Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

PeterW

Members
  • Posts

    767
  • Joined

Everything posted by PeterW

  1. About 18 hours per season I reckon so about 72 hours total I would guess.
  2. Yes the Lan MAC is in the VIA chipset southbridge (al la VIA Rhine II) and the PHY interface is a Realtek chip.
  3. It would be interesting to know if they are VIA Rhine II with a Realtek PHY.
  4. My Mrs won't have to work this Xmas which is a change for us. I guess we will be going to my folks let them do all the cooking and hospitality (moi a freeloader?).
  5. Label them as 8GB then glue some to the floor in the corridor hook up a camera kick back and enjoy.
  6. Thats correct, with a b2b sale you are normally bound by the sellers terms and conditions. Although I would have thought RM might have done some leg work and put a little pressure on ASUS to get it sorted.
  7. Yeah I have 1&2 on region 1, in the picture on that website those look fake. Can't seem to find them on amazon or play I guess I will have to do some more googling. I could ask her in doors where she got the others but I think that would kind of spoil the surprise.
  8. Go and buy Seasons 1 thorugh 4 on DVD
  9. Hi GAS, For the 95p optical mice we have 652 left in stock. Its a 4:3 ration 1280x1024 Hanns-G 19" TFT at the moment. Regards
  10. Ahh you be wanting contink, I'm sure he wil lbe about soon.
  11. But that doesn't make any difference though? If anything it was to Intel's advantage as it makes them cheaper to produce and made for a smoother transition to 45nm. It depends what you call future proof? Sure DDR3 will last longer than DDR2 but the boards may not accpet 32nm westmere chips when they become available end of next year.
  12. They got rid of most of their focus teams staff and consolidated it back to a single team, not sure what they are doing with education.
  13. If your after Core i7 then that spec looks good, its a very fast solution for some things. If your doing any sort of encoding then your in for a treat, the i7 920 out performs the Q9650 3Ghz on most test as well. There isent a huge performance advantage to be had in games at the moment but thats true of most quads (not including the horrible console port that is GTA IV). That doesnt really make much of a difference, if Intel wanted to make four cores on one die they could but to be honest you get a much better yeild making dual core dies and combining them. Phenom's time is coming they really need to get the 45nm chips and DDR3 right.
  14. PeterW

    HD TV

    Cool are you using the seperate audio adaptor or using the sound over the HDMI? I'm after the audio adaptor (better half had the premium console which does not come with it) could I tempt you to part with your for a few £££?
  15. PeterW

    HD TV

    All the new Xbox 360 have HDMI I believe.
  16. PeterW

    HD TV

    May I ask how you have it connected?
  17. Today we have some special offers for Edugeek members on systems & mice Sahara I System - Celeron Dual Core E1200 1GB DDR2 80GB DVD-Rom no O/S Choice of tower or small form factor case, please contact us for bespoke or qty quotes. Edugeek member price £169.00 http://www.sclonline.co.uk/uploads/stock/PC-Range.jpg The Pharaoh DB Bundle - Intel Core 2 Duo E7300, 2Gb RAM, 160Gb, 19" 4:3 TFT no O/S Again a choice of case with options including mini/midi towers and small form factor. Call now for a bespoke quotation. Edugeek member price £329.00 http://www.sclonline.co.uk/uploads/stock/Pharoah-DB.jpg B22 Beige/Grey Optical PS/2 Mouse only 95p for Edugeek members ! ! ! This is a special clearance offer with this item priced well below its manufacturing cost, limited while stocks last get your order in quick before they go. http://www.sclonline.co.uk/uploads/stock/X-Pro-B22-white-mouse.jpg B82 PS/2 & USB 5 Button Optical Mouse Available in Silver Red or Blue Edugeek member price £3.50 thats £1.50 off the normal price! http://www.sclonline.co.uk/uploads/stock/X-Pro-B82-silver-mouse.jpg X-Pro B79 (TK-4300P) Silver RF Presenter Mouse Another cracking special price that cannot be beaten £9.95 for Edugeek members, again its only whilst stocks last so get your order in quick. http://www.sclonline.co.uk/uploads/stock/X-Pro-B79-presenter-mouse.jpg Regards
  18. I hate the bloody 118 men at each end of the ad breaks. If I was restrained enough I would wait for the DVD release but tbh I don't think thats ever going to happen.
  19. Thats pretty bad
  20. I don't suppose you know a good place to get seasons 3 & 4 region 1 box sets do you? My better half bought the first two a little while back and I'm looking to get 3 & 4 for xmas
  21. Hi rocknrollstar, As an official Edugeek sponsor SCL Online would be happy to spec & quote for your PC requirements. Here are some threads from some of our Edugeek customers http://www.edugeek.net/forums/recommended-suppliers/19808-scl-online-first-class-service-delivery.html?highlight=SCL+Online http://www.edugeek.net/forums/hardware/25054-new-suite.html I will drop you a PM. Regards
  22. If you run something like CPU-Z on one of the machnes it will give you the board model and BIOS version , CPUID
  23. Do you know which mainboard you have? Those are the correct drivers, if the lan cards are plug in they will be 8168 chipset otherwise the onboard version is the 8111. Either way its the same driver and should work.
×
×
  • Create New...