-
Posts
767 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by PeterW
-
Also is it just a straight VGA output your using or is it a DVI-I with an adaptor?
-
Are you using a driver downloaded directly from Intel or are you using a manufacturer provided version? I would start by trying the latest driver available on the Intel site if you havent already Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family*Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows* XP (zip), or you could try the driver located here Intel® 82945G Express Chipset*Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows* XP
-
SCL PC Bundle - Intel E5200, 2Gb RAM, DVDRW, 17" TFT - only £269.00!
PeterW replied to Elky's topic in Our Advertisers
Please ignore the pci venting in the lid the final shipping version will not have that. -
Yes its the Clevo unit, I think Novatech are the main customer for it Computer Supplies and PC Components from Novatech its quite neat (as are a lot of notebook on a stick implementations) price/performance wise its not great due to the use of notebook & propriatary components.
-
How about manually updating the display drivers and verify hardware acceleration is on.
-
Hmmm TG Daily - Chrome is a security nightmare, indexes your bank accounts
-
Its an entry level uniprocessor server so it shouldn't be much more than any other pc, I would say between 100-250W depending on the amount of hard drives.
-
Have you tried the sammy diag tool? it may be somewhat quicker SAMSUNG Hard Disk Drive - support - utilities I have not used it myself but it may be worth looking at.
-
Providing Idesk don't make any after market customizations to the psu any flex atx psu should work, it might be worth checking ou these flex atx psu - Google Product Search
-
Hmm flex ATX like some of the shuttles use what are you paying at the moment for replacements?
-
Do you know what form factor it is, TFX perhaps? Is there a make and model number on it?
-
YouTube - TomTom with internal n95 gps (BinPDA Hack)
-
There is a proggy/hack that will do this I have had it working on mine.
-
Guitar Hero is about £50!
-
So you wont be buying the new rayman rabbids game then?
-
I have seen eu import stock but at £99+ vat I would give your friend an "IOU a Wii Fit"
-
The CPU is passive but due to the chipset being slightly old hat it needs a cooling fan, some board partners are producing boards with passive chipset cooling but it is unclear if you will need some kind of airflow over the board. I do know of a chassis which can be used with these and fixed to vesa mounting holes but the cost may be prohibative, I will check next week.
-
Its a nice little solution, stock is very tight at the moment but should free up a little next month. We are waiting for some decent low cost Mini ITX chassis to become available. If we were to sell system based on these what sort of spec would people like to see? Case + Atom board + ram with option of a small hard drive or CF card etc?
-
The problem is there is not going to be any getting away from it any time soon, even if there were say a mass defection to another os it most certainly wouldn't happen overnight. Yes I agree MS seem to want to push everybody to the new os platform but are somewhat stuck with lower power hardware and with such a good take up on netbooks they need to look at it seriously, maybe a Vista slim edition or Vista XP edition
-
Your right it can't use 4GB, all SP1 does for 32 bit is display that your system has 4GB installed (think tech support taking calls like "I bought a computer with 4GB in but its only showing 3Gb where is the rest of my ram? please explain) it will not use all of that installed ram. You really need a 64 bit OS and 64 bit apps.
-
Ahh sorry my bad use of RM terminology there. Thanks for the suggestions, we actually do kind of those things at the moment and don't normally have any problems, I'm just always looking for a backup plan incase any additional issues crop up. Cheers
-
Sorry my limited CC3 knowledge shines through, I take it from the comments the build tools/shares are never kept on the dc then? What I actually wanted to achieve was to setup a little test environment so if any of our customers have problem building any of machines onto CC3 we could be a little more proactive at our end helping them.
-
That would be a shocking failure rate for any manufacturer, it sounds like they are not completetly compatible with your systems or that you have a batch failure(unlikley).
-
Does anybody have CC3 build server vm image of some description I could *ahem* borrow? PM me if possible.
