-
Posts
922 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Liam
-
Just wondering how and if people do this. Recently introduces thin clients and no luck yet. Historically used PDF creator via msi installed locally to all machines. An online one would be good without giving email addy. Thabjs
-
Does anyone know how to play a dvd in a remote session? Recently implemented thin clients and having problems getting them to play content. I can see it but cannot play it. Trying to use VLC Player. I have read there is an option to allow access to removable devices in GP. Any help would be great.
-
I have recently assigned a thin client machine to each classroom for use by teachers. The only issue i have is that as they are accessing a terminal session i am finding it difficult to be able to change local graphics options from their session. As you know we have a student/teacher confidentiality issue with showing content on IWB's. My intentions are to add registry changes shortcuts to the user profile to allow them to change output settings on the \\tsclient\ from their session. Please tell me this is possible.
-
after installing IE7 users may experience active desktop or script errors. I Believe This is caused by an incompatibility of IE7 and the desktop.htt file which controls the size and position of your desktop and the wallpaper you have on it, plus it includes a little activeX control to allow you to reshape it. This desktop.htt file is stored in users profiles and from what i have read it will need to be removed and recreated in order to fix this Active Desktop or Script Error from appearing. Windows will regenerate the file automatically. I have tried this and it still doesn't work. The only way i can sort this is either fully delete the users profile or uninstall ie7. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? From what i can gather there is a reg fix for this, but surly by deleting the profile i am missing something. I would appreciate any feedback here.
-
No mate i have just disabled that too. I think i am going to uninstall ie8. This is the shortest and simplest way.
-
Difficulty is is that i cannot do this with immediate effect. It would have to go through the log off log on process. I just cannot think why IE8 does not recognise this change. If i delete the app data its fine but this is a nightmare. I just seem to be going 1 forward 2 back. If anyone is having simular issues can you please let me know and we can try and resolve this issue.
-
Hi guys Recently i have deployed Ie 8 to my clients. This has now caused issues with Internet blocking. Ill Explain my setup. I have a group in AD called internet, if the user is a part of that group then ISA allows internet access, oppositely if they are not part of that group then you are denied access. In IE 6 this works totally fine. Now that the user is using ie8 i cannot block the internet in this way. (I can if I log the user off and delete the application data) changes will take effect next time the user logs in. I have to follow the same process for allowing internet access. Let's just say that my users are not being denied at present lol. I can only assume this is some kind of cache issue. Maybe a group policy setting that I have not set. I have imported the ADM template for ie 8 too. Any help/suggestions would be great. Also, is anyone else experiencing issues of this nature?
-
Hi all All is working well with one exception. I cannot for the life of me get the email notifications to work. The server that the MRBS is hosted on is on a different server to our smtp server. // SMTP settings // Set smtp server to connect. Default is 'localhost' (only used with "smtp" // backend). define ("SMTP_HOST", 'SMTPserver.domain.local'); // Set smtp port to connect. Default is '25' (only used with "smtp" backend). define ("SMTP_PORT", 25); // Set whether or not to use SMTP authentication. Default is 'FALSE' define ("SMTP_AUTH", FALSE); // Set the username to use for SMTP authentication. Default is "" define ("SMTP_USERNAME", 'administrator'); // Set the password to use for SMTP authentication. Default is "" define ("SMTP_PASSWORD", 'password'); /********************** * Miscellaneous settings */ // Set the language used for emails (choose an available lang.* file). // Default is 'en'. define ("MAIL_ADMIN_LANG", 'en'); // Set the email address of the From field. Default is $mrbs_admin_email define ("MAIL_FROM", '[email protected]'); I have tried testing the connection from one server to the other using telnet and all is well, therefore i assume i have something set wrong in the config file. If someone could help i would be very grateful.
-
Hi guys, I am trying to publish our shared calendar on the school intranet. Does anyone know how to do this without using the save as html method. I would like it to auto do this. We are using Exchange 2007 if that helps. Thanks Liam
-
Hi guys, i have recently had some network development and i am now hosting iis on my dc now. I am having difficulty in getting LDAP to work. I am using. $auth["session"] = "php"; // How to get and keep the user ID. One of // "http" "php" "cookie" "ip" "host" "nt" "omni" // "remote_user" $auth["type"] = "ldap"; // How to validate the user/password. One of "none" // "config" "db" "db_ext" "pop3" "imap" "ldap" "nis" // "nw" "ext". and for LDAP Settings //'auth_ldap' configuration settings // Where is the LDAP server $ldap_host = "10.0.0.11"; // If you have a non-standard LDAP port, you can define it here $ldap_port = 389; // If you do not want to use LDAP v3, change the following to false $ldap_v3 = true; // If you want to use TLS, change the following to true //$ldap_tls = false; // LDAP base distinguish name // See AUTHENTICATION for details of how check against multiple base dn's $ldap_base_dn = "ou=RB Users,dc=rbhs,dc=local"; // Attribute within the base dn that contains the username $ldap_user_attrib = "uid"; 10.0.0.11 being the DC. Please help im pulling my hair out.
-
HELP!! I know this has been raised before but the replies havnt yet solved my problem. I am trying to redirect my documents to a share on the server, currenty the students access their work folder through a mapped network drive. Im trying to redirect to the students work folder I have tried: \\servername\work$\%username% \\servername\f$\work folders\%username% I have tried the mapped network drive. I keep getting an error saying permissions on the computer restrict access. I have checked the event viewer getting the message that it has failed to redirect with an invalid path. I have ensured that all permissions are correct on the users home folder and also the share. I have unchecked the grant user permissions box in group policy. Anyone had a simular error, is there something obviously wrong. The redirections work fine using the same UNC paths. Any support would be great.
-
Sorry guys i know this topic has been covered already but i am having trouble at the minute. My aim is to change the resolution at log on and then back to normal at logoff. Now i understand that i can do this in Group policy by assigning scripts to that particular user/group. When i try and run it i get 'the system cannot find the file specified' I am putting qres in netlogon then created a script to run that with the resolution i require and then the same at log off. I not overly confident with scripting, can someone point me in the right direction. Would it be \\servername\netlogon Qres.exe (followed by preferred resolution) Any help would be great. Dummies guide if possible.
-
I have had this problem for a while but finally i have cracked it. It was a matter of playing with the graphics driver settings, particulary hardware acceleration. This can be found if you go properties on the desktop, settings, advanced and troubleshoot. By default hardware acceleration is set to maximum. If you reduce the slide bar until the video will project on both the laptop and screen it will work for you. You would think that if the graphics driver was working at its best that it could handle what you ask, it seems not. Since doing this i have had no problems. If anyone is aware of any reason why doing this can affect performance then let me know.
-
It seems that this was a service pack issue.Our Network Manager Installed the latest versions and what would you know. Thanks anyway.
-
Having great difficult finding anything. The search not displaying any results
-
When our pupils try to insert a picture using clipart word freezes for a period of time, after a long wait it will start working again and they would be able to use it as normal. What is causing this problem? Has anyone experienced this problem before?
-
Yes from my understanding the e-book is the electronic book saved to the e reader. I could be wrong. E reader may just be a program for a desktop that allows you to read an e book. I have been instructed to collect some prices but i am having no success at current. Do i make some sense now? Thanks Liam
-
I am having great difficulty in purchasing an E-Reader in the uk. Does anyone know where, if anywhere i can purchase one? I have researched them and apparently they are only available in the US, is this correct? All replies welcome.
-
Permissions get in the way of them doing this.
-
Thanks.... Scripting is not my strongest point. Where do i start with this. Would this enable users to use their laptops at home for interent use this way then?
-
At present we use an internet proxy in school in order to grant interenet permission, therefore internet access at home is out of the question. I have read about this autoconfiguration scripting, but to be totally honest its totally over my head. I would be interested to know who/if anyone is using this at the moment. I want to be able to take full advantage of the auto proxy capabilities, it would make life so much easier. If this is possible how do you set it? Is this a group policy setting? Thanks All opinions welcome and any help would be greatly appreciated.
-
Virtue Technologies are excellent. Give them a try. http://www.virtuetechnologies.co.uk/index2.htm We use them they are very efficient, cheap and reliable. Liam
-
Disable the autocorrect options in group policy
Liam replied to Liam's topic in How do you do....it?
I have done this already. In the Office ADM there is an option to disable it for access, plublisher and access but not Word. There is no option to do this in the word.adm either. Am i missing something here? I have disabled all teh functions within the auto correct options but it is is as simple as going into it and enabling them again. It is important that i get this done as this is for exam purposes.
