-
Posts
922 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Liam
-
Just a quick one. Sorry if this has been covered already. Do any schools still give out policies to staff for things like email and internet and ask for it signed and returned. In a digital age of automation and trying to promote a greener approach to working it's a little silly to still do this. How do you do it. I'm Thinking I could use impero, then staff can electronically sign the aup, or I bet share point or something can do this It's just something I adopted from a precious NM and never really give it much thought until now. Thanks
-
Very, not just me but our admin team too. Their workload is far less and they are more organised. We have opted for the students module now too. Works well.
-
Anyone got a good FREE, add free, pdf creator. I am looking to distribute this so an MSI would be great. I am aware of the one that MS Office has but this is for other programs. Thanks Liam
-
[sims] Discover failed to connect to database during transfer
Liam replied to Liam's topic in MIS Systems
Nothing a uninstall and reinstall can't solve. I assume permissions went a little screwy. Anyway thanks for your help -
[sims] Discover failed to connect to database during transfer
Liam replied to Liam's topic in MIS Systems
All seems well. Strange one -
[sims] Discover failed to connect to database during transfer
Liam replied to Liam's topic in MIS Systems
No it wont run on the server. But it does on the clients. It says catalog failed to load. So I assume there is a dodgy file -
[sims] Discover failed to connect to database during transfer
Liam replied to Liam's topic in MIS Systems
That does make sense. I would really appreciate it as it is following an upgrade. Thanks -
Had some training today, it's just a shame that the data wasn't up to date. I can't force a manual transfer as I keep getting the above error message. The scheduled task runs but obviously a similar message is being recieved. I'm stumped. I have tried everything other than a reinstall of the discover server. Any suggestions before I go ahead and do this? Thanks
-
Could anyone shed any light on this. Sorry to drag it up but If anyone could share anything I'd be grateful. Please pm me
-
It's that time of year again when I start to think about refreshing and re imaging the desktops. I'm just wondering what people include in their base image. Thanks
-
It's easily reversed in the same way applied. But it's very rare I diagnose an issue these days. Allow Wds to do it all for me. I can have it done in 15 back on the domain in the correct ou. Good old prestaged devices
-
This is what I did to get around it. Worked a treat
-
anyone managed to get this working? Could i have some help please.
-
Im a little confused. As an extra layer of security i am trying to configure the network with prestaged/managed computers. At present i have over 100 machines already listed but there are about 350 missing. I am wondering how they got there if i didn't enter ether GUID or mac. Any help would be appreciated I would also like to achieve this for remaining clients but i am not aware of doing this without manually entering the GUID thanks
-
thought it would only be fair to share my office given i started the thread. We are quite lucky i guess.
-
Would it be possible to upload photos
-
Oh no, I agree my office is clean and tidy and that's how I like it. It's just purely coincidence that when they walk in its a full of those pcs that you have just taken out of storage to get some spare parts. Iv seen some offices that are very very untidy, and I think if only they could see this. I could do with one of those storage units though, what company is that. I would say that 95% of the time it's very tidy, and staff so say it's tidy. I think th e year just surprised as 3 men in th e or twenties are so tidy. I think the point I'm trying to make is that we can't be tidy all the time. We are a tech support team after all.
-
I would like to get an idea of how other technical support teams operate, specifically how the offices look. I'm of the opinion that as a technical support team that we shouldn't be expected to always be clean and tidy. I would appreciate it if you woukd share your office / server room photos in response to this so I can show my line manager. I couldn't work in the stereotypical IT crowd environment admittedly but I think it would be a good exercise to see how others works. I look forward to your replies
-
No mate. It's on my list of things to do. It is possible. My staff raise tickets via email to prevent them having to log in to another service.
-
I'll second os ticket. My Web guys have really made it our own. Fantastic product. Iv recently got our site management team on it too and that in itself proves a lot. It's easy and has so many mods available for each and every environment. My team love it
-
WDS 2012 errors, wondering if someone can help me
Liam replied to Jamie_Evans's topic in O/S Deployment
Are you allowing connections from unknown clients.? Or prestaged? -
Struggling with VLANs and DHCP on HP5406
Liam replied to Wirral_Wonderer's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
If you want some more assistance pm me. As the others said it is not recommended to use the default vlan anyway. -
Struggling with VLANs and DHCP on HP5406
Liam replied to Wirral_Wonderer's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
Had this. You can't communicate with the default vlan from other vlans. To test this I created another dhcp server on vlan 2 for example then I added multiple vlans with a dhcp helper and hey presto. I'm going through the same thing now. Just to look me a while to get there. -
I'll ring you tomorrow Jon. Thanks
-
Hi guys. I am having massive issues with a set of laptops in my science department. The laptops have an Intel centrino 2230 nic. Meru have recently installed their latest controller firmware with no success. Things I have tried. Disable bluetooth Turn on/ off band steering. Disable ipv6 Change power management plan to maximum performance. Lower roaming aggressiveness Change band to auto Someone else must have had similar issues. I'm confident its the nic, other laptops with different wireless vendors work fine. Any help would be appreciated. I just want to throw these laptops in the skip.
