-
Posts
3,858 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by HarryMonkey
-
ANME Trip to the National Museum of Computing (II)
HarryMonkey replied to RichCowell's topic in General Chat
I might just book the day off and come along this time. -
Nice. I do love a steam train. The first one is very atmospheric.
-
Mine is a Microsoft Action Pack Subscription (Dated 2003)
-
An interesting read ... https://fstoppers.com/critiques/how-give-and-receive-constructive-criticism-right-way-170095?utm_campaign=Main_RSS&utm_medium=RSS&utm_source=FS_RSS
-
I have one sitting on my top shelf even as we speak. (I must get round to having a clearout).
-
How much extra time do you put in out of hours?
HarryMonkey replied to beeswax's topic in General Chat
Nope, that's the responsibility of the NM. Likewise, if there was an outage at 2pm on a Sunday afternoon it would wait until Monday. -
How much extra time do you put in out of hours?
HarryMonkey replied to beeswax's topic in General Chat
None, I leave here at 4:30 and don't give this place a second thought until I come back in again. Outside of here, my time's my own and it doesn't involve work in any way. -
Blessed by George Best. Interesting read and illustrates perfectly the perils of alcohol abuse and the impact it has on others. Also reading it as a real book rather than on my Kindle which makes a nice change (Except where I nod off, drop it and lose my page).
-
I came across this last night whilst at camera club. ... A free photobook every month (just pay for delivery). Hopefully someone might find it useful. Has an IOS and Andriod app. Get Free Photo Books | FreePrints Photobooks App UK
-
We had something similar at my last school. Wasn't very good though from what I recall.
-
RM Annual Contracts - up in price again
HarryMonkey replied to AlanD's topic in Network and Classroom Management
We stopped buying PCs from RM when they stopped making them yet all of our PCs and laptops (Stone, Viglen, Dell, Toshiba etc etc) build straight onto our network. -
Looks like a wossname
-
Whilst it all seems pretty straightforward, there are a wealth of regulations that need to be looked at ... where you can drill, fireproofing, terminating standards etc. The kit for testing and producing printouts can also be very pricey. If it's not something you're going to be doing a lot of then I would get a local company to do the cabling for you. Failing that, there are City & Guilds courses that are available. Also check out where you stand regarding insurance, if it's not part of your job and you fall off a ladder or injure a colleague or student, where would you stand?
-
Match of the Day ... twice
-
This was in Bedford today, here in MK, it's ****** freezing, and very windy. Kids have all been told that they're not allowed outside at lunch/breaktime today.
-
And now for the next sequel ... The Blue Planet II ... fantastic news. Blue Planet to return to BBC this year as David Attenborough reveals crew has spent four years filming new seven-part documentary
-
I didn't see that thread until after I posted ... Doh!
-
-
There was a version of the Sinclair ZX80 that came in kit form.
-
Yes, me too, carrying two at a time at the end of the shift to get them put away in the rack. Dreading the horrible screeeching sound that meant a head crash.
-
Looks like an exchangeable disk drive. Takes me back to my ICL mainframe days.
-
They haven't bought Connect Group, they've bought the Education & Care part of the Connect group. https://www.connectgroupplc.com/operating-divisions/connect-education-and-care EDIT: Then again I might be wrong about that. https://www.connectgroupplc.com/operating-divisions/connect-education-and-care/companies
-
Purchase of Education & Care Connect Group to sell education & care business to RM for $70 million | Reuters
-
Sorry to hear your news. It's 5 days here. Make sure you take your full entitlement. You'll need it. EDIT: I forgot to add, that's 5 days paid leave.
