-
Posts
922 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Liam
-
Hi guys, although this has been covered before it was some time ago. Every term I plan what I want to do and this seems to work on the whole but there are occasions when things are 'forgotten' or overlooked. I'd like to have a new way of planning this on some software. Anyone using anything to help with this? Thanks
-
So as a lot of us have already done I have downloaded and installed win 10 on my office machine. Yesterday i imported the admx files into the centralstore but I'm just wondering what you guys have set so far for best practise?? Thanks
-
Well it turned out to be the fiber patch lead. I think it was tangled and wasn't operating as it should. As soon as I removed it from all the cable tidy and put it all back it was completely fine.
-
Ping responses are inconsistent and time is generally high. I suspect it's a loop so I'll start unplugging tomorrow morning etc
-
I was on annual leave when they did it. They have been very understanding and the other cores seems to be working fine
-
I was on annual leave when they did it. They have been very understanding and the other cores seems to be working fine
-
They are in tomorrow. Arranged it earlier [emoji3]
-
Yes I know but not necessarily correct I guess
-
No don't have pro curve manager. Everything brand new Could this be caused by a loop?
-
It's om4. Only fitted and terminate last week
-
I have just upgraded my core switch and all edge switches. The core is linked to the staff room via 10gb fibre and I then trunk this to other switches. This port keeps dropping and is reporting errors on the core. All other edge switches plugged into the other fibre ports are fine. Config is exactly the same for all ports. Stp, speed, vlans etc. Any idea what could be causing this? I'm thinking it's one of the following. Cabling, faulty switch either core or 2920 in staff room, firmware, faulty fibre module again on core of 2920, a device linked the the staff room causing issues. I plan to get in early tomorrow and start diagnosing with the physical elements like swapping fibre port and patch leads etc. Any suggestions. My more advanced steps include using wire shark to capture what's going on but I'd like to walk before I run. Thanks Liam
-
So i was doing some testing as a student today on office 365 and to my amazement there was a missile finger emoji as part of the selection. But it online reading and it turns out Ms will include this as part of windows 10 too. Bonkers. But rather funny I guess. I guess the head wouldn't see it that way if they received it like. Lol
-
Fixed it. Different attribute.
-
Hi all, i have made some changes to some email contacts onsite in AD but they dont seem to sync to Office 365. The only way i can get this to work is if i unlink the container, run a sync and re add the container. Am a missing a trick here? Surely this cannot be right? Thanks Liam
-
We do exactly what you want to do and have office 365 with outlook 2013. I've not managed to successfully get the seamless setup like I have with on premis exchange but to be honest most staff use the same machine daily so it's no trouble. Those who wander I tell them to use owa. If you do know of a way to get it to work with man profiles let us know
-
Ah, You haven't got multiple upns or something. When you send email from the account is it received as expected. If you say you have check mail flow troubleshooting then it's unlikely to be client . Id start by confirming that no other users are having issues. Other than that, good luck lol
-
The user hasn't setup their own mail rules have they at user level ? I assume you are all using the same domain for mail delivery. DNS etc all working as expected? Have you tried disabling your mail flow rule just in case . Got to admit, never seen this for one user. How about disassociating the account from ad and recreating it. Or is there existing mail in the mailbox. ? I quite enjoy troubleshooting things like this. No better satisfaction than when you crack it
-
Sorry compared
-
Any mail flow rules in place ? Is this just one single user having issues. Is this account sync with ad? Have you competed attributes with a working account.
-
I'd be interested in something too. I have trialled a couple in the past. My web dev guys tell me they could easily knock something up internally to be fair so I'm looking for ideas more than anything
-
Yes you only assign that particular license to that user
-
Does anyone have an idiots guide to using command reporter? Its never something i have used, and i would like to give it a try to see if we can produce some material for our intranet portal. Ideally, starting from the bottom. My understanding is that i create a report in sims, which i have done. Then create a scheduled task to call command reported and specifiy user/password and report and output location but i cant get it to work. Any suggestions/help would be appreciated. Liam
-
We recently been through this. Went live last Thursday.. All of the above mainly.. Plus we had to re-ip the network. Good experience.. Habing good documentation is key. It's. Important to provide answers quickly without having to look. Our transitkon was very smooth I have to say. No loss we run them side by side for about ten mins and then switched off the la connection. We use a sophos utm appliance so it made things loads easier. I imagine if your firewall or dns was managed by someone else you might have issues. For us, faultless.
-
Yes I have tried that too. I'll give it another go though. Thanks.
-
Bump
