Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Liam

Members
  • Posts

    922
  • Joined

Everything posted by Liam

  1. Liam

    Home broadband

    Well I got a similar employee benefit for my sky tv. That's considerably cheap for the package currently. I might try sky then. See that they have to offer in addition to my tv I'm getting about 4Mbps down and 1.2 up now! Been like this for about a week on this occasion. Periodic sudden drops. Two days last week without it. Wouldn't mind if they offered some compensation! Instead they increase my pricing!
  2. Works well honestly. Some would argue it's lazy... But hell with it! Who cares! Saves me a job!
  3. Haha yea.. So I issues all my users a welcome to the network sheet with their username and password etc. Explains about password complexity and their entitlement to office via office 365. This is sent to my helpdesk so I know we have a new user. We then print it and store it in a secure place until the collects collects . Works well. Applies to both staff and students. Also get a similar notification when someone leaves and we are not aware! Nothing more frustrating than not know someone left and still have their pic on the website etc etc . Sorry salamander! Might have created more work haha
  4. It's awesome.. It seems so long ago that I actually had to do something manually!! Love it when someone comes to my office now and they ask if little Jonny and his new maths teacher can have a login!! Oh look what i made earlier.. Emailed directly to our support desk with our welcome letter! Genius! Makes us look pretty slick anyway and I would not live without it now! It's like having another member of staff.. That never makes mistakes, always on time and most importantly well worth the Benjamin's!
  5. Had the two services integrated last week but when parents are processing payment online it's not showing against the student in impact. I'm sure there is meant to be a service that calls it or something but despite my best efforts to get support from cunninghams we had pupils today who had no money on their account all day! Schoolcomms confirmed everything is ok on their end. Any suggestions? Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this.
  6. Liam

    Home broadband

    How much do you per per month then please?
  7. Liam

    Home broadband

    It's a nightmare.. It used to be brill but it's garbage now. I tried the pone call to them and they don't want to budge on pricing
  8. Liam

    Home broadband

    And bt sport too.. I'll give them a ring today and see what's available on my area. I'm literally getting about 4meg
  9. So with yet another £ 3 increase to my virgin media broadband bill and the extremely poor speeds I'm getting of late I have decided to consider my options. Any ideas? Thanks Liam
  10. Certificate issues. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754198(v=ws.10).aspx
  11. Sorted [emoji106]
  12. Our clients have just started to fail connect to our Radius Server via Meru. On the event log on Meru it says bad username or password but the secret key definatley matches. Checked all conditions etc are correct. I am convicned this is following some recent MS updates. Anyone else had this or know of a resolution? Interestingly i can connection to our BYOD SSID using the same Radius Server so i assume its something to do with the AUth Method used for me network policy (EAP-MSCHAP/V2) Thanks
  13. I always wonder what other shools are doing to help administration tasks.. I mean we all do the account creation and monitoring etc.. But how else do you use their fantastic software?
  14. We use card five
  15. Well we explored that avenue but it was still more expensive than now. 2.75 a pop we got them at.
  16. So we have just managed to save a small fortune on brother printer labels for visitor management. Managed to source a company that sell just the labels without the plastic attachment and utilise the attachment from an original label (the one supplied with a little persuasion when pulling apart) . Ok they are compatibles but work just the same and we are now saving about 17 quid each. No brainer! If you want more info I'll check with our finance dept.
  17. Awesome..well it saves me about 500 a till. Have to sacrifice the remote balance arm thing (can't thing of the terminology)
  18. which cashless system do you use please?
  19. ok.. ill give them a ring. Did you join them to the network?
  20. ah thanks, how much do you know?
  21. Im looking at replacing our current solution with our cashless vendor and using my own hardware. Any suggestions on robust devices that i could look at ? Thanks Liam
  22. its sorted now. Had to manually do them all
  23. Why not group policy. Your best best is yo search for this on Google eg disable store win 10 registry
  24. we never experienced it to be honest.
  25. That didn't work. It says it should be in the c drive but the files in there are old! It's weird.
×
×
  • Create New...