Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

pooley

Members
  • Posts

    1,832
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by pooley

  1. We use Truecrypt here for USB and are about to start implementing it for all laptops. When encrypting the laptops you can create a recovery cd, as for USB, I make a note of the staff password and lock that document in the school safe.
  2. Cool, I was 6/7 when it was on in the 80's used to scare the cr@p out of me
  3. Could be something as simple as a bad sector on your hard drive, run chkdsk /f and see if that improves anything
  4. Now that would be a good story
  5. Love the quote "Holly f**k, I didn't know you could fit so many woman in one dress."
  6. From my heady heights (I'm more or less in the roof) I overlook the animals (year 1,2,3,4,5 &6 kids) and also the staffroom - scary in there!!
  7. pooley

    Fun xmas photobooth

    Ah I had forgotten elf yourself, loads of fun
  8. pooley

    Fun xmas photobooth

    I was asked to find some software where the kids can use a pic of themselves and add antlers / Santa hat, halo etc to themselves. And came across this lods of fun. Anyone got anything similar ?
  9. Only just noticed this thread, we had similar issues with USB leads, but it was the length of them that was the issue not the make, they had to be less than 2 meters in length from board to laptop. 5 mins with knife and soldering iron did the job here.
  10. Use windows media player classic
  11. Oh dear, hope we have a little more success, although when I spoke to the head IT uys in corporate today they had no idea what a VLE was. Interesting times ahead me thinks.
  12. Do any of the welsh LA's centrally manage Moodle/VLE for the schools within their authority? Had a meeting today with LA and they eager to know if this is being managed centrally anywhere or just by individual schools ? Thanks Si
  13. So what do edugeekers have as their mobile ringtones / message tones ? Ringtone = Umbongo advert tune Message = "A message... excellent"
  14. Saw this on one of the chat programmes on tv, looks fab. Just wish my 1 year old was a little older to appreciate it
  15. If I remember right, you have to have an admin@ email address
  16. Ditch them m8 and go with ipsCA works fine here and has been posted its entirely free
  17. I'm a full time NM shared between 2 primary schools
  18. 61 sleeps till xmas (just under 9 weeks) :eek:
  19. Are the users or the computers added to the wireless security group ? Computers should be added to the security group that allow wireless access not the user.
  20. Jammy git
  21. Anyone got a spare COD 5 beta key ? My son is driving me mad Si
  22. Network 2003 Servers Exchange Server Radius Server 2 x Mac Suites
  23. Is the time correct on the macbook? or at least within a few mins of your Server AD
  24. Anything in eventvwr ?
  25. We do as above, 42" lcd on wall, pc behind (cable run through wall), pc is networked powerpoints can be dropped onto box remotely, powerpoints saved as powerpoint shows and a shortcut to the powerpoint is placed in the programs\startup folder. Very simple and just works
×
×
  • Create New...