-
Posts
922 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Liam
-
Download the office adm and you can configure profiles automatically in gpo. Works well You could also use prf files but the first option is my preferred option. If you need more help pm me
-
Search for Santa has come early and home network setup. Enough to be getting on with
-
There are several other posts for this on here at present. Well worth a read. Iv replied to a few and I'm doing some 'geeky' stuff
-
Iv got Virgin superhub Microserver with esxi 5.5 Vm windows 2012 with plex installed. Currently ripping all dvds and blu. Virtual appliance for sophos utm used for Web filtering for daughter devices) Ipad, wii, ras pi, ds. Wasn't easy to setup with only one nic on the microserver whilst still using the superhub in router mode. 3 smart phones. I need a nas that's quiet and home friendly if anyone can help.
-
What u using for download via rss
-
Keep these coming. I have esxi installed now only got 6gb at present with 1tb space across 4 discs. Maybe have to rethink that. I'm planning on going purely digital. Getting rid of my massive bluray / dvd collection I do want to install the vm version of sophos utm for home use too. Always good to see what folk get up to.. And obviously prevent any unwanted nasties from reaching my daughters devices. Anyone done anything with sophos
-
I have plex now. Awesome Where do you download
-
So I have treated myself to a new hp micro server. Taking advantage of the cashbook offer this Christmas. I'm wondering what you guys do with them at home. Thanks
-
I did mine in adsi edit. Relatively straight forward. It works on group membership. So staff have their own and students have the default password policy for the domain.. I have a rely good article for it if you want it.
-
this is every shingle workstation though. this is only happening to staff, crazy
-
Strange one here. If a member of staff opens a pdf from the internet and clicks save it defaults to Libraries/Documents (this is fine as i redirect documents to their home drive) So heres the problem... Staff member gives the file a name and clicks save. When that member of staff returns to thair documents the pfd they have just saved is no there. Interestingly though if i select their home drive instead and click save to that location it works. I have tried this as admin and it works perfectly fine, which suggests the problem could like with GPMC or permissions. Has anyone come across this?
-
Its a very good system now thst iv used it for a period of time. One stop shop and it's only getting better. Friendly staff too
-
You can just run it as part of the shortcut. No need for a cmd
-
Same.. I have sorted it now anyway.. Thanks though.
-
Please mate. Does hardware manufacturer not matter
-
Yes students and staff are obviously not sophos admins so no bother there.. Its balloon notifications I want not the actual client pop up that works. Where did you find the hot keys and graphics adm
-
Solus 3 agent, sophos, graphics properties to name a few..
-
Isnt that win pop up though?
-
In am effort to further reduce printing costs I would like to enforce some more restrictions using the extra scipt functionality. My problem is is that I disable the notification area via gpo. I want to allow just paper cut and hide everything else. Is there a way to do this. I know you can do this via the registry but it would differ from machine to machine. The must be someone who has this issue. Thanks
-
This onky let's yiu change a limited selection of attributes but not the terminal server profile or home drive.
-
I have recently got rid of our last 2003 server which coincidently had the bulk ad tool from wisesoft working on it. Now that I am working with 2008 and 2012 im sure others are experiencing issues like trying to bulk update the terminal server profile tab for 100+ users simultaneously. any help would be appreciated.
-
Yes. Im pretty sure that is already pretty tidy but just tryibg make things easier
-
Im looking to have a cleanup of AD. Anyone recommend any good gpo comparison tools. I dont really want to have to export and compare manually if possible
-
We use them as of last month. In most cases it's been good so far. I guess anything better than an excel spreadsheet. It's good for those schools who are or going to become an academy. I am not sure what it cost but it wasn't cheap. There are annual costs too. Again I'm not sure. Spice works will do the job though. You could produce your own qr labels if you really wanted that take you to the device on spice works.
-
Has anyone managed to setup dynamic vlan management? I am really struggling to the switch to communication with the radius server. In a nut shell i would like to dynamically assign vlans based on several variables. In this case i would just like to assign a vlan based on group membership. If anyone has achieved this and would like to share the steps i would greatly appreciate it. So far I have added the server role and created a NAP to auto assign a VLAN(VLAN 20) I have added all primary auth servers to the switch including the accounting server IP In the summary is says that there have been no errors and no success so im assuming its not even attempting. Any help would be really apprecited. Thanks Liam
