Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Liam

Members
  • Posts

    922
  • Joined

Everything posted by Liam

  1. I have looked at this in the past and im sure it has to be client side. You can forward emails no problem, but not as granular as you wish i dont think
  2. Sorry if this is the wrong forum. I'm just wondering what you all use for community lettings software, in anything. We use booking pro currently but it's that time of year when renewal is due so it would be good practise to research alternatives. Thanks all
  3. Ha ha, so I'm not alone. I was chatting to another IT manager last week, that school still use sims for similar purposes so I guess that's a blessing. Not using sims I mean. Them attachments add up. Wouldn't mind if exchange has some kind of deduplication method. Not sure of o365 does this actually. I just see pound signs everytime an email is sent. Knowing that it's hit 135 mailboxes sickens me. Lol
  4. Glad I'm not the only one. We even have groups for teachers of.....pulled from sims. They are so frustrating. Lazy some would say. I would say I get an easy 30 per day.
  5. I have just faded out our session server environment. We just found it didn't work. The demands become too high and they just couldn't handle it. E. G sound and media. I am just testing the app publishing via 2012 now. Removed the desktop experience all together really. I can see it getting some resistance if I ran with it. It's just change... And who likes change.. Lol. I know some schools have made thin clients work, but have invested massivly in implementing a citrix environment. That's just our opinion. Makes interesting discussion though.
  6. What are your views. How do others manage the never ending amount of all staff email? I wouldn't mind if I hadn't created groups for everything! We are creating a notice on our intranet page for most I hope, but they really frustrate me.
  7. So how do you sync the martial. Is it done directly to users area or do you specify a location?
  8. Ah. Food for thought. I played with that before. The cloud solution stuff
  9. One drive?
  10. Just read my last post back... shocking.. damn phone. What i meant to say was, i cannot get logged in in less than 40 seconds. MY windows 7 pcs log in within 6 seconds so i cannot afford to be waiting almost 7 times as long. Surely someone has resolved this somewhere. I think it is defo metro related.
  11. This sign help sorry. Still can't get logged in within 40 seconds. U have windows 7 logging and the kids still describe my network crap lol
  12. Same here, the job runs at various intervals. If you was concerned about cover changed you could tell it to run every ten mins if you wanted. There is very little going on in terms of resources. We have saved on printing by setting up exchange active sync on cover sup devices. In a nutshell, it just works
  13. I use software called salamander. It's awesome. Offers far more than timetables. I'm proud to say that I have implemented this and it really is awesome. Their support is second to none too. Well worth a look. Gone are the days of manually managing users in ad.
  14. Where from and how much are these
  15. What do you have in school reception. At present we have a TV which links to our school website blog etc. Had a one lan system but it got old and become full time maintenance. What do you all have in reception. I'm thinking...... Geeky.... Awesome..... Gimmicky. Thanks
  16. Iv done that. It's taking like 45 seconds to login.
  17. Anyone ever resolve this?? I have come to the same problem. flies through login until it hits 'preparing windows'. Press ctrl alt del and its fine. Surely there is something to prevent this.
  18. Liam

    Laptops

    Thanks all, This request was on behalf of a partner cluster. I have passed on all of the information and I believe they are sorted now. I think they sorted it themselves. Thanks anyway
  19. Liam

    Laptops

    I use Lenovo pretty much throughout. Bullet proof. As you say you pay for it though.
  20. Liam

    Laptops

    Any recommendations on a decent class set of laptops. I'm thinking no less than i5 with 4 go ram and ssd. I don't want to pay anymore than 450 each. The last lot I bought were shocking. Thanks Liam
  21. I'm having issues with this too. Similar setup, but I'm using the papercut secondary print provider to publish my printers. Same vlan No matter what I do it will not sure. I'm putting it down to a wireless issue, so I'll test with another Mac tomorrow on lan. I use meru and iv enabled udp 5353 already. Don't know what else to do really My ipads are managed via apple configurator so part of me thinks it's that too. Bloody ipads. Nothing ever simple. Lol. Any help would be much appreciated.
  22. Looking to do some revision with some year 11 students tomorrow using ipads. Anyone know of any free apps for maths. Thanks Sorry if this is in the wrong place
  23. Are you using duo authentic rotation.
  24. Shouldn't need to do anything. Is her firewall /av getting in the way? Have you messed with port forwarding or disabled any ports. I'm assuming you are connecting via a TSG
  25. Yes we issue th em for ipads. For normal day to day usage though are we on to just send them the policies for them to read or make them available somewhere for all to see. What I'm saying is, is there a requirement to have staff to sign policies
×
×
  • Create New...