-
Posts
922 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Liam
-
There are loads of helpdesk threads. Granted not all related to site staff but same principles apply. We have osticket at our place. Works a treat.
-
You can use transport rules in exchange. You can then use ad attributes to put in your details. Eg job title and phone numbers. There are some limitations to this. It doesn't apply properly to forward and replies as it puts its at the end of the conversation rather than the end of your most recent message. I used a produce called exclaimer when I used exchange. I still do actually- just their cloud version
-
It's called one drive on demand
-
With limited time to reply at present I'll reply to the one drive bit. There is a new version this year that will change the way we use onedrive . It's a syncless client I believe.
-
Cheers @jthornton1605. We had this initially at my secondary site - but i have resolved that now. Its just this one site. I fear its their firewall but ill have to do some more troubleshooting. Thanks again.
-
Server 2008 to Server 2016 - Upgrade or New Install?
Liam replied to Davida1992's topic in Windows Server 2016
Dhcp and dns won't matter too much if the address is changed anyway. But to answer your question, as long as there are no conflicts of ip then it's no issue. -
Server 2008 to Server 2016 - Upgrade or New Install?
Liam replied to Davida1992's topic in Windows Server 2016
Always best to do a clean install when possible. In place upgrades can be problematic. I have done them in the past though. You would need to install the ADDS role and following the configuration steps to promote to a domain controlled. The days of dcpromo are gone now. It's easy enough and you seem to have in planned out. Don't forget dhcp too. -
I have deployed a remote app farm for our users here and allow another school in our trust to connect to it. Im am using server 2012, with two session hosts. It works perfectly fine everywhere but at their site they are having a right mare. Initial connection takes about 5 minutes, then they are frequesntly disconnected and sometimes they struggle to connect at all. Im struggling to determine the root cause but i am sure that the problem is limited to their site. They are behing their own ISP / firewall so i am unable to view any logs or anything. Any suggestions? I suspect its bandwidth .
-
So \\servername\myshare$
-
Yes you do
-
In there an explantion to this behaviour? When i run a report that i created using a merged document template in word, that it runs both the report as you would expect and the mail merge template at the same time? Its just a bit of a PITA. I cannot see a way to prevent this - though i probably havent looked hard enough. Thanks for any help Liam
-
I just banned them.. and all portable devices are encrypted with bit locker as part of intune. I sold it to staff that USB provides too many limitations in terms of access anywhere on any device.. welcome to office 365. Staff know not to safe sensitive data as I regularly remind them. We also provide staff with remote access via rdp. Looking at some dual auth now too
-
I have a script for this.. pm me and I'll send itnyou
-
Mine are 27 secs start and subsequent around 5 now. With a new profile..
-
We run it and I'm an invigilator . I'm the trust ict manager but I'm Only used in extreme circumstances.. I don't mind doing it.. it's not often I get chance to meet kids these days so it's nice to put face to names etc..
-
20 seconds here first login and about 5 subsequent logins. I'm not happy with that initial time but I don't think there is anything I can do now to make it faster.
-
Very helpful thanks.. I think I have considered most of your points as part of my planning . There are so many different ways to achieve this I know, and I will cover each of them as part of the project. Great help though thanks
-
Are you referring to the possibility of having multiple (completely seperate) domains sync'ing with one azure ad platform. I was under the assumption that you can only have one azure ad connect instance for azure ad. Referring to this.. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/connect/active-directory-aadconnect-topologies
-
Ah my staff do all there things via email like authorising orders etc. It's a pain . I'll have to look into it as part of bigger project
-
How did you manage the email side of things? The experience is poor for those not on the same site as the server
-
Are you connected via wan @localzuk
-
We provide a remote app. Works well until you use services like emailer and the links don't work.. we aren't connected you see.. if you are it's easy.
-
Ok, so my idea.. As part of a MAT we are looking at becoming joining systems / services together. Im looking at the possiblity of... Creating a DC VM in Azure to sync the sites together (once i have them both in a position to do this)- this will also run azure ad connect to sync with Azure for O365 purposes. Creating a link to each site using azure networking technologies e.g express route or a VPN gateway Creating an ADFS server VM in Azure / using Azure AD connect SSO technology A) Would thid work? B) Has anyone done anything like this? C) If you have done it what have are the costs? D) Do i have other alternatives - with the exception of site to site VPN or PWAN
-
its 10.. any ideas how i can resolve.?
