-
Posts
922 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Liam
-
Sorted. There was an ssl issue during install. Changed some configuration files and all is well.
-
Hi all, Trying to resolve an issue with SQL reporting but given my total lack of understanding with sql im at loss now. I am getting 'HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found'. Any help would be massive as i cant continue with the next part of the install until this works. Thanks
-
How is he connecting wireless devices to your network ? He would have to change gateways etc presumably for internet access. It sounds like there are issues with the network security if I'm honest. Ultimately the book stops with you. I get my staff to sign a copy of the aup and I also present it via imperial as others do. I'd be worried though if he was running scripts etc. That should be locked down completely.
-
the problem with that though is that i will have loads of single shared accounts. One for each subject actually. So how do i define them?
-
Seems this is an absent feature in 365. It was in on premis. We use salamander and do It that way. Works well
-
Email address policy?
-
Yes I do it already with them
-
hm that would work.. If i can dynamically do it.. Ill have a look now. Thanks for that
-
I have changed the way we charge users now. Historically it was done on personal account but this caused issues with reporting so i would i moved to a shared account setup. Some staff appear in more than one account as i have populated them based on their teaching commitments. If they teach a bit of ICT and Tech then they appear in both account lists. Ideally i would like this to happen. A member of staff prints and she only appears in one account. I dont want the account popup to appear, as there is only one i would like this to be the default group and just continue. A member of staff prints and she appears in two accounts. I would like to popup to appear to allow them to select their chosen account (i can do this now, i know that) using the print account selection options. Any ideas?
-
thats how i do it now for groups but with accounts do you select 'charge shared account' or 'Charge personal account (and allocate to shared account for reporting)' I guess this then shows them what they are spending on their client popup. Thanks
-
ok, thats the way i thought i needed to go. My only other question is. How does this display from a balance point of view? Can i display the balance of an account for the month rather than a user?
-
Ok, so I have recently reviewed our groups in active directory and populated them based on staff timetable commitments. Works well for email purposes. Today i received my monthly printing reports to find that i completely overlooked the printing recharging aspect. I schedule reports based on group printing and each group is made up of the members of that department. Staff just print and it is charged to their personal account. Historically this worked as we assumed each member of staff had a 'primary' subject but some staff teach 3 different subjects now. So today a member of staff appeared on two reports. Now I'm pretty confident that the printing costs will be for her primary department but there is certainly an argument to be had here if I'm not careful. What I'm thinking of that I present staff with a pop up listing shared accounts and they select the relevant one. This assumes that the staff are totally honest. Let's face it this isn't a bullet proof solution but I can't think of any other way. How do others do this? Thanks in advance. Liam
-
Same here really, I just know enough to get me by. My techie knows considerably more. Ours is built internally through a mixture of languages . I couldn't comment on whether it would work on sharepoint . I'm happy for you to have a chat with my techie though. He's the best person to speak with
-
Drop me a pm and I'll forward it to my techie for you
-
Command reporter directly into sql then php to pull it out and display accordingly. Works well enough, although im the the guy who designed it. My techie would be able to assist further if you wanted.
-
Have you used command reporter? How are you displaying them?
-
Yes we use attributes from sims and put them into active directory. Once they are matched the staff member gets their timetable on the homepage. We use admission number for pupils
-
commandreporter. works a treat
-
Cunninghams.. Don't pay for the new notes!
Liam replied to abillybob's topic in Educational Software
Ours are four years old and we paid for new! They were exactly the same model. I'm convinced it was just recoded readers! -
You can do it directly from the console when they are logged in. If there is a need for a further investigation then generally it's us in ICT
-
I'm just playing with Windows 10 LTSB (again) and have the start screen exported and applying via GP- well sort of!. Just wondered what people are actually doing with it. I can't get This PC to pin once exported. What do you pin to the start screen? Do you use it in the latest release at all? Also, is there a way to get rid of the logon animation? It's much better with LTSB but still a PITA. Thanks
-
They told me September too. And then October and then December. I'll just check Monday as I really need to move to 2016 for 365 purposes.
- 19 replies
-
- compatibility
- ecdl
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Why do Cashless Catering companies charge so much?
Liam replied to Shadow_Walker's topic in Hardware
I just ultimately said... we cannot afford your system and im sourcing my own. Still have to pay their install fees but it was a drop in the ocean! - - - Updated - - - Yes still impact -
Sounds like DNS to me. Which version of rd web?
