-
Posts
3,858 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by HarryMonkey
-
Went to their offices for a demo yesterday and I was impressed with what I saw of it. Especially the ability to have a bookable set that can have a different set of apps deployed based on the lesson they are booked for all done on the fly and in less time than it takes to boot and log into a laptop.
-
Mornings for me, if I've got particularly sweaty or have gotten myself grubby in the garden or somesuch then I'll have one in the afternoon or evening as well. I hate the thought that I might smell remotely like some of the smelly skanks that walk past me in the supermarket, there's no excuse for it.
-
[news] The 25 Best Songs of 2013 (So Far)
HarryMonkey replied to unixman_again's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
Hardly surprising that we've heard of so few on the list, it's an American list. -
The one that came with the pc.
-
These are Jack and Teddy, the aforementioned Westies. They haven't been the cheapest dogs that we've ever had but I don't begrudge a single penny (I just wish Jack wouldn't bark at the tv when another animal comes on). £50 on food between them per two months, £50/month pet insurance, £300 a year each for allergy injections (that we're trying to see if they can do without), £50 every three months for haircuts. Plus a few treats and new toys and the unexpected vet bill when one gets something caught in his paw etc. Remember, buying the dog is probably the cheapest part of it.
-
We have two Westies that we got from West Highland White Terrier rescue by Westie ReHoming These are cracking little dogs that have never failed to make us laugh.
-
Try 12mm Rawlbolts. They should do the trick.
-
Sorry folks but this is not new. We had a dvd player at my last place and it too had an Anykey on the remote and that was 6 or 7 years ago.
-
RM EasyMail - SMTP settings for iPhones etc
HarryMonkey replied to bodminman's topic in How do you do....it?
Does your broadband provider not have an SMTP or relay server you can use? -
That's a fair point however, teachers have regulations and agreements in place that control what they are and aren't expected to do. We, as support staff don't. Incidentally, whenever a lunch or breaktime duty becomes available here, an email is sent round to all staff asking them if they are interested (it carries an extra payment of around £15/hr). As support staff here only get 30 minutes for lunch, there is no way we could apply. We are ,however, expected to act as fire marshalls ... when the fire alarm sounds (= the building is burning down), we are expected to sweep through the school making sure there is no-one still inside and that little Johnnie hasn't shut himself in the English cupboard. I've refused to do it yet still keep being told that I have to attend fire marshal training and to explain why I am unable (not unwilling) to be a fire marshal.
-
Absolutely, however, the average SLT is going to say that as we work in a school we are all responsible for children. (I don't necessarily agree with this btw).
-
Do you not have the bit that says "any other duties as decided by the headteacher"?
-
A big +1 from me for the Sigma series.
-
Yahoo unveils the new Flickr with 1TB of free space
HarryMonkey replied to Arthur's topic in IT News
But it was never meant to be a backup service. -
Mater and Pater are taking us for lunch on Saturday to ... Welcome to Sapori Restaurant & Bar - Anstey, Leicester Many years ago this building was a working mens club and I haven't been inside it since it was, back in the 70s so it will be interesting to see what it's like.
-
£220 for a year ... Road Tax Prices - Ford Mondeo Saloon (00-07) 1.8 Zetec 4d (00) | Car Tax Calculator | Parkers
-
Yep. I just picked up a 1.8 Mondeo on a 54 plate for £850. Cruise control, air con etc. It's got a few supermarket scratches but runs like a dream.
-
I would say that pointed more towards other problems than anything. I rarely have to rebuild stations and never as a result of updates.
-
Indeed. I also know of schools that have packaged up the Adobe suite using the Adobe admin tools and not bought the RM pack.
-
I am currently in a school that uses CC4 and so far, aprt from some music software, have yet to find anything that won't package. We have boot and logon times of around 5 minutes or so. We have a mix of hardware, RM, Dell, Viglen, Stone, Toshiba etc and all of it builds fine. I can't really fault them to be honest and I can't imagine their support costs to be much more than a third party company supporting a vanilla network, especially if the level of support you use/need is fairly low.
-
Why are 80s cars less loved than those from other eras?
HarryMonkey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Marina, Princess and a 3.5 V8 Rover SD1 ... Had them all ... wonderful cars (especilly the Rover). -
Another vote for NavFree. I use it on my iPhone and have found it every bit as good as Tom Tom.
-
LED Strip lights for kitchens - Can you get them?
HarryMonkey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Have a look at IKEA. They have said that they will be changing all of their lighting ptoducts to LED in the not too distant. EDIT: Oops, just spotted the post above. -
A friend of mine has just bought a brand new T500 that he has just sent away for a conversion to a camper. I look at what he's spent and shudder at what I could get for that ... a really nice motorhome with all the mod cons!
-
British bacon does not have to come from British pigs. It only needs to have been cured in this country, the pig could have come from anywhere.
