Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

PeterW

Members
  • Posts

    767
  • Joined

Everything posted by PeterW

  1. We use a Geforce 8400GS, it has VGA & DVI-I output so you could use either a VGA screen & a DVI screen or two VGA screens. Any use?
  2. You could use something like nLite to slipstream the required mass storage drivers into your own XP CD. I'm not sure why the recovery CD would not be working, did the machine come with XP on it or did it come with Vista and the XP downgrade CD?
  3. Check if there is a BIOS option to disable AHCI or set the SATA mode to IDE.
  4. I have some here if you would like one. Does it have to have anything in particular or are you just looking for the closest match to what she has at the moment?
  5. What do you mean by Micro ATX? do you know the dimmensions of the PSU? You will probably find you are after either a SFX TFX or TFX v2 power supply.
  6. Is it on the latest firmware?
  7. Cheers Kim, I know you can get them on the bay but I was being tight (remember is mainly for the mrs:p) I'm sure there are loads of people with elite's not using them. For £25 you can get the offical MS pack with a HDMI cable.
  8. It plugs into the Xbox AV port and gives you digital audio outs Its the bit to the right of the HDMI cable http://image1.play-asia.com/170/5y/pa.107188.1.jpg
  9. The Mrs is looking to hook the Xbox up via HDMI so I'm on the look out for the Audio adaptor that plugs into the AV socket, it normally comes with the elite version of the console or with the MS branded HDMI lead. Does anybody have an Elite with this sitting in the box doing nothing? Thanks
  10. Lost, Heros, X-Files, NipTuck, Fringe, Watchdog, Rouge Traders, Californication, Ugly Betty:o In the night garden He makes the show IMO
  11. PeterW

    Rock Band

    My missus bought GH world tour now I can't get her off the bloody thing, although the blue drum bit does not work properly it will only register if you whack it really hard thats going to be an rma me thinks
  12. Quick to the internetz !!!
  13. Yes I'm in agreement I'm not sure if you will get a low prifle card with two internal ports though, those headers are good they could be used in a few different ways.
  14. It depends if he needs both ports, I suppose he could run a couple back into the case from the rear USB ports. Go on David do spill the beans what are you making
  15. I don't think any of those have a pinned header Michael.
  16. You would think there should be a BIOS setting for this surely? Something like Wireless Control [by Switch/Hot Key] [Always Enabled] [Always Disabled] I'm sure RM have this in thier ASUS based notebooks, there is no reason why the others can't so it.
  17. I have the Yamaha RX-V363, its pretty good for the price. Only complaint is it won't take audio from HDMI sources so I have seperate SPDIF cables going to it, not really the end of the world.
  18. MSI Quartz ?
  19. PeterW

    IP CCTV

    At least you may have the opportunity to say I told you so If possible try and make sure they select a decent DVR, a difference of a few hundred pounds can be the difference between a shocker and something acceptable. Things to look out for are how easy it is to backup footage, how good the network client software is. Also preferably make sure you can play back all channels at once.
  20. PeterW

    IP CCTV

    The same would happen if the DVR they installed failed or had a HDD problem (alot of them don't run any kind of RAID so if you loose a HDD you loose a chunk of video or the unit will just stop working). Alot of security firms are stuck in thier ways and will always prefer to fit a DVR or god forbid a VCR.
  21. Hmmm . . . http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/simboo_2006/PL.jpg
  22. Pretty much, Windows 7 benefits from being based on Vista and using the same drivers effectivly having almost three years to mature.
  23. Its what Vista should have been IMO.
×
×
  • Create New...