Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Liam

Members
  • Posts

    922
  • Joined

Everything posted by Liam

  1. Have you configured using teredo or ip-https?
  2. Is it not something to do with Wmi, in the last I have had to add it too Mmc and add permissions accordingly.. Not permissions for the published apps?
  3. I have it working.. But I think it was becuase I had roaming profiles setup.. Changed that now to local. Works better but still sluggish. I also can't ping my domain but I can ping servers and group policy runs as expected. I have noticed it's really slow? Should I have tunnelling ticked or not? Also should I add anything to application servers? I'm on virgin media so I know it's not IsP. I just need to speed things up now and it's good to go Any advice ?
  4. Just wondering how many people are using DA now. What have you found to be an issue, if any. Any hints and tips? I have it operational for a handful of slt now. But... I have a user who doesn't have a.v5 profile already created and they get an error logging in saying they have a temporary profile. My only explanation to this is that that user hasn't logged in internally and created their profile? Should it really matter? I'm stumped. Everyone else works fine but they have logged in internally first before they left my office. Thanks
  5. https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/documentation/articles/active-directory-passwords-getting-started/#enable-users-to-reset-or-change-their-ad-passwords If so how do you find it? Nothing worse that a password that expires in holiday times. Then I have to work during my holiday! Thanks
  6. I have one. By default prints everything in grey scale , and duplex, and you have to tell it otherwise. Works very well. Give you a cost etc etc
  7. I am looking at this too.. no joy so far though..
  8. Anyone?
  9. Could I have a look too please mate? Thanks Liam
  10. I am in the process of doing some testing with a Win 10 Pro Tablet. Im just wondering is anyone is preapred to shared their experiences / GPO's / Settings to far. I assume you are using loopback etc etc Thanks Liam
  11. So, I'm sure in not alone in thinking that sometimes ICT staff aren't given all of the credit / appreciation they deserve. A lot of the work we all do is crucial to the everyday running of school networks to ensure smooth running but actually the majority of if goes unnoticed. I mean you spend a full summer rebuilding a network with refreshed computers throughout and a new wireless infrastructure and yet you are still asked.. 'Oh did you have a nice summer' !! Oh cheers! Lol. So my question is... What have you done that has really positively impacted on the teaching and learning. It's all well and good me getting software to manage user accounts directly from sims but actually, although my life is easier it's not really helped with T&L except less time is spent being reactive now. As an example, i introduced the ability for staff to change student passwords many moons ago or remote working (the devil that it is)and that was the best thing since sliced bread. I'm looking for something to really put us on the map. I hope this makes sense. I'm not really looking to spend money , but I'm sure someone out there is doing something that actually makes a big difference. Hopefully we can all benefit from sharing a bit of good practice! [emoji3]
  12. Did it via the registry. Simple enough really
  13. Liam

    Golf

    I have had a look at the VLogs, and ironically i was played at a course in Manchester last month and they did a Vlog on the on that course! I got to admit, i love the fact that the hubby plays golf and you play the ps4.. why cant all women take that approach!
  14. Liam

    Golf

    I play. Become a member of a course last year and play most weekends sat and sun. (The Mrs doesn't agree) my membership is 48 per month so it works out at 6 pound per round. Bargain really! Had some lessons, it made me worse for a period of time but now I'm playing reasonably decent golf shooting 90's the majority of time. Hope to get my handicap when it starts to get better weather and I have booked ten more lessons.. Can't beat a good game of golf, although if you asked me that when I was on the ninth soaking wet last Saturday it would have been a different answer. I'll check out the channel! Thanks
  15. Hi I have been asked to record the school performance, not only to distribute to our students but to send to the exam board too. I am looking at the possibility of getting a company in to do it for us, but i wouldnt know where to start. The alternative to this would be to by a dencent camera and DIY it. has anyone any recommendations?
  16. NO ADMX file for it?
  17. bump.. anyone manage this?
  18. Its pretty obvious we like salamander.. But as every organisations needs are different i wonder.... what are you using it for..can we share some good practice / ideas E.g a cool feature that we now use is the ability for our staff to email the teachersofjoebloggs / of email class groups that are all pulled from our MIS...this is a massive time saver. Thanks
  19. I'm looking at potentially rolling out a class set of tablets per dept. A class set of surfaces would be lovely, but realistically it's not going to happen as they are far too expensive. Any recommendations including charging / storing facilities?
  20. I'm on an academy now. Pension is excellent, salary competitive, love the people just think I need a change after 10 years. I have an interview for a company early next week, it's much closer to home with a slight better salary but I'm not sure it will bring the same opportunities. What does being an IT manager in the big wide world actually involve. No kids testing my system that's for sure.. I'm not counting my chickens as I haven't been offered the position but I'm not entirely sure I am creating a good perception of myself. I don't want to hinder any opportunities where I am now now that i have shown intent to leave. Oh it's never easy. I'm contemplating retracting my interest
  21. Anyone moved from working in a school environment into the private sector? I have a potential opportunity to do so but I'm trying to weigh up the pros and cons. My biggest concern is job security but sometimes we have to take a risk I think. I'm really in two minds. Thanks Liam
  22. I have already added a new upn suffix for 365 purposes. I just need to reflect this throughout the organisation.
  23. Hi all, So we have recently become and academy and i have changed all domain public facing. I now need to reflect this internally as we are still oldschoolname.local Is it best practice to use our external domain or a subdomain of that? I have read mixed opinions on this and havent had a clear enough answer in the past. Thanks Liam
  24. We do it as part of our in house built portal. We also display targets etc too. Works well using command reporter etc
  25. It's a no brainier. I literally never need to worry about user creation. Unless they aren't on sims in which case I asked salamander to create me a quick csv that follows the same process. For its cost, it's a real time saver. We have just bought into the sims features too to create sims accounts.. I feel the pain of not having it !
×
×
  • Create New...