Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

HarryMonkey

Members
  • Posts

    3,858
  • Joined

Everything posted by HarryMonkey

  1. Not if Spotify say otherwise which they clearly do. It's their software, their rules, regardless of what might or might not apply to other systems or media.
  2. Thanks @elsiegee40 The hardest part was that initial motivation ... getting myself out of the door but now I get frustrated when I can't go out.
  3. I decided over Christmas that, having made some life changing decisions in 2103, I needed to take on a new project in 2014. I've been threatening for a while now to do some running and was chatting to my daughter about it. She suggested the Couch to 5k program. It takes you from being a couch potato (me) to running a 30 minute 5k in 9 structured weeks. I was a bit cynical at first but I had a look on the website ... Get running with Couch to 5K - Live Well - NHS Choices Now bear in mind the last time I did any serious running was when I was at school nearly 40 years ago and it was with no small amount of trepidation that I downloaded the podcasts, put my trainers on and got out there on the 4th of Jan for my first session. It was awesome. I completed the 30 minute session and arrived back at home absolutely buzzing and raring to go on the second session. The podcasts are structured, telling you when to run, when to walk etc with music as well to help and each week builds on the previous week and ramps it up just that little bit. There's a 5k race in Milton Keynes on the 9th of March and that's my target, to complete that. I never thought that at the age of 55 that I would be entering a road race again but I'm really looking forward to it. I just thought I'd start this in case there was anyone else out there who had made a similar decision but was not sure how to go about it. If you are looking to do a bit more exercise e and want something structured with a target to aim for then I can't recommend this highly enough. There's loads of support on the website and in the forum. Is there anyone else doing this? If so, how are you finding it?
  4. We had this problem on our CC4 network, when a teacher took their laptop home they couldn't open pdf docs. It turns out that Acrobat reader needs the folder that it puts into your roaming profile. If that isn't synced using offline files then it won't work. I'm not sure if you have a vanilla network or even if the problem is the same but it might give you a starting point. We have put fox-it on for them to use at home. Far easier and it just works.
  5. I tend to camp occasionally, mainly on diving trips. Had a caravan years ago but have nowhere to keep one anymore.
  6. You may also need to consider any copyright issues for any music that you have used in the play.
  7. Thanks for the PM Mark, when is the closing date?
  8. Could you PM me too please? Thanks
  9. So, apart from that, you're looking forward to it then
  10. Time will tell I guess.
  11. We've just been pushed into moving providers. We have looked at a lot of different ones, BT, Virgin, Softcat and finally went with Exponential-e. These are very competitive ( for 100 over 100) but the upgrade costs to move up to a gig bearer in the future was way better than anyone else.
  12. I'm not normally a grumpy git ... I put the lights up outside the flat and make the Christmas cake and several dozen mince pies and generally look forward to the festive time. This year though will be the first one on my own so haven't really bothered at all. CBA to make a cake, have made some mince pies for friends and family and written a few cards out but that's it for me this year. The first solo Christmas and can't decide whether I'm looking forward to it or not.
  13. Finish around lunchtime on the 24th, back in on the 2nd. School's shut on the 27th so we've all been told we have to book a day's holiday for that day anyway so I'm taking the Monday and Tuesday off as well.
  14. Done and good luck.
  15. Sorry to tack on to an old (ish) thread but a copy would be useful for me too if that's possible. Thanks in advance
  16. As much as I enjoy cheese, there's no way I could have it in sandwiches every day, once a week maybe, twice perhaps with ham but not every day.
  17. We can argue all day about the rights and wrongs of pin up pictures (Page 3, Pirelli Calendar etc), but they have been around for a very long time now and whether you agree with them or not, it still comes down to parental responsibility to educate their children as to the rights and wrongs of images of this and a much stronger nature. I've had this discussion with many people before and what I find interesting is that the very parents that bleat on about the evils of topless models in the papers are the same parents who will sit with their children all day on the beach frequented by topless bathers.
  18. When SmallBasic compiles its exe it needs to run from %userprofile%\Local Settings\Temp which is prevented by policy in CC4. It's not a good idea to have this open as it will allow students to download executables and zip files from the web and run from there. Create a folder on RMShared Documents, set the appropriate permissions for your programming students and run the exe from there. Failing that use a VM ands let them run all their programming stuff from there. Also ... have a look here http://www.rm.com/_RMVirtual/Media/Downloads/Notes_-_Introduction_to_Programming.pdf
  19. This ^^^^^
  20. And do what with it? Toner is classed as hazardous chemical waste and cannot simply be put in the bin, it has to be disposed of correctly.
  21. Surely if all of these DLRs are as bright and dazzling as you say, how can the car in front not know it's there?
  22. A couple of sunshine pics ... From the cliffs in Brixham, Devon. Cropston Reservoir, Leics. EDIT: I meant to say this is with an iPhone 5S
  23. If it's the formatter yo could try removing the board and baking it. Have a search (on here and google) for instructions on how and what to do. We've often done this with HP formatters when they stop working.
  24. We have two Isis charge and sync trolleys bought from RM. They do a 15 unit version and a 30. (we have the 30). There is the facility to store a MacBook also which can be plugged into the central hub for syncing the ipads. They are very robust, not unattractive (too many steel boxes on wheels around for my liking) and can be moved around the school easily by two students. The usb cables are plugged in to a hub behind a steel facia and secured by a zip tie to prevent them being pulled out of the hub. Generally very impressed. RM Shop ... Isis iPad Trolley for 30 iPad/iPad mini | RM Shop ISIS Furniture ... Isis iPad Charge & Sync Trolley | ISIS Concepts
×
×
  • Create New...