Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

HarryMonkey

Members
  • Posts

    3,858
  • Joined

Everything posted by HarryMonkey

  1. I looked around last year and found Red Funnel to be the cheapest. Ferries to Isle of Wight - Compare ferry routes and prices
  2. The new iPhone, whilst it appears to look pretty, the projected price has rather an ugly look and feel to it. iPhone 8 release date, news and rumors | TechRadar
  3. There is an ice cream kiosk in Ilfracombe near the harbour that does Kelly's Cornish ice cream with a big dollop of clotted cream on top, oh, and of course, a flake ....mmmmmmmmmmmm
  4. I went to the cafe in Sainsburys last night and they are doing old fashioned ice cream wafers for 60p. Had to have one.
  5. Last night I watched this ... https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2017/jun/16/murdered-for-being-different-review-sophie-and-robs-love-story-is-at-the-heart-of-this-affecting-film It's a particularly good dramatisation of the murder of Sophie Lancaster back in 2007, her and her boyfriend were attacked for being different (goths) and she was kicked to death trying to protect him and get his attackers to call an ambulance. It highlights the bigotry that is rife in the world today and I think schools could do a lot worse than to show this as a whole school assembly. It's available as a download on iPlayer. BBC iPlayer - Murdered for Being Different Please take the time to watch it.
  6. It's a great film.
  7. A Knight of the Word ... book two of the Word and the Void series by Terry Brooks. A great prequel to the Shannara series.
  8. Just watched the video on that link. There's something truly satisfying about watching a skilled craftsman at work.
  9. Does anyone have a contact number for Apple Education Sales Support? I ordered VPP credit last week and whilst the order is sat on their system, nothing has been done to complete it, whenever I speak to the general support, they either can't find the order (despite me sending them a pdf copy of it), therefore it doesn't exist or they put me through to someone who seems to be permanently in a meeting. I'm tearing my hair out with this. If this is what I have to go through every time I want to order VPP credit, I'll be chucking them all in the bin. Thanks
  10. A family outing (From a walk round Priory Park in Bedford at the weekend).
  11. My parents had a card which they used mainly for petrol and had something like a £10,000 limit on it. Because they paid it off at the end of each month, the cc company dropped their limit down to £500 and eventually didn't renew the card, they clearly don't want to attract that sort of customer, they want the ones that just pay the minimum payment each month and thereby pay the most interest.
  12. I quite like the woodland one as it takes you on a journey.
  13. Hmmm, doesn't bode well here in MK then.
  14. We have the room name/number followed by machine number for classrooms eg ICT1-01, ICT1-02 etc. For student laptops, it tends to be the dept, NB and an number for example HUMS-NB-01, HUMS-NB-02 etc. All staff laptops are NBK followed by the next number in sequence, NBK-01, NBK-02 etc. Admin machines tend to be ADM then the dept and then machine number so the finance office would be ADM-FIN-01, ADM-FIN-02 etc. These are all then listed in our inventory spreadsheet with staff names against the relevant laptops. We don't use names or initials in any workstation/laptop names.
  15. If I had to walk past that every day, I don't think I'd ever get to work. I'd just take a chair and a sandwich and that would be me for the rest of the day.
  16. A very chequered past and, knowing him, a similar future ahead of him. Joey Barton: 18-month ban adds more controversy to complex career - BBC Sport
  17. As I said earlier, with most of them it's not about the money it's about the thrill of teh bet and the urge to win. I think the most that JB staked was something like £500 which is no big sum so it was never about the money.
  18. He has issued a statement here ... https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/joey-barton-doesnt-hold-back-in-critical-statement-of-the-fa-following-his-18-month-ban-123204
  19. We're about to find out
  20. Gambling isn't about the money for him, it's about the winning. He has admitted that it is an addiction. The stakes were small in comparison to his earnings so money was never the motivator.
  21. Yes 18 months is harsh considering that shorter bans have been given to players that were in a position to influence games that they had bet on. Unfortunately Barton is one of those players that football is (arguably) better off without and I wonder if the FA have seen this as an opportunity to remove him from the game altogether (or at least the upper levels of it).
  22. HarryMonkey

    Huel

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgr5Sx45YdY
  23. Please can you include the salary in the thread title (as per the rules).
×
×
  • Create New...