-
Posts
861 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by alonebfg
-
ok this is driving me mad i cant add the cal without losing side menu have it as a componant is that right or do i need it as a component link.
-
sure i will give it a go here is a translated link if anyone else is watching this fourm http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fglpi-project.org%2Fforum%2Fviewtopic.php%3Fid%3D1397%26p%3D7&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8 how did you conferm that it was avalible
-
being new at this how easy is it to incorperate into the edugeek package ?? thanks for your quick reply.
-
I Have been playing with the joomla and i love it I would like to ask one question. Is it possable to add a calander like jevents instead off using the pdf as we dont have the software to create pdfs on all pcs and teachers cant edit it and this way if a class has a certian trip the teacher of that class can edit it. I am going to have a play but did not know if it has been done and is working. I have found this one as well http://fachschaft.etec.uni-karlsruhe.de/component/option,com_eventcal/Itemid,388/
-
if you want a test platform i have one and if it breaks does not matter as its only used for tests and when it works on there i then make it live. will have a look myself tomorrow. I have been looking at this tread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=153229&highlight=mod_ntlm&page=2 But i have not tested it yet as my server went down while I updated GLPI on it. But i will give this a try tomorrow.
-
just as a quick question on the back of this i have got it all working really well adding users etc via ldap but how do i make it so the people dont have to log in and it uses there username and password from windows to log in atomaticly
-
Ok I have learnt something (dont laugh) set permissions on all folder as root root 777 and it did not work then had a play set permissions as www-data on group and user and it works fine now. This has me thinking it might have been a module that only runs as www-data and not root but i thought root was a member of all group any ideas (by the way running fine now permissions set to www-data)
-
the install works fine it says everything is ok. I have also installed it on my box at home and i am getting the same problem. Just for interest sake what are you using for your webserver. I have a feeling it might be due to the fact i am using ubuntu 6.06. It also does the same on a fresh install.when i point to http://host/glpi/install/install.php I get a blank page still. but then the install went fine.
-
i have looked in the logs and there are no errors. Someone on another fourm did mention ajax but i dont know or have a clue what this is. i have tred 0.rc3 and this dosent work ether i thing it might have something to do with java server side but i dont know what extra package i need to install. as for permissions i have set 777 on all files till i can get it sorted. checking around I might be using the wrong php I have got php5 installed but most say 4.
-
ok i have been using GLPI 0.68 for a while now and it works well. Then I had a bright idea I know update it to 0.70 for better ldap support. How wrong i was I backed up everything and then began to update. I thought it was working really nice went through ok and then nothing just a blank page. then i thought ok i will try a fresh install and again nothing. Just a blank page. I have since reverted back to 0.68 and all is fine. i am still testing 0.70 on a spare box with no luck. If anyone has any ideas please say.
-
try some of these http://winhlp.com/node/39 and here http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320081 is the windows version. I have used the I have found most of the time a combination of both this and the above software works.
-
While trying to sort out another school server and update all the computer the server had a problem with uninstalling wsus and other issues. Now I hate going through the reg deleting keys to remove software then I came across this Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and it works like a dream. used it loads of times now it works on all ms products including 64 bit. Well done Microsoft you got something right.
-
i dont know what is going on but it has gone from bad to worse to oh my god and i am not even soposed to be in (Im not well lol) seems to be working but here is the problem on dc1 active directory working fine but when on a mmc and click connect to controller and select dc2 tells me unable to connect to domain controller access denied. now on dc2 active directory working fine when on a mmc click connect to dc1 and that works fine dc1 has fmso roles dc2 is gc This has had me in work for 4 hours (In sick time) trying to sort out. Ok this has freaked me out taken all day and then i was about to give up and everything worked (could not tell you how) might have just been it needed to replacate but i dont know.
-
Ok where do i start the problem my pdc is still my pdc but active dir thinks it is just a workstation or server how to i reclam the pdc role i do have a second server which at the moment is dc and has ad and is managing logins etc etc please help. ok i seem to have found the problem it seems to have lost its principle name somehow
-
also you need to edit the contact details as well
-
you will need a png editor like fireworks or photoshop
-
Something better than cachepilot filtering.. (and free)
alonebfg replied to dgsmith's topic in How do you do....it?
can i just say that mine was until about 4 months ago and I have just built a server with webmin, squid/dansguardin, nagios, mrbs, ocsng with glpi. and it all works i have also built an access point wireless and wired with squid dansguardian for home. Its not hard once you get you head around cmd line and webmin means you dont even have to worry about that as much. -
I got mine as well.
-
ubuntu with isp config its got a lot of features most of which I never use but as a config tool for web servers its tops and very easy to use and setup
-
I will start with the easy one Ident as i can do that one at home and then i will also do ad integration as I will do this at work. I have also been told to do a linux updated version so after i complete all this it will be back to the drawing board for newer versions of ubuntu. I know I have nothing better to do and this is keeping me busy and i love it.
-
try this post http://www.edugeek.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5886 this is what we have done
-
Have not finished all dansuardian YET still working on the finer bits ?
-
ok it dont work keep getting this error root@webserver:/usr/src# dpkg -i clam*.deb libclam*.deb (Reading database ... 36014 files and directories currently installed.) Preparing to replace clamav 0.91.2-3ubuntu2 (using clamav_0.91.2-3ubuntu2_i386.deb) ... Unpacking replacement clamav ... Preparing to replace clamav-base 0.91.2-3ubuntu2 (using clamav-base_0.91.2-3ubuntu2_all.deb) ... Unpacking replacement clamav-base ... Preparing to replace clamav-docs 0.91.2-3ubuntu2 (using clamav-docs_0.91.2-3ubuntu2_all.deb) ... Unpacking replacement clamav-docs ... Preparing to replace clamav-testfiles 0.91.2-3ubuntu2 (using clamav-testfiles_0.91.2-3ubuntu2_all.deb) ... Unpacking replacement clamav-testfiles ... Preparing to replace libclamav2 0.91.2-3ubuntu2 (using libclamav2_0.91.2-3ubuntu2_i386.deb) ... Unpacking replacement libclamav2 ... dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of clamav: clamav depends on libcurl3-gnutls; however: Package libcurl3-gnutls is not installed. dpkg: error processing clamav (--install): dependency problems - leaving unconfigured Setting up clamav-base (0.91.2-3ubuntu2) ... dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of clamav-docs: clamav-docs depends on sharutils; however: Package sharutils is not installed. dpkg: error processing clamav-docs (--install): dependency problems - leaving unconfigured Setting up clamav-testfiles (0.91.2-3ubuntu2) ... Setting up libclamav2 (0.91.2-3ubuntu2) ... Errors were encountered while processing: clamav clamav-docs root@webserver:/usr/src# it is so frustrating
-
OK please can I have a guinea pig or 2 to try out the how to ubuntu done and webmin done I know they are very basic but they are meant to be simple see what you think dansguardian is on the way. Any comments good bad or ways to improve please pm me as i don't want this thread filled with thing like you spelt webmin wrong. I still want to know if i have just pm me. There are screen shots but due to restrictions on wiki at the moment I cant put them up but am looking of a way around that. All comments will be taken note of and implemented if its possible.
-
try this http://www.howtoforge.com/ubuntu6.06_firewall_gateway_p8 or this https://help.ubuntu.com/community/VPNClient or this https://help.ubuntu.com/community/VPNServer?highlight=%28vpn%29
