Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

PeterW

Members
  • Posts

    767
  • Joined

Everything posted by PeterW

  1. LOL thats class.
  2. PeterW

    3ware raid

    Yeah I agree with matt40k, I was assuming it was a second hand card or out of warranty.
  3. PeterW

    3ware raid

    No it wont matter, make sure you have the latest firmware on those drives especially if you are using them in a RAID array.
  4. FAO leco, I can't see it in your list did you want the additional 830 watt power supply module to give you a 1 + 1 redundant configuration or do you want just the one module that comes with the chassis by default? Also the 1TB Seagates do you know if it is the standard drives you are after or the enterprise ES drive? (It make a bit of a difference to the price). Regards
  5. Give us 5 mins leco I will get nedders to get you a price.
  6. Think thats defo a notebook drive, you must be thinking of the 10k vraptor.
  7. Is the boot image x64 or x86? You can not put x86 drivers into a x64 image and vice versa.
  8. No it should be fine, is this the first time you have set up this PC or did it have another monitor on it before? Try going to device manager and uninstall the plug and play monitor under the monitor category then either restart or hit scan for hardware changes.
  9. Here is the link for the third party Netgear firmwares, use at your own risk but people seem to be having good results I will be doing mine soon. DGTeam - The Custom DG834XX Series Router Firmware Web Site
  10. I'm pretty sure all but one of the routers they use can be flashed to standard firmware available from the manufacturer or even a third party one which is even better. That reminds me I still need to flash mine with the DGTeam firmware. I have the Sky mid package and its been fine, I live miles away from the exchange so don't get anything above 6Mb.
  11. Try going into the bios and looking for a screen which has the boot order on it, you will probably see EFI Sheel at the top of the list try using the +/- keys to move it down or move the hard drive or raid array to the top. Good luck!
  12. PeterW

    Snow!!!

    I know he kept bleeting on about how he can't see the roads and didn't want to write another car off so soon etc etc. He has it on the system they will be in production today/tomorrow
  13. PeterW

    Snow!!!

    Ok finally made it in, just 45 mins late due to a couple of accidents on the A27. I woke up to be greeted by this http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/simboo_2006/02022009675.jpg Just had a phone call and email from Mark (Nedders) I don't think hes going to make it in at all by the looks of things, http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/simboo_2006/2.jpg http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/simboo_2006/1.jpg Right I'm off to park my car in the warehouse, hopfully the screen wash jets will start working again.
  14. PeterW

    Which server

    The 7030 is Paxville MP I believe, if you have these then you should have VT. If you are going to have a poke around in the BIOS the VT option might be called vanderpool technology.
  15. PeterW

    Which server

    What CPUs out of interest? Opterons?
  16. Ohh go on detail a few for us
  17. Yes The Vista brand is damaged goods, best to market it as a new product and call it Windows 7
  18. That case is really poor and the 500w psu is purely jackanory. If he does want to skrimp on the case/psu at least get a decent psu and have a shoddy case, how about this Coolermaster RC-590 Midi Tower Case with Cmaster eXtreme 500W PSU Fitted - Scan.co.uk
  19. Ouch thats bad what make are they?
  20. They relaxed the system builder licence agreement when they released Vista, now pretty much anyh end user can be classed as a system builder you don't have to be registered as an OEM.
  21. What agreement do you currently have you may find you are covered already. Are you sure you want to deploy Vista to all those computers with W7 just around the corner?
  22. Grr can't get the missus off this at the moment, its so bad now I can here the Xbox being fired up then my 3 year old shouts out "Fable !!!"
  23. There is a newer version with a different part number that has a redesigned Icepack which has the connectors in the correct place.
  24. I don't think they really needed to adjust these so they didn't bother, the E7400 is close in performance now to the E8400 (lacks VT mind) and the entry level quads are a similar price to the E8xxx.
  25. Hmm there is a mistake on that list E7300 will not drop its going EOL the E7400 has dropped to replace it, the list is also written in a really random order lol. SCL have already adjusted our system prices to reflect last sundays price drop, anybody that currently has outstanding quotes should be contacted soon by thier account manager with an ameded quote. Unfortunatly the £ is extremely weak against th $ pushing alot of tech prices up at the moment, huge oversupply of LCD panels and DRAM are the only things that are offsetting (slightly) the poor £ at the moment. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/simboo_2006/Shocking.jpg
×
×
  • Create New...