-
Posts
767 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by PeterW
-
It depends which one you are looking at there are three main types of all in one system Desktop based; uses custom chassis but is standards based uses matx mainboard 3.5" hdd sfx psu etc, easier to upgrade and add, SCL units have all slots available as low profile. (SCL RM Viglen) Mobile based; Notebook on a stick uses mobile cpus memory typically no expansion slots or mini pci express such as Celvo units (novatech/ergo) normally smallest footprint, worst value for money USSF to back of monitor or monitor stand; custom chassi psu mainboard, very small can use desktop components. (Dell/HP) There are a lot of options out there.
-
Out of interest do you have any info on those? Image or specs would be handy.
-
They are fairly comparable chips, if the operton is considerably cheaper go for that.
-
Which opteron and which xeon were you comparing?
-
You can also use oem XP Pro media and installation key from another machine and phone activate, although if you have a vol;ume licence you would be better off using VL media and a key.
-
I have some Kalms pills on my desk at home next to my computer for just such a situation
-
Its part of the vPro feature set, Business PCs: Manageability, Flexibility, and Peace of Mind Built In I would be quite interested to know if anybody is currently using this and which systems managment software they are running.
-
Have you flashed it to the latest BIOS?
-
Tell me about it, ours is going from £180 to £210 I think, I'm not sure if that is good or bad to be honest.
-
Those are never getting old, lol
-
Yes as already said don't buy new, I should know we got our family wagon new and the depreciation has been massive (last time I let the missus make decisions on anything worth over £10!). 2 or 3 year old motor should be fine I'm sure you could get somehting like a focus, not sure about interest free finance (unless your gonna put it on a cc and transfer the balance every year), maybe you should look at getting a loan I think it would be about 6-7%.
-
Child printing naughty pictures at Kent Primary School
PeterW replied to elsiegee40's topic in IT News
Thats a joke right? "Hey mum look what I managed to print off at school" thats never happened in a million years, unless 10 year old kids really openly discuss such material with thier parents these days, now I'm not that old and it certainly wouldn't have happened when I was at school. -
I think he needs AGP, also do you normally have to buy the bracket as an extra with the XFX cards?
-
Ditto to the above been playing the PC demo and it really is good, I might have to get it for the kids *cough*
-
This is most likley down to the newer hardware.
-
What machines are they? Also what is the make model of the monitors?
-
Those are bridging devices with logic inside them, that adaptor posted above looks to be just that a connection adaptor.
-
Also from MSI Fudzilla - MSI Wind notebook starts the storm (there will also be a Medion badged version).
-
They were talking about a $750 price point for the dual port 10Gb PCI-E card at some point in the near future, which product that will be wasent clear (it may be an upcoming release).
-
If you don't want SLI I would go for an Intel chipset P35 or X48 would both be ample maybe even the P45 (replaces P35).
-
Intel are getting very excited they reckon soon thier 2 port 10Gb card will be close if not the same price as thier 4 port 1Gb equivilant card so in theory you are getting 20Gb for the price of 4Gb
-
What model mainboard is it? Is it an Intel socket 775? if so make sure the heatsink is fitted correctly, make sure the cli[s are not in the release position (arrows should not be pointing towards the center of the heatsink). For example if only three of the posts are locked into place it will still fell on tight but will not be sitting flush on the cpu. EDIT: What cpu is it also?
-
You need to disable AHCI in the BIOS if possible, look for option like AHCI or SATA Mode AHCI/Enhanced/IDE/Compatability Where possible disbale AHCI and switch any SATA mode options to compatible or IDE.
-
Mostly a couple of VIA chipsets seem to have problems but on the whole its fully backwards compatible. As long as the DVI is a DVI-I you can use it with an adaptor, alot of cards will come with an adaptor.
-
SFF PC - Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz, 160Gb HD, 2Gb RAM, XP Pro - Only £350 Delivered
PeterW replied to Elky's topic in Our Advertisers
Were these the orange blob style ones? http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/static/images/validation/coa_sysbldr_2_lg.gif
