-
Posts
1,832 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by pooley
-
IS anyone local (ish) running a VLE? If so any chance I could arrange to have a nose at? Either with temp access or school visit ? tia Si
-
I have been asked by the HT to look into (impliment asap in real terms) a VLE. Initially this will be to provide pupils with access to certain files/homework from home, and eventually to link in with school diary, give staff access to their emails (owa), then with the thought of collaborative learning and project work within school. Now I have been reading up on Sharepoint, seems the simplest option for total MS ntegration, word, powepoint etc inc OWA. Also Moodle looks interesting, and I could have sharepoint with moodle webparts (not sure about this part) what are benefits ? Anyone got any sage advice on where to start, what to start with and any demo sites I can show HT/SMT to aid in the decision making? Many thanks Si
-
Ok just to clarify Users are not prompted for AD credentials when viewing shared calendar, they are prompted when viewing thier own calendar/mailbox - all within OWA Haver checked permissions, tick boxs etc, have compared with another Exchenge 2003 installation at another school and they are fairly identical. Pulling my hair out now (well would be if I wern't bald!)
-
Ok exchange 2003 Within Outlook 2003 under shared calendar permissions, all teachers are set as Author, so within Outlook they can edit the calendar. But if ther same user was to use OWA and go to the \\server\owa\shareddiary\calendar it takes then directly to the Calendar without prompting for username or password. this happens on internal and external access to owa. Users are prompted for user/pass on own mailbox/calendar using owa
-
Ok I may be being dull here, but am in a suite full of year 3 and am trying to sove an Owa shared calendar issue. The Head's calendar calendar is shared throughout the school, everone is an Author (permissions) using OWA it does NOT prompt for username/password, the head's mailbox prompts but not the calendar. I have looked at the permissions but can't see whats happend ? This used to work fine, but since summer holidays it has stopped asking for credentials, it just gives basic access (view) but no one can edit/add to the diary as they havent been authorised as Authors. Its doing my head in
-
Lea must be blocking your ad m8, not had any pop ups at all today
-
Looking at doing this, but need the time to work out how, plan it properly and allow for downtime. So looking like a summer 09 job.
-
Going to try and do a 20pc suite tomorrow, Core 2 duo with 2 gig ram each, will let you know how long they take - not looking forward to it
-
Thanks guys. I have tried educating the masses and just minimise but 1st instinct is to close not minimise. Any suggestions on a script to check aftter x mins if running then open outlook.exe if not running ?
-
I have been asked by the HT to make sure all staff have outlook running when they log into the pc's. I have setup richprofile and set outlook to run (from the startup folder) but this does not stop them (the teachers) from closing it immediatly. I tried srvany to install outlook as a service - but it failed. Anyone got any idea's on how I can ensure outlook is running or get it to re-open if closed. Thanks Si
-
Have you disabled Drag&Drop on the start menu ? This will stop the context menu from working and not allow the user to right click and sort.
-
Its an issue that some users have after the sp3 update. You may have to add a registry entry to re-enable this functionality. I found using "Process Monitor" that an Internet zone policy was being checked in the registry that doesn't exist. No entry, no policy, so no authorization to drag/drop. In regedit, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Internet Settings/Zones/4. If there isn't an entry named 180D, then create a new DWORD entry named 180D and set the value to 0. Can't take full credit as found fix on another site
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
Linksys do a Range expander WRE54G, works well in the couple of schools ive needed to use it in. Not any good if using Radius though.
-
Or maybe found C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper
-
Nah did that, via chipset drivers installed and usb drivers. Just annoying that as soon as telly tubby land appears my keyboard stops working
-
I have an old Advent pc (staff home machine - i'm being nice) I have NO usb devices working on it at all, device manager shows usb's as active but plugged in devices show up as "unknown device" In Safe mode they work, and they work all the way up to the "Welcome to windows" screen, but as soon as telly tubby land appears they stop working. Have tried USB Keyboard, Mouse, Pen drives x 4 all the same. If I scan for new hardware it sort of looks like its found somthing then just stops. Have formatted machinbe, is basic XP sp3 system, no other software installed. Have unticked the ppower management options for usb in device manager. Its a VIA Rev 5 USB Univerasl host controller Any idea's ?
-
Very clever
-
I need to mount 3 desktop pc's under some desks/worktops. Have found HP Wall Mounting Bracket Security Sleeves DC7100 USDT Desktop PC but I was wondering if anyone has any other solutions ? Cheers
-
Recommendations -- KS1 Encyclopedia software
pooley replied to pooley's topic in Educational Software
Should of said for Encyclopedia software/resources -
I have been asked if there are any good websites/software (free or otherwise) that people have found usefull for KS1 children. Any suggestions ? Si
-
Had issues today after rebooting server (Windows updates) over the weekend, ip renewals were very hit and miss (more miss) Checked the Cabs and switches all seemed fine, in the end I moved my DHCP database to another server (and back) and its working ak again. No idea why, or even if yours is a similar issue Si Server 2003 btw
-
ABP means I don't see the smiley's
-
All of the above, but if the old manager has been gone a while, expect to fight a few fires and just get stuff working before you get a chance to play/learn the setup.
