 2nd pic is once ANY menu lnk is pressed. I think its somthing to do with columns etc, but I can't see where to set/edit positioning for any page apart from front page .
  5. If your just moving it from 1 server to another there is an easier way How to move a DHCP database from a computer that is running Windows NT Server 4.0, Windows 2000, or Windows Server 2003 to a computer that is running Windows Server 2003
  6. Reset the virtual directories and all is well again
  7. It wasn't somthing I did, the url is to my exchange server https://www.sitename.org.uk/exchange and this would then become the https://www.sitename.org.uk/exchweb/bin/auth/owalogon.asp?url=https://www.sitename.org.uk.org.uk/exchange&reason=0 this has allways been an automatic thing that happens (on all exchange server ?) but its stopped
  8. Got a problem with Exchange 2003 (on server 2003) Normally type in https://www.sitename.org.uk/exchange and that redirects https://www.sitename.org.uk/exchweb/bin/auth/owalogon.asp?url=https://www.sitename.org.uk.org.uk/exchange&reason=0 But its not redirecting to the Forms front end. Any ideas?? :censored::censored:
  9. Hmm somthing horrible is going on, same thing has happend at another school, no joomla on that 1.
  10. Yep, on a comparison with another exchange setup all files are there
  11. Ignore the above its not working. Website works Tremains Junior School Owa broken = https://www.tremainsjunior.org.uk/exchange Both using same IIS on server 2003 with exchange 2003. Ive not come across this before, any idea's ?
  12. Ignore post, Fixed it. Forgot about using host headers etc, was a long day yesterday.
  13. Yeah wasn't my best idea, but county will only give 1 ext IP per primary so Web and Exchange run off same box. Been working fine with old "Frontpage" website but Joomla messed with somthing. Exchange 2003 on server 2003
  14. Ok finally got PHP, mysql and Joomla up and running on my server (same server as Exchange is on) Just noticed this morning that when I go to the OWA page I now get a list of users/mailboxs instead of my forms front end. If I click on a user it takes me to the OWA login page but does not allow login. Any idea's ? Cheers Si
  15. Back to drawing board, rebooted server and still no Mysql in the Joomla install prerequisites Mysql Administrator shows service as running, not sure what I have missed. Another thing that didn't work for me was the phpinfo.php test file, gave me Error 500 internal server error, but it allows me to get to the Joomla install webpages. Any idea's before I give up (again)
  16. My issue with IIS6 and Joomla is it doesn't recognise that mysql is installed. On the Pre installation check is has a Red NO I have removed and reinstalled mysql but to no avail. Any isea's ? Server 2003 sp2 btw EDIT********* Looks like I need the php path in the server variables, have to wait till lunch before I can reboot server
  17. Struggling to get Joomla working with iis6, something about mysql not being detected. Would I be better using WAMP and if so is there anyway of running iis6 and wamp together, currently iis6 is publishing my exchange owa. Or can wamp be made to publish owa? ta Si
  18. Sharepoint, Moodle, VLE's in general would be nice, also security on Server and at the Desktp, sort of a best practice type of thing
  19. Been playing with truecrypt today for usb encryption, looks like a winner, only down side is no traveller mode for OSX, but not many Staff will be using Level 2/3 data on OSX side of things anyway.
  20. That's what I intend to do here, have passed on Dicument to LEA as I think this should be an LEA initiative but not holding my breath. Encrypting pc's / laptops on a whole school setup is pointless, USB pens are used to take L2/L3 data to and from school so they are my main target for encryption right now.
  21. Quiet day where you are then ?
  22. Sorry to bump an old thread. Any recommendations for USB encryption at a school where we use Mac OSX and XP. Looking at truecrypt now, just thinking in my head how easy they (them technophobic teachers) will be able to use it.
  23. Create your scripts in notepad, change the extention to .bat In stand alone XP pro you have gpedit.msc (group policy editor), you can specify startup/shutdown scripts in there. Or if its not needed to run on shutdown you could always place the script in the "all users" startup folder
  24. Thanks guys lots to consider there, we are a primary so it may be worth talking to a few comps in the area. The HT is not one for waiting, he likes to innovative as much as possible and hates to be last to get anything lol. Its great for me as I get lots of toys/systems to play with but we need to get this right. As its going to be initially for Staff/Student areas and Owa/Diary etc I am leaning towards sharepoint. Has anyone got access to one that I could show the HT to begin discussions with him, sharepoint & moodle would be nice. Thanks again Si
  25. In a word "no" They don't yet have a VLE nor by the sounds of it is it a priority or even being discussed at any level. Thats why we are looking to do something ourselves.
×
×
  • Create New...