Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Liam

Members
  • Posts

    922
  • Joined

Everything posted by Liam

  1. Second that.. Best money I have ever spent
  2. Bump [emoji6]
  3. We use cunninghams and I believe it does.
  4. It was a decision made by senior management to minimise disruption. I think it may be something to review in the future though
  5. I didn't really know where to put this so apologies if it's in the wrong forum. Also, unappreciated there are others similar to this but they didn't really give me what I was looking for. I'm looking at online payment solutions, but as there are so many and most of them are modular services it's difficult to make up my mind. What do you guys use? Why did you choose that? I think essentially we just want to ability for parents to pay online for both trips and dinner money. I quite like the option of the pay point too. Thanks
  6. Iv done the same with mail flow rules. They can't email one another or externally. I get a copy of all mail sent from kids too. There aren't that many to be honest yet as this is fairly new. I will be turning that off soon as more and more use it . Iv done some distro groups are classes in sims etc so teachers can quickly email a class or I have created a teachers of... Group so that all teachers of a pupil get an email.
  7. Really? So when running dmconfig /d you are entering \\servername\sharename? Thanks
  8. I have recently removed system manager from a a sims user but his user still has access to system manager. In groups it's says system manager historical. This user isn't a member of any other groups that would contribute towards this. Any suggestions? Is there some set of good practise rules to follow when Doing this? Thanks
  9. Display name attribute? How do you populate your groups ? I seem to have mine done now using attributes in ad and configuring them on office 365. Try unsyncing and resyncing
  10. Document manager server stopped working today. Tried everything, firewall AV dns everything. This doesn't even work from the sims server. I read that if you stop the service and delete the dms confit file and reconfigure it may resolve it. Every time I try to use the dmconfig command I get an access denied message. I tried changing it to d:/docstorage is this right? Any help would be appreciated
  11. Yes been to stone and it works fine on lan. Nightmare
  12. Can anyone shed any light on this. I have laptops that will not apply group policy for nothing. Its a nightmare, I have stone laptops it it helps. Liam
  13. Im looking at removing those policies that would have makde a change to xp but not no more. I did the cleanup a few months back but on login it hangs at preparing desktop for about ten seconds.
  14. Any know of a way to remove any unnecessary settings in group policy editor that may slow down login times and startup times. Our computers hang for a little bit at applying computer settings. I'd like to significantly speed this proceeds up.
  15. Liam

    Laptops

    Is that just for laptops?? or everything?? Do you just update them via gp or something?
  16. Liam

    Laptops

    Ah maybe I failed to mention that I have upgraded to ssd throughout. This did make a different to the operational running just not logins really.
  17. Liam

    Laptops

    So we have laptops in a couple of depts, but they are becoming increasingly problematic. Main issues are login times. Man profile, minimal in size and everything else redirected. Meru infrastructure. The sticking point... Intel centrino nics. Any suggestions what I can do to speed things up?
  18. We are 90% . Makes all the difference . You guys enabled trim?
  19. Easiest way to do it is to isolate switches if you don't rely on them as part of your back bone of course . Then you can narrow it down. Defo worth enabling loop protection, and it's really straight forward on the cli with hp kit. Have you no vlans?
  20. In sure this isn't ms good practice as like you say it restricts them to only using that file one. To be honest, owa is just as powerful as the full client these days..
  21. Frustrating this.. I got around it by using sims remote app on a server 2012 environment . Delegate credentials so it's single sign on and within 5 seconds they are presented with their sims login box. Zero touch installs now for me.
  22. Have you got a loop somewhere on your network? Have you enabled loop protection on switches? Stp? Sounds to me like you have a loop to be honest.
  23. I only need one to be honest. Where are you based too?
  24. Hi mate how much please
  25. Yes I am. I'll check that one out on ms
×
×
  • Create New...