-
Posts
922 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Liam
-
I'm using split dns for an external name. For certificate reasons. The computer resolves it. Google doesn't.
-
Hi All, Not sure if this is the right forum. I am having issues with google chrome when accessing our internal vle server This problem only started when we re-addressed our network and made changes to dns etc. The strange thing is is that it only affects chrome, all over browsers resolve perfectly fine. I have done some light bedtime reading as we do, and found that if i reset google chrome dns cache and flush sockets via chrome://net-internals that it should resolve this but it didn't resolve it. Any ideas? Im really at a loss
-
Ironic, one of my techies is a ex student
-
Just wondering how you all actively promote staff ict training. We often offer it and staff are reluctant to attend. I fear that their priorities just don't include 'effective management of your mailbox' as an example. " What are your views? Liam
-
Office 365- how are you using it for teaching and learning
Liam replied to Liam's topic in Cloud Services
Slt are extremely supportive. We regularly have whole staff safeguarding meetings and generally this covers data protection. We are like big brother on my team, and impero plays a big part in that. To date, we have never had any issues. We also frequently send out our aup and highlight certain parts from it. -
Office 365- how are you using it for teaching and learning
Liam replied to Liam's topic in Cloud Services
Well staff sign our aup and are more than aware about sensitive data. I'm pretty strict on that and regularly remind them of their expectations . I guess we run the same risk with email etc. It's about trust I guess. -
Office 365- how are you using it for teaching and learning
Liam replied to Liam's topic in Cloud Services
I couldn't agree more. We are currently developing something within share point. It's certainly very powerful and the appstore provides an abundance of resources. Some schools have chosen to cometely do away with home folders and just use OD. A little gamble I'm. Not prepared to take. -
Office 365- how are you using it for teaching and learning
Liam replied to Liam's topic in Cloud Services
It's just a shame one drive can't be integrated at enterprise level. I think as part of the ms road map this will always be the case. Staff just hate the fact they have to log on etc. I'll win this battle. I have taken the decision to prevent all removable USB storage from the network too. Too much hassle, so hopefully this will change the way they work. I love it, everywhere I go I have all my docs, my calendar and mt mail. As well as software to download for free. I got to admit that staff have hammered the staff advantage and the ms software. -
Office 365- how are you using it for teaching and learning
Liam replied to Liam's topic in Cloud Services
Teachers hate change.. And despite my promotion of it they don't really understand the benefits. One drive is a little restricted in that you can upload folder etc so that's put a lot of people off straight away. -
Just looking for some thoughts on the above. What advantages have to found and implemented to aid t&l. We have found teacher dashboard to be good, but it would be great to know what others are doing. Tbanks
-
I just got a quote for this it's 3.84 per person. You only need to license though who you wish to do this for. Or so I'm led to believe
-
Out of curiously. Is that part of the HH trust.? Does the school allow students to email staff directly or shared mailboxes? What about policies. Did you just have parents sign a Internet / email policy?
-
Not sure if this is the correct forum, but it could have gone into many I guess. I'm provisioning students email accounts in 365, maybe five years behind admittedly but it's faced massive resistance historically. I'm just wondering what you do for transports rules, Gals, policies. Do you have much misuse or complaints from staff about it causing disruption. As always, thanks for your support.
-
Wow, I thought I did too much of the our of hours stuff but logging in first thing in a morning.. Can't you set up email alerts to tell you if there is something wrong which should free up some time in a morning
-
You do cover... Wowzers. I wiped my hands of sims apart from its maintenance and some system manager stuff.
-
Ha ha, I wish i had the luxury of a senior tech. Just me and two Web / Vle developers
-
So ma So maniac, you say waiting policies and planning strategies. Surely this can't be a daily thing. Correct me if Im Wrong.
-
Hm, very interesting. Apart from the coffee, as I don't drink it. So today, work on impero update.. Educated staff on email encryption. Work on development plan More impero stuff.. Wish they would give us the ability to select a few machines in thumbnail view. Read some emails Look at those nightmare devices known as ipads Asset management with parago Oh and do some digging into why our most recent gcse pod / classpod saga. Lovely.. Now chill with a few beers
-
Just curious, what does a day in the life of network manager involve. I'm a network manager myself, but I wondered how my day compared to others. Thanks.
-
I imagine it would kill bandwidth too. I like the idea of them being separate, and one drive can be used to work on those documents on the go and to share with colleagues and students quickly. I am trying hard to convince staff that one drive is safe. Some staff are happy to carry a life time of work on a 2tb external drive with mo backup anywhere.
-
There is no one drive limit is there. I thought it was unlimited now. Mailbox restrictions are 50 gb aren't they
-
Seen this wheb you share configuration files from a central location.
-
Ah yes.. It doesn't come cheap. But what we get out of it justifies it's price..
-
I use impero. Works well and it's flexibility is handy. The ability to turn it on and off quickly.
-
I use salamander ad. Give it a Google. Awesome pal
