Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

alonebfg

Members
  • Posts

    861
  • Joined

Everything posted by alonebfg

  1. you can disable this function by removing the reg key also i beleve if you riht click on desktop if key has not been removed you can do it that way . I learnt the hard way 10 screens all upside down (not no more)
  2. here you go http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/106560 I use them all the time. I know that maplin do them as well but a bit more expensive. I would never buy this item from ebay as postage would just add to much. i only paid a fiver and if you order something else and total value is ov about £30 get free dilevery.
  3. thats what i was thinking but for some reason trying to do the keyedit in gpo dont work i hope it will if i run it as part of a logon vbs
  4. If you made the report button goto all site admin and the thread mods even if they locked the topic and sorted it out when time constrants allowed i am sure people would not mind. As always on fourms its the few who ruin it for the many. I for one hate people ruining it for others. (I know i do it all the time with the kids and there games sites) But a locked thread is better than a lot of upset people. Also I have seen poping up reporting users now due to fourm flooding which semes to be the in thing. One fourm took 30 mins to react and had over 25 new members and 10000 posts in a hour and ended up taking there fourm down. By the way how edugeek 2 going lol. ok i will shut up now.
  5. That is cool thank you. Have saved me about 7 days work if we ever meet i owe you about 5 pints am a man of my word. By the ay read the blog this will work with xp/2003 if i run at login
  6. Ok I have had a search an i am sure it can be done. I need to be able to rediret the faverates folder. The reason being the teachers are getting annoyed at students deleting and messing with faverates when they shoud be going to the addres they gave them. I know the reg key is [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders] "Favorites"=hex(2):25,00,55,00,53,00,45,00,52,00,50,00,52,00,4f,00,46,00,49,00,\ 4c,00,45,00,25,00,5c,00,46,00,61,00,76,00,6f,00,72,00,69,00,74,00,65,00,73,\ 00,00,00 is it possable to change it via a vbs at login to something like this [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders] "Favorites"=hex(2):5c,00,5c,00,73,00,65,00,72,00,76,00,65,00,72,00,5c,00,63,00,\ 6c,00,61,00,73,00,73,00,6f,00,6e,00,65,00,20,00,66,00,61,00,76,00,65,00,72,\ 00,61,00,74,00,65,00,73,00,00,00 this changes the key from %USERPROFILE%\Favorites to \\server\class faverates. any idears I am sure there is a way to do it with a vbs or such like
  7. it seem to me like the profile is not being downloaded to the pc which is where login data is stored. Just a quick question you dont have delpof or other software running at logoff deleting profiles on the machine. As a test do me a favor get a roming profile to log on then log off. Then you log on as admin and have a look in doc and settings and see if profile is there if it is open it up and see what folders are there. I have a suspition that profiles are getting deleted at logoff.
  8. also one thing i might be shooting in the dark here but you need to insure that folder folder options is set to enable if you have got my docs and desktop redirecteed as i know for a fact that on some pcs i found this to be off (on if always on network but no good if roaming) And this gives the same issue as if you were not redirecting them. (shoot me please I know silly answer) Just i had this issue when i first started.
  9. Going back to cost We just bought a primargy with 4 hdd on a raid 5 hardware arry with 3 years support for £1200 it works like a dream ok its sata2 arry but it serves about 70 pc and handles dhcp roaming profiles and is the pdc. Could have saved about £200 on the raid 5 but it give me some reduntancy. and as i use all 4 drives more space have also go a hot sapre in case the worse happens
  10. well the justtifacation is the fact at the moment you have a single poit of failure ie the server and I think in this day and age even in a primary school a server need to be the robust mchine on the network with as many backup points of failer as possable.
  11. I dont beleve fireworks 8 to be the latest as for deploying it you will have some problems as they have switched from macromedia to adobe and suppot is very ropy as they are pushing cs3 http://www.adobe.com/education/products/creativesuite/ and i have got the latest one which comes with this baby http://store2.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?event=displayProduct&categoryOID=1598262&store=OLS-EDU-UK have a look bought for my for doing some work and i use itin education. Bu i know there are versions By the way macromedia no longer exicts bought by adobe. so if you bought it form them
  12. I would be depending on price of course. need about 2 at the moment as we got one Just gone down and due to lack of funds in school had to take all spare ports out and that means i cant plug my laptop in to test when some others are in use also had to take a printer hub away Again due to lack of ports. luckly it was only 24 but that is enough.
  13. Its ok i have it sorted i will run a bat at logoff somthing like this delprof /q /i /d:7 and this means that if they do not log in on that pc for 7 days it will delete the profile will deploy the delprof to all pcs and this means if the profile is not active for 7 days when they log off all profiles for 7 days will be deleted. I just need to ask one question( i should know the answer but i forgot) If a user roaming user logs onto a pc offline does it still run scripts I cant rember if Romaing pc cache Scripts ??
  14. Put it this way If you tell them that if it fails Due to it not being a True if you have a minor failer ie hard drive goes down you lose the network until the hard drive can be replaced. Where if you had a real server with raid. We opted for 5 for that reason if you lose a hard drive you still have a working system untill you can get a new hard drive (hardware raid 5 with battery backup on a sata array) I am a happy man If i does fail get a new drive but while i am waiting i can still run server. where at the moment if a hard drive fails you 1 need to reinstall and depending on drive failer if it is on system drive bringing the server back could take up to a week. ( buy new hardrive recover and insure it works ok)
  15. ok something like this mobsync if mobsync = fail goto end elseif delprof or something like that
  16. ie i want sync offline files befor deleting profiles as part of a switch off routine. The ideal thing woluld be if it was unable to sync the dont run delprof but if it does then run delprof but dont know how to do it.
  17. I have never used delprof befor i have just downloaded it (its a msi) so what do i do deploy it via gpo then run a bat file with DELPROF /Q /I and run this at shutdown but what i would like to do is a sync befor this happens any idears.
  18. If you wanted to you could make one group smaller reduce time for renew produce a new group when new scope is running shut down old scope and noone will even know what happened and if done right there wont even be an interuption. I know thats how i did it but you must make sure you have enough room in both scopes for all the machines. when i bought my old server offline I bought it back again and now i have 2 scopes just incase one server falles down.
  19. Also you are always looking for new ways ie interactive pc with voice control and investagating touch screen tecnolgy but due to cost at the moment its not vilable
  20. It looks really good and to be sad they are selling in one of the shops here at the moment with free golf club attachment.
  21. As i say some people have all the brains but no CDF.
  22. Hi there I have a good experance with deploying it also if you contact there tech guys they will supply you with a msi to register once deployed. But you have got to have a site lic. or they will not give it to you. Also I know from experance there are a few issues with the speach and can cause pcs to freeze but a new version is out soon.
  23. I would use as linux box as 2003 r2 has capability to sort linux shares out. I have not looked into it that much but have a look here. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/r2/unixinterop/default.mspx If you can manage shares it would be really good I Know you can quota on openfiler even if you cant intergrate 2003 r2. and it is free.
  24. badboy thats just not nice ????
  25. It might be 80miles closer to you but if you live in europe or anywhere else its not. By the way how much were ther offering for edugeek lol. I am sure I know a aribic translater.
×
×
  • Create New...