-
Posts
3,858 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by HarryMonkey
-
Installing Google Chrome on a network
HarryMonkey replied to witch's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Here are the links for the downloads. I haven't got as far as installing it yet so can't really say if there are any gotchas to be aware of. Chrome-Browser Policy Templates - The Chromium Projects -
This year we will be doing exactly the same as last year ... Going to The Village Restaurant in Newtown Linford and having it all done for us. Boxing day is a different matter though ... forerib of beef ... can't wait.
-
I'd make sure you take your wellies if I were you ... BBC News - Heavy rain causes floods in Midlands and South West
-
Came across this today ... some voucher codes for sky ... might be useful ... SKY Offer Codes | Sky TV Offer Code - Sky Voucher Codes & Vouchers
-
The RMMC on CC4 doesn't use a browser.
-
There's some online info here ... Loading…
-
Here's the link for the software ... iPhone Configuration Utility 3.6.1 for Windows You might also want to have a look at the Meraki Systems Manager software as well ... Meraki Systems Manager
-
It was 25-30k last time round in 2010
-
Does anyone have a particular Casio model that they favour? ... Just so I can do some pricce and spec comparisons. ... Thanks
-
To show what's being done on an ipad? Maybe not now but some time down the line.
-
Apple TV units connect via HDMI.
-
What content filtering do you use?
HarryMonkey replied to BStevens's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Another thumbs up for Smoothwall. So glad to see the back of Smartcache. -
Can anyone recommend a decent (free) iPad app? ... saves me having to download and try them all!
-
I just wish that RM would produce an app for the CC4 Management Console, that would really make worthwhile use of a tablet in our dept.
-
Spend them as soon as you can or they may become worthless. Comet are expected to enter administration this week. Comet edges towards administration - FT.com
-
I would expect all primary schhol children to leave with a knowledge of Word, Powerpoint and Publisher as a minimum, throw in some skills with a drawing package and some logical thinking with the likes of Logo and that would give them a good grounding into what to expect at secondary school.
-
Just out of interest, what cart have you ordered?
-
Here it's Small Basic, Python and Vis Basic Express on a VPC.
-
Network and Sharing Centre on W7 CC4 Laptops
HarryMonkey replied to HarryMonkey's topic in Wireless Networks
Thanks for the PMs. This has now been solved by RM. The solution to this can be found in the RM tec article TEC2165151 -
Not sure if this is in the right area so please feel free to move if not. The problem I have is this, We have several staff laptops that are built as Windows 7 CC4 machines. When a teacher logs in, it picks up the staff wireless automatically (this was done by a GPO that was set up by our wireless installers). This is all well and good and works as it should. The problems occur when they are taken off the network, home, another school etc. They no longer have the wireless icon in the system tray so can't connect to another wireless network (they are allowed to use the laptop at home on their wireless network), we also have trainee teachers who need to be able to access networks at other schools. They are not priviledged users of the machines (nor will they be). If I log on as an admin user I get the icon and can switch networks quite happily. This doesn't happen on an XP machine ... the icon is there, it's only on Windows 7. I'm guessing it's a GPO setting somewhere, has anyone had this problem and found a solution? Thanks Steve
-
Good luck everyone. I smoked 20+ Marlboro a day for years and gave up in January 2000 and haven't looked back. I used teh patches and followed the program that they recommend and found that it helped enormously. I had already banned smoking in teh flat or car so that helped but I think what helped me as well was changing what I did at key moments ... the first cigarette of the day was repleced by making tea and having some cereal, instead of having one after dinner I went and di the washing up, I stopped going to the pub for a long while as this was a time I smoked the most. Celebrate the anniversaries, 1 week, 2, a month 2 months etc. Reward yourself with a treat ... bottle of wine, takeaway, just something to make you feel good about yourself. Remember how hard it's been so far and that if you do have a smoke, it's all got to start again. Most of all, just remember how worthwhile it will be to be a non smoker.
-
I'm guessing you've found these people ... not UK basedand not cheap either (but then neither is the A80 replacement) 100% NEW Seiko MS614S MS614SE Rechargeable 3V Back up Battery / Super Capacitor (MS614SE FL28E)-in Other Batteries from Electrical Equipment & Supplies on Aliexpress.com
-
Loads more here ... http://textfromdog.tumblr.com
-
What Cloud Backup for teachers home machine
HarryMonkey replied to SimpleSi's topic in Cloud Services
You clould try these £4.75/month for 50G, automated backups etc. Online Backup and Data Storage for Home Users and Small Business Use
