-
Posts
3,858 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by HarryMonkey
-
This is what we use, with changes made for long term loan, equipment type and such like and it appears to cover most eventualities. MacBookPro loan example.docx
- 1 reply
-
- 2
-
-
P4 GHz original RM Allinones, we have a handful of these in a classroom, to be dumped at the earliest opportunity. There is also a 1.8GHz P4 running in an office somewhere.
-
I went to the LG Arena on Saturday with the OH who has always wanted to see Il Divo and, whilst I was brought up with classical music, I guess I saw these as a bit girly .. a bit like going to see JLS. Boy was I surprised. The power and sound generated by those four voices was phenomenal. They also had Katherine Jenkins who combined her voice seamlessly with theirs (as well as providing some top quality eye candy). 11,000 people packed the place and it was an awesome evening, whist not really new music to me, it was certainly new in terms of seeing them live. Anyone who likes their sounds strong and powerful could do a lot worse.
-
Director of IT positions.........are they out there?
HarryMonkey replied to Kyle's topic in Educational IT Jobs
We have various Director roles ... ICT, English, Maths. All of which are teaching roles, many of whom are responsible for budgets, planning, procurement etc. Some of which are also SLT positions. -
They may have sent it out to some people but it certainly never found its way here, there's no mention of it anywhere on their website either (Mind you, I don't know quite why I seem so surprised at that)_.
-
W7 64 Bit has been out for some time now, ... DWN2852249
-
Out of 850 machines, we probably have around 750 XP. It is hoped that these will all be upraded over the summer.
-
ThingsMyGirlfriendAndIHaveArguedAbout.com Things My Girlfriend And I Have Argued About
-
Part Time VLE Administrator Milton Keynes
HarryMonkey replied to HarryMonkey's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Closes tomorrow. -
Incidentally, you'll never finish off paying for your kit ... just had my twin 10s tested and O2 cleaned ... £97. Repairs needed to my drysuit ... £250. Need a new torch, my regs need a service (2 lots at around £50 each set), Stoney Cove membership needs renewing etc etc. Maybe I should have chosen chess or something.
-
Most of the people that I know that are taking underwater shots are doing so with simple point and shoot cameras (with settings for white balance etc). This is the place to start and you can gradually upgrade your kit as your skills and budget improves. The turtle pic on the link below was taken with a Canon Powershot S70 ... nothing majorly expensive. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19161628/tenerife07%20.jpg If it's underwater stuff you're after then you should look up Paul Duxfield. He came and gave a talk to our dive club a while back showing just what you can do with a compact camera.
-
Less than 30p each from Bluepoint.
-
You could always get them to quote for just the screen and fit it yourself, it's an easy enough job. EDIT ... If it's any help, they quoted me £95 for a replacement for a notebook 300 last year ... that's just for the part, I fitted it myself.
-
Useful website for ICT admins or ICT teachers
HarryMonkey replied to mattbeighton's topic in Web Development
SJN -
Our current VLE Administrator is moving on and we are now looking for a someone to fill the vacancy. VLE ADMINISTRATOR. Required to commence as soon as possible. MKC Grade 4 £15,725-£18,453 per annum pro rata. Actual salary £7,241-£8,497 per annum for 20 hours a week Monday to Friday, term time plus training days (39 week a year). You will be responsible for the virtual learning environment and associated e-learning tools. Your duties will include working with staff and students to promote the use of the VLE, day to day management, developing content, providing training and liaising with technical staff. You need to have good organisational and communication skills, the ability to manage your workload as well as the motivation to provide good quality and timely support Opportunities - SBE School Online The job pack should be on the website in the next day or so.
-
[android] Tablet in the kitchen project - With 'issue'
HarryMonkey replied to Dos_Box's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
You could get a kindle fire for £89 from CArphone Warehouse. -
Useful website for ICT admins or ICT teachers
HarryMonkey replied to mattbeighton's topic in Web Development
Hi Matt, glad to see you've gone for some proper expert opinion at last. -
Recover items deleted from a pen drive
HarryMonkey replied to MrJDH's topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
Another +1 for Recuva -
ISFJ over here.
-
Is it answer © Cliff Richard?
-
If the cam sensor has gone and it's using that much oil, I'll be surprised if it lasts until the mot let alone passes.
-
I had a cam sensor error on my Vectra, the engine goes into limp mode to prevent any undue stress, I got mine fixed ... a quick job and all was well with the world. My brother, on the other hand, also had the same problem on a Vectra, ignored it and eventually the engine siezed. The moral of this tale ... don't buy a Vectra lol.
-
Came accross this today ... Prince William School & 6th Form Website - News - Staff Vacancies
-
Well, as it's Easter Monday, I will be nowhere near work, neither, I suspect, will anyone else so I can't really see the point in me doing anything.
-
Started snowing at home at lunchtime yesterday, was still snowing at midnight. Had about 3 inches or so overnight and it had just started again when I left this morning.
