-
Posts
861 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by alonebfg
-
the new jevents can link to ical IE google calander need to have a play i think see if better than Jcal
-
I will have a look at it and get back to you. you will need to give me a day or so as I have got the wrong version on at the momnet working with 1.5
-
well i have it all set up at the moment and for KS 1+2 I think it will be really good I dont think We will have a problem with it but I do agree with russ some KS3+4 stuff it is a bit basic at the moment but I know they are looking at live linking And what a bonus I have found out for schools it is free ??
-
I have been having a play and I am impressed with google apps has anyone integrated as part of there learning platform (If you want a play pm me) I have set one up as a test site and I am to say the least very impressed. With the google docs side it means that if set up correctly it would not be filtered as you can point your dns to it. Just wondering what people thought. Cheaper than and safer than opening port to network and save it as well.
-
first thing i have noticed is that you have not removed all the script for the colour change ?? change if ( $my->id ) { initEditor(); } mosShowHead(); // ************************************************* // Change this variable to switch the default color-scheme // ************************************************* $primary_style = "blue"; // blue | light | red | burgundy | coffee | mint | lime | orange | highc-1 | highc-2 ?> for if ( $my->id ) { initEditor(); } mosShowHead(); ?> change to then remove also remove <?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/rt_rokwebify/images/switcher/highc-2.png <?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/rt_rokwebify/images/switcher/highc-1.png <?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/rt_rokwebify/images/switcher/orange.png <?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/rt_rokwebify/images/switcher/lime.png <?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/rt_rokwebify/images/switcher/mint.png <?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/rt_rokwebify/images/switcher/coffee.png <?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/rt_rokwebify/images/switcher/burgundy.png <?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/rt_rokwebify/images/switcher/red.png <?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/rt_rokwebify/images/switcher/light.png <?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/rt_rokwebify/images/switcher/blue.png This will make blue permanant then you need to change images in the blue file to the colour you would like the header ones are header-bg.png header-l.png header-r.png once they are changed your done. To make life easer I done the changes needed to the index file and uploded it for you just remove the .txt extention and put it in the rt_rokwebify file to replace the old one (i would rename the old one first in case there is a problem) I have tested it and it works Fine you will just need to edit the .png in the blue image file as above. index.php.txt
-
Ok I have tested broke tested and broke again but I have finshed the conversion of the edugeek template to 1.5. there are a few issues (no slideshow) and at present it need to run in legasy mode to work. I find the admin side cleaner and it has a lot of potental. I will pack it up this weekend if anyone want to test it out.
-
What I think is that you have got an invisable module a module that has been published on the left but it is empty somthing like othermenu module best way to sort it is to unpublish all modules on the lef and add them back one by one ?? If that dont work PM me.
-
I am glade it is sorted (I have setup 5 joomola sites now so am getiing used to the install and errors)
-
have a look Client Access License - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/howtobuy/licensing/caloverview.mspx these are the best referances
-
If you buy a volume licence Upgarde they no longer come in xp version and it is vista only. You do have the ability to downgrade to pro and that licence is transferable to any pc with an oem licence. With respect to Office you dont buy upgrade licences they are full licences which means they are fully transferable. By transferable I mean it must be removed from one pc before putting on another. And as long as you put the pc back to its origanal format you can then give them to charty. I hope this helps (I have a very good reseller who know more about licencing than I could dream of.)
-
may I ask what Version you are running as it looks like you have a problem with your template. Looks like the modules are not collapsing. If you need help get back one other question is there a module visible at all on the left.
-
With ref to the first and the third screenshots I beleve they all relate to permission Issues When the config file is created it tends to change permissions you need to check all your permissions I know config need to be 777 or read write and exicute for everybody for it to work and so do some other files. I think the second one could be related but not 100% hope this helps.
-
I have got someware to host it thats not a problem If people are intrested I will go ahead
-
In an effort to help support edugeek and joomla I have completed the joomla 1.5 upgrade. All templates are now available in true 1.5 There is one component missing the JSN image show I am looking at getting it for a demo but it is not free also a lot of components are not installed at present I have done so and they work fine in legacy mode so I will install them as I know in the future the will be realised for true 1.5 mode. If any one is interested in have a look please let me know (I have not done no hard work with this just mirrored sysmans) I will keep this version up to date with sysmans if he is happy with that.
-
for this you will need to edit the index.php file i believe and also edit the css file
-
Just as a quick one on this the migration is not as easy as it seems I have just been doing the basic edugeek ones and even with all the addons it did not work. there was a lot of template editing and sql manual transfer but it is going well I my opion if you have a working site I would not upgrade yet to 1.5 but if you are starting a fresh have a go.
-
one here please
-
ok I have found a way around this but i cant find any component to allow me to do this and I cant see it in the settings. I want any content that is edited to become unpublished is there a way to set this.
-
[closed] bug/error: cannot enter site from frount page
alonebfg replied to alonebfg's topic in EduGeek.net Site Problems
LOL I like the opps bit Seems ok now thanks -
Hi I know this is a silly question but does anyone know of a good acl for joomla we are letting the children and want to control what they edit but also so that it unpublish the section once they ave finished editing. Also so that we can disable the group with one click. I have seen something like this using group acl (make users part of a group and control the group rather than the user) I have only found one at the moment jaclplus http://www.byostech.com/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/ don't know what is like just looking for suggestions.
-
Organisation: PLYMOUTH CITY COUNCIL Salary Details: Scale 4 (subject to Job Evaluation) Hours: 35 hours per week, 39 weeks per year Location: Riverside Community Primary School, Poole Park Road, St. Budeaux, Plymouth PL5 1DD (Roll 420) Closing Date: 21 March 2008 Tel: 01752 365297 Fax: 01752 365608 email: [email protected] Headteacher: Mr Brian Jones Required for this large new Primary School. The duties include management, maintenance and educational aids, stimulation of learning on a one-to-one basis or in groups and general assessment of children. You will also be required to attend staff meetings and training courses and to work with the ICT co-ordinator, to ensure development of this subject in school. Please apply by letter enclosing cv and details of 2 referees to the Headteacher. Found this job locally hope noone minds me posting it Brand new school very posh with state of the art ICT suit new build.
-
Ok Here is the problem We have been using a risk assesment database programme for some time but it is getting a bit old hat only works stand alone and have only got access to it from one pc in the school. The thought is to go web based ether internal or external as a add on to our joomla site (not my idea) It is the standered stuff for going on school trips but just need to make it simpler any ideas ?? I like the idea of web based internal using php sql but dont know where to start??
-
the thing is cheaper legal and in a format that will work on any mp3 player that's what i am getting at ??? lol
-
EduGeek Linux Users
alonebfg replied to soapyfish's topic in EduGeek Linux Users's EduGeek Linux Users Topics
I am just a player with linux Running a ubuntu squid dansguarding access point at home with a webserver for good mesure and at work have 2 one as nas box and other running internal web as well and ocsng and glpi
