Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Liam

Members
  • Posts

    922
  • Joined

Everything posted by Liam

  1. I am interested in finding out which staff/ students have taken advantage of their free office downloads.. And on what devices. Is there a way to do this.? I believe you can do some. Custom reporting. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  2. Is that part of the ANME? I think i am already booked on that.
  3. I am looking on your views on School ICT Services - MIS and SIMS Support for Schools. I am looking at them for our MIS Support. Any help would be appreciated.
  4. Group policy setting in computer, admit tools, system, logon.its something like always want for network on computer startup. Check that
  5. We use os ticket. Very good. We have customised it to make it very corporate. I have added our site staff onto it too. Works very well for us and thrm. Staff can login via ldap etc.
  6. Profilelist in the registry. Therr will be an entry for the profile name as dave said.
  7. i take it back.. It doesnt work as i said.
  8. Just works for me everytime.
  9. Your not using man profiles? Do you have any settings configured in group policy, computer, admit templates, system, user profiles. Like clear cached profiles. Any startup scripts doing anything. Have you run group policy results for that user on a pc. This will tell you what going on. I suspect it's gp doing something with profiles.
  10. Liam

    Profiles for staff

    I think I'll turn off redirection.. Face the headache thag Cones with thag and prevent some folders from roaming with a gpo. Thanks again
  11. Liam

    Profiles for staff

    Thanks pal. I'll look into it.
  12. Liam

    Profiles for staff

    Wheb we redirected app data it removed the send to folder from app data. No ideas why. Any suggestions
  13. Liam

    Profiles for staff

    Do you mean the ost. By default that doesn't sync with the profile because of size I thought. I read it's best to keep it local as ms best practice. At present I redirect app data.. Is that right or wrong. There in mo right or wrong answer I don't think. I just want to know what works best. I thkught about enabling the debate local cached copies after x days. Thst way the persistent logins will never be deleted. Until hols of course. Thanks Marshall. Is this what you do? I seen the option to redirect pst abd ost but I didn't want to redirect to a network location.
  14. Just curious as to what you all do for staff profiles this days.. I know there are many threads but I'm sure you will all help as always. I have used mandatory profiles for both staff and students without issues for some time.. But the time has come to move to office 365. Let's forget using owa which I initially planned.. Staff hate it...Although I quite like it myself, we all know staff hate change. My main concern is around thksr staff with larger mailboxes. Do you use ost. Do you save it locally. Redirect it and clear profiles? Or disable cached mode? Ideally, I would like a local copy to speed things up and to obviously reduce bandwidth. Machine storage could be an issue, something I would hate to run into.. Especially on those more communal machines. What do you all do around the outlook and profiles.. I'm guessing your not as forgiving as me... And you just say... Use owa.. Lol.. Any help could be appreciated. Liam
  15. There is a password policy set that is being triggered by users trying to guess passwords. We had a student trying to guess a member of staff account password and it looked it out.
  16. I'm aware this won't be easy, and i will have to make some sacrifices. Hard work doesn't bother me, just hope the Mrs feels the same ha
  17. Ultimately It is about the extra dollar, but the Idea behind it is that I want to expand and be the person who employs rather than employed. Jobs are few and far between these days.. It's not through lack of trying I assure you. I agree that I risk doing too much, but we have to start like that don't we?
  18. Any fine grained password policies enforced in ad?
  19. Wow, thanks for all your help. I just don't know where to start. Do I approach local small business and ask them if I can help with anything, or start small and run a pc repair workshop to build a custom Base. I'm just cautious of time. I already put the hours in now, but as you all know education doesn't pay that well generally. Thanks
  20. The branding, website stuff. Should be a doddle. It's not what it's who, as they say.. This is a very useful. I can only give it a try. This all came about from being in pc world on the weekend, and seeing their stupid prices and thought what if..... What did you charge zero?
  21. I think working in education prepares you for anything. Did you have disclaimers for them to sign
  22. I work full time now, but who knows what might happen. I guess it's easy to get greedy. I appreciate your help though.
  23. Did you do this additional to a job, or instead of.
  24. So I'm thinking of starting to offer some ict services to homes/ small businesses in my local area. This will be additional to my full time job initially. Let's not run before I can walk and all that. Services to include: Pc repair Virus removal Network setup both lan and wlan Cabling Seo Web design I am aware of the basics like tax, public liability insurance etc but I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice. Initially, I'm happy to work from my home and drive to people's homes etc so I dont need premisis advice. Where do I start? What's the best way to advertise myself? Thanks all
×
×
  • Create New...