-
Posts
922 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Liam
-
I had this and was released a patch via solus. Worked a treat
-
I can confirm this I have it working on the machines in my office.. Not sure about some features like request assistance on login screen etc not that far into testing
-
No unfortunately secures own the libraries so there is no chance of that.. In all fairness a lot of them are false positives anyway.. I'm going to have a day just writing naughty words.. Keep the keep motivated n all that ...
-
Could you export them and share them?? Do you use the email alerting etc? Iv got all that working well just need this library now of naughty words
-
I have recently purchased impero and i am comparing some of its features with those of securus. If Impero can do what securus can with me just doing a bit of initial leg work then im happy to do so and try reduce some annual costs I am looking for a list of words phrases that people have already have that i can import into impero. Any format will be fine. Thanks as always.
-
I like it I use Kyocera throughout.. Looks awesome just what I need..
-
Getting RDWeb to send over 443 instead of 3389....
Liam replied to danielrostron's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
I'm sure it depends on the version of rdp too from xp machines -
Run group policy results for that user against the machine in question.. It will tell you why. Is the same user affected on multiple machines? Is there any pattern to it? Permissions set on the desktop folder? How are the machines accessing the share? Is it done using namespace or unc? I'm happy to send some screen shots if you like
-
I just need to add the route!!! Silly me
-
I can't seem to get my clients vlans to obtain an ip from dhcp. I have configured dhcp with a new scope and created a new interface with the same mask but it just won't get an address.
-
That's the core I have.. Could I see you documentation for this please. So I'm assuming you have dhcp scopes for each? Do any of you use wds? Does the ip helper work in the same way, Thanks
-
Yes we only use ng. Does everything I need it to.. Unless you are using follow me printing you are ok.. It's not overly expensive.. Can't remember the exact figure.. There are others players but from experience and good old testing I love paper cut. Iv set it up to auto email heads of department with their spending etc. it's really educated staff to be more thoughtful too knowing big bro is watching. We have a managed print solution with a compared called arena, they have experts in paper cut and also they are a reseller of Kyocera kit. Worth giving them a call
-
You would need to use software like paper cut or a print management alternative. You would also need to add the printer via a share name. Paper cut allows you to restrict copies based on rules set. It also gives you the options to easily generate reports.. You would have your culprit in seconds.. On the downside it's not free..
-
Been asked by a member of staff what the above could mean. Any ideas? How could this be integrated into a lesson?
-
That's great thanks. How many clients have you got? What mask you using? What core switch have you got installed?
-
Hi all.. I am thinking about changing my current vlan setup. As the network grows I round like to further reduce broadcast traffic and any unnecessary security issues. I just wanted to know how you guys did it as every school I speak to do it differently. I know this has been covered but it was some time ago. For eg do you have them for printers, phones wireless etc. Or do you do them by departments or blocks. What scopes have you got configured?
-
Ahh group policy preferences strikes again.. I have spent months and months on this.. Needless to say I give up and have gone back to vb script. You need to restart the print spooler to get rod of the error. Failing that stopping the spoiler, deleting all drivers from printui and also references in reg. Once this is done you can can add the printer. Have you deleted or altered the print processor in reg too? If you need further help I have all documentation for this in my desk. Ill send it to you
-
Good old excel . Might give Visio a whirl actually been playing with it lately
-
Hi all. I really want to rethink the way i have the documentation for patch panels and switch configs. Does anyone knows of any good software, or have any templates or suggestions? thanks
-
Sorted this.. Typo on my behalf
-
Have you seen the reg key disablerootautoupdate? Google it.. It speeds up rdp connections considerably Well initiating connection that is from a win 7 host. I have the reg file if you want it
-
Is there a way to automate the creation of partitions and then continue with the image without me having to click next. It seems to be doing the formatting of the drive but it stops until i click next. I want the install to be fully automated. I have done everything else but i am getting stuck at the partition step after selecting my image. Any help would be appreciated.
-
Never mind!! sorted it.. i was being simple!
-
I want to be able to let staff edit a excel workbook simultaneously I used mandatory profiles for my staff so of course when you go to share it it doesn't recognise all users are individual users. Anyone experience this or got around it?
