caffrey
Members-
Posts
4,763 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by caffrey
-
SBB Netsweeper over blocking
caffrey replied to caffrey's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Yes, I had SBB set me up a policy to allow youtube during lessons but I think you do it like so (not tested so ymmv):- Under group manager click on the group you want create a policy for, and click create \ based on policy template which would be your student one ? Call it something like student list with allowed keywords .Then you can create your word list in that policy under policy manager. Then under group manager click on the student group then click policies calendar then add the times \ dates you need it using that policy A bit simplified and it's a tad complicated and I probably havent explained it too well! -
SBB Netsweeper over blocking
caffrey replied to caffrey's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Apart from doing what you said , there is no way You could create a set of keywords and set expiry for them ? So they are only accessible during the lessons themselves - still a pain -
You can ? (If this is what you mean - there is a picture there just hard to see ) I wish they would expose some features, especially policy based routing - messing around with json files is silly
-
Unifi NVR server issue ... Netsweeper related?
caffrey replied to MrWu's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I think I had to put the cert into trusted root, but it works here -
SBB fixed it for me, it took some digging to find though
-
Netsweeper with Schools Broadband
caffrey replied to TMBS's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Yes it is, but the apps are hit and miss if you force install - the play store usually comes up blank. Edit, oh and make sure that SBB haven't blocked the Google DNS servers as the play store I think needs to reach them... -
Do you use radius at all for the Chromebooks ? I didn't need any extensions installing
-
Unifi NVR server issue ... Netsweeper related?
caffrey replied to MrWu's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
This fixed it for me if anyone is having issues https://community.ui.com/questions/Server-responded-with-status-code-404-Unable-to-load-video-stream/852332e5-3501-4297-94a6-048fd78e3f69#answer/fe877d35-cf16-454f-884d-47e34bf65c69 -
Unifi NVR server issue ... Netsweeper related?
caffrey replied to MrWu's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Just found this thread, wondered what was going on Certificate related apparently -
Yes, and it would be trivial to do so (radius assigned vlans) , however I've lost faith in SBB to do their end of the set up
-
So back to injecting into the WIM I guess?
-
Ta, seems to be port 5223 which is also Facetime - I only want this blocked for specific year groups really
-
Any ideas on how to block iMessage with Netsweeper and SBB ? I have the IOS message & facetime ticked under mobile apps but it still works for some reason
-
I think that's what it is, I found not forcing installation and allowing install instead works more reliably - the apps are available and install fine. This might be better in the long run doing this as it saves all the apps trying to install at once. I found even with clear data the app auto installs for the user that installed it previously anyway. The apps on the other hand especially android are a bit hit or miss. I may recommend not using them e.g. Stop Motion Studio saving only saves to the local machine (which is lost on log off) only way to fix it is install the Android Google Drive app which makes google drive available to the app - makes sense but seems a bit janky to me.
-
True, I share a 3m x 4m office with a technician and we are front facing - the constant knocking on the door is very disruptive. I also have no decent workbenches, server room is next door in an old cupboard but it has air con
- 30 replies
-
- location
- network manager
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
I've got those, in particular the gvt1 cdn and there doesn't appear to be anything blocked as I'm observing the traffic. I just experimented deleting an app and adding new one, the new app appeared once then on second login the app dissapears again with "no results found" I'm wondering if it's cache related *edit* What seems to work better is not force installing but just allow install instead ?
-
Is anyone using the play store on managed Chromebooks ? I'm evaluating a couple of Chromebooks and I've selected a few test android apps to push out, and randomly the apps don't install and the play store displays "No results found". I'm not sure if it's apps related e.g. pushing certain ones out causes a problem or what. I've now ruled out the filtering as it happens at home too. The Chromebooks are set to clear user data on log off if that has anything to do with it. We did have an issue with the Play store not installing (It needs access to Googles DNS servers else it breaks) but that got resolved
-
Smoothwall Licence Expiry
caffrey replied to dcwhitworth's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
It'll keep working but as you say the blocklists will no longer update -
Apparently it's a fibre break somewhere, wonder where - maybe Europe cut us off
-
Seems to be related to BT too
-
Here too, interface is down also
-
Difficult to describe and I'm rubbish at network diagrams especially when more than one gateway is involved - but something like this I have two gateways, if I set a PC gateway to 192.168.5.254 it bypasses Netsweeper completely, set to 252 it's filtered Vlan 50 (type on the diagram should be 50 not 75) Is set like this in Unifi Wifi is like this And the radius profile is like this Then the traffic needs routing to 252 via the CLI, there is a few little extra things to do with the NPS server and SBB needs to do something
-
Hitachi short throw here are okay, 5 year old plus - they do seem to be eating bulbs at the moment though whereas the Epson long throws have been great
-
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Why do I feel like I'm taking part in a beta ? -
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Oh is that why I'm struggling to troubleshoot something...
