Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

PeterW

Members
  • Posts

    767
  • Joined

Everything posted by PeterW

  1. From intel Processors - How Do I Know Which Processors Support Dual Processing? Might be worth checking the dell support site just incase.
  2. Yes I was being sarcastic, badley executed by the looks of it.
  3. What makes you think he/she was speeding?
  4. 320MB/640MB is the G80 512MB is the G92
  5. Some models from Old Maxtor, Samsung & Western Digital all have NCQ. I have a 3 year old 200GB Maxtor at home with NCQ.
  6. PeterW

    Seagate RMA

    All Maxtor RMAs are handled by Seagate now and goto the UK forwarding center.
  7. You wont be able to fire the boards up without any ram installed
  8. Never had any real issues with the Adaptec 3805 8 port drive hardware RAID card Adaptec - Adaptec RAID 3805 although they have recently launched a new 5805 model.
  9. Copper coins in DVDRW drives
  10. PeterW

    Seagate RMA

    You ship to a UK forwarding centre so whatever royal mail charge to send the weight of the hard drive? Depends if you send it recoreded or standard parcels.
  11. As far as I'm aware the is no expiry planned for downgrade rights.
  12. No your not wrong, spot on actually.
  13. PeterW

    4GB USB Pens

    Were they the VAIO ones? I wouldnt trust any of the Ebay sticks these days they all have modified firmware which normally work great upto about 1GB
  14. Hmm I think there is a South Park episode where everybody gets them and they create a big cloud of smug.
  15. PeterW

    Sound Problem

    Sounds like windows update, had this with the Realtek HD Audio on a work machine recently. You could try rolling back the driver.
  16. PeterW

    Sound Problem

    There are two versions of that board one has the ADI 1888 codec and the other is Realtek ALC655, are you able to look at the board and confirm it is the Realtek one you have?
  17. PeterW

    Sound Problem

    Have you got a spare HDD you can hook up and do a clean Windows install to confirm the hardware is ok?
  18. You explain you have purchased a system with Vista Business pre installed and you have installed XP Pro via your downgrade rights they will let the machine activate. From MS
  19. PeterW

    Raid

    http://www.tomshardware.com/2008/03/13/can_heterogeneous_raid_arrays_work/ Have a read of this.
  20. Some card reader chipsets have windows drivers (normally a patched usbstor.inf) giving card icons and descriptions instead of the generic removable drive.
  21. LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbbBqZyjkiE
  22. PeterW

    Compatible

    Sorry my bad that one does run Aero but doesnt carry the associated Vista Premium certification. For the price difference I would go with the Intel chipset every time.
  23. Yes the E2160 is a good CPU generally. No Pentium D was the first Intel Dual Core but it was based on 2x Pentium 4 CPUs making them hot and power hungry. They were phased ut some time ago.
  24. I thought I had but perhaps I'm thinking of a different forum. That game is one of my all time favorites, SWOS is also legendary.
  25. PeterW

    Compatible

    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/131182 Get this board instead its a bit better, Intel Chipset GB Lan will run Aero. Would then look at maybe 1GB of ram if your budget could stretch (looks like the budget is tight). Also for a couple of £ more you could have a Celeron Dual Core E1200 which is as good as any in its price range http://www.ebuyer.com/product/139975
×
×
  • Create New...