Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

pooley

Members
  • Posts

    1,832
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by pooley

  1. My nice 24" Imac - 4gig ram.
  2. Can you telnet out and in on port 25? Have you an external DNS forwarder? i.e. can you nslookup gmail.com and get a response? What does the queue say in exchange manager about the undeliverable messages?
  3. We upgraded ours to XP Pro - Was easier in long run. Allowed us to buy the cheaper linux versions
  4. So what exciting projects do you lot have on at the moment? Have just completed a couple of mine. Setup a Virtual server HOST Migrated to exchange 2007 (from 2003) - Virtualised on server 2k8 (64bit) Migrated & Decommissioned a failing DC Just finished visualizing Print/DNS server Have decisions to make on a backup solution (software) and NAS/SAN setup.
  5. Raised awareness of the disease. Am with her 100% about trying to raise money to support her children when she's gone. I don't think you can complain too much about the press coverage, if we weren't a nation of voyeurs who enjoy watching reality tv, rubbernecking car crashes etc etc then the "press" probably wouldn't of bothered to cover her illness at all.
  6. pooley

    Plasma Overlay

    Has anyone had any experience with plasma/lcd interactive overlay screens? The HT want s a 42" screen with overlay and up&down stand for our Nursery. Any suggestions / experiences welcomed. Si
  7. have you pointed your MX records at the new Exch07 box? Can you telnet the Exch07 box on port 25? Check your MX records are pointed to the correct server IP (MX Lookup Tool - Check your DNS MX Records online)
  8. Cheers Dos_Box Am running Server2008 64bit, have only done a self cert on the server as yet, awaiting HT to get back to me on purchasing options for a CA cert, was thinking Wildcard cert would be best? I did have an issue where after a reboot most of the exchange services did not start up, I started them manually. I will look at the work-around and see if that helps. Si
  9. Check the bloody obvious first, am unable to telnet OUT on port 25, can receive but not send. Will sort that with a call to LA tomorrow and get them to sort out the PIX. Now its just OWA to fix
  10. Have completed an exchnage 2003 to 2007 migration with minimal issues until the end. I can receive email on the domain, internally and externally. I cannot send, messages just get stuck in queue. Owa is not working, i realise that the url changed from https://domain/exchange to https://mail.domain/owa but I just get a 404 error. I can telnet to the new exch2k7 server on ports 25/80/443 so its not pix/firewall issue. OWA works internally if i go to https://servername(or ip)/owa (very slow to load) I have uninstalled Exchange 2003 to see if that helps, but it hasn't. I have updated the dns records at our domain name host. They read. A records mail.domainname.org.uk = ip address of new mailserver mail = ip address of new mailserver www.domainname.org.uk has been registered. = ip address of old server (it hosting our website) www = ip address of old server MX record points to mail.domainname.org.uk MX and A records are not my strong point....... Now since updating the dns I cannot get to the website as well as not being able to get to the owa page. I realise this could be an issue while the DNS settings filter through from my host. Having just performed a Mail Flow test on my mailserver I get errors like name = alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com port 25 did not respond. This repeats itself of ANY mailservers I try to reach externally. Nslookup will show ip's of the mailservers I try to reach. This exchange 2007 malarky is a steep learning curve Anyone provide any pointers ? cheers Si
  11. £20 an hour here
  12. As you said its not surprising. I reckon a bright Year 6 kid could pass GCSE IT
  13. Work http://www.speedtest.net/result/421917755.png
  14. I'm sorry but if my employer offered me a deal with bonus package etc I wouldn't give it up either. Why should I? He left before the banks started to fail etc so there was no mention of him having failed at anything until after the fact. I'd love £700k a year
  15. Insanity (the 2nd one)
  16. Our LEA guru made us some custom assessment/tracking templates, unfortunately she has gone off long term sick and we need the templates editing. Anyone know where these are likely to be held so I can go in and fiddle? I can access them by going to Focus>assessment>templates the template has been called "tracking data". I need to edit the Formula at the base level then re-import, but can't find them
  17. Another for Nod32
  18. They are well used, and I get to have a nice 24" Imac at home (School provided) for R&D
  19. Full time Network Manager, shared between 2 Primaries. 1 school has 4 servers, 45+ Imac/Macbooks 60+ Windows machines, IWB's in every classroom 2nd School has 3 Servers 70+ pc's & 30+ laptops
  20. pooley

    Repair Permissions

    Disk utility has the "repair disk permissions" option, try that ?
  21. I don't thing this can be done with a GPO ? Reg hack [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CabinetState] "FullPath"=dword:00000000 ;Display the Full Path in the Title Bar (1=Enabled, 0=Disabled) "FullPathAddress"=dword:00000001 ;Display the Full Path in the Address Bar (1=Enabled, 0=Disabled)
  22. Another thing our Nursery/reception has done is stuck a piece of Velcro (the softer side) to the left click button, so they have a tactile feeling when using them.
  23. Bring on the Saes, Wales to win by 30
×
×
  • Create New...