-
Posts
861 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by alonebfg
-
Modules and Plugins not installed
alonebfg replied to harmless's topic in EduGeek Joomla 1.5 Package
sorry the problem is you need to set it up to your needs as there is diffrences between the modules. -
that is not it that does not will not be your problem have you still got the same issue. also if you take a dump of the sql you will not have to start from scratch if you have got the same modules you will not lose a thing. the only thing you will have to do is upload the pictures. I have tested the package with php register_globals off and it seems to work ok but will have to ask sysman_my why it is on as there might be a legacy reason.
-
Putting it bluntly It is quicker cleaner prettier and has a lot more room for improvement and also (hopefully comming soon) they are looking at better acl but looks like it wont come until 1.6
-
XBOX 360 Users Group
alonebfg replied to safehands96's topic in XBOX 360 Users Group's XBOX 360 Users Group Topics
can I just say we are having a big bust up in our house at the moment reference GTA 12 year old want to play it comes out that mates play it but we wont let him and he is not a happy bunny anyone any thoughts. -
thats is i am going to give it a go today and hope for the best
-
Here is Joomla 1.5 with Sysman templates on it I must say a thank you to joomlashine who have allowed me to post this with there sideshow in it. Also a thank you to sysman for letting me use the templates to do this. Be warned that this is not a simple update from joomla to joomla 1.5 It is easer to start from scratch. There are a few differences but will run alongside sysmans joomla. This is not designed to take over the original package and if you have that installed joomla 1.0 It is not worth installing 1.5 but if you are starting from scratch then it may well be worth using 1.5 If there are any problems or you have an issue please do not hesitate to post. Download package Link changed due to projects being down. here is the new link this is not the most up to date joomla package the in a new version coming out very shortly when I can get access to a pc as I have lost 2 this week due to faults. Joomla is using 1.5.4 we are on 1.5.4. Here is an up to date package Sorry it has taken so long with problems with ill health and work I have not ben around much in hospital mostly. the changes made are have removed a module for the slideshow and replaced it with this one http://www.rocketwerx.com/products/rokslideshow/overview added a mootools modual from here http://www.rocketwerx.com/products/rokbox/overview both of theses are very good and work really well for how to use them go over to the website and it explanes really well and there are a good set of fourms. also added the package joomlapack from http://www.joomlapack.net/ againg they have a good set of fourms and are very helpful I have also updated some coding issues with the change of joomla 1.8 I would like to reminded people that this is a free to download but does not mean the packages in it are free this package designed for education establashments to install themselves it is that easy and if they do have problems there are these fourms. It is up to the person downloading this package to find out the licencing issues with it. I have not updated any paid for packages and if you wish to do so you will have to pay for he update. Any company downloading for profit need to contact the fourm admins before downloading. download at http://www.cpcu.org.uk/joomla1.5.5.zip Demo site is not available returning soon. here.
-
i have got a copy do you want I have stable 1.5.3 if that is what you want
-
have tried it on a couple but wsus is a totally different ball game worked fine with standard install just wondering weather anyone else having problems
-
ok got it today on wsus xp sp3 should I wait or dive right in any problems any one else found.
-
My "How to" Guide on Installing Moodle on Ubuntu 6.06
alonebfg replied to darknova's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
why dont you put this on the wiki -
they are advert1 and advert2 still but they have a css see this Edugeek Simple Demo - Module Styling
-
cool sounds like it was a sql issue
-
I have got the full edugeek package but it has not got the jsn slideshow on as this is not free for 1.5 but I am talking with them to see if I can distrobute it as part of a package. If you give me a day i will put together a package.
-
also another good tool if you have firefox is firebug I use it to help with css issues.
-
when you ftp the folder you need to check permissions on all the folders are correct do not set 777 and to all files but and start of install it tell you what files need what permissions they need to be set before install. I think this is what is causing the problem. It could also be a database issue I know some hosts don't let certain thing happen and they have to do the install
-
also I thing the next major relice of 1.5 will start to improve acl so Joomla forums say
-
have a look here Documentation - LibGD hope this helps
-
i have got it I cant upload to the site as it is too big and i keep getting refused. Here are the templates I hope that this is ok as i cant put the joomla package on here as it just too be I have asked if it can be put with the projects but have not got a reply. eg_brown1-5.zip eg_default.zip eg_green.zip eg_red.zip eg_simple.zip rt_rokwebifyr.zip
-
Create content as a full page?
alonebfg replied to steveclifforduk's topic in EduGeek Joomla 1.0 Package
This may be a silly question how have you set it up if you just want to display one articl you need to set the menu item to display an artical not bolg content and then select artical to display on that page. any more probs come back. -
ok I have found a little problem and fixed iti. It did not work in IE7 I hope this works ok now if you find any problems with it please get back to me I have tested it with firefox and IE7 with no problems.template.zip
-
ok all done here is the two files you will need to change these will replace the template_css.css and the index.php in the eg_default templates folder if you want the whole template I can upload that and if you want the other templates done as well IE eg_red eg_green I can upload them as well If sysman wants to add changes to the package I will pass them on so he can include in the next update if there are enough people who want it.
-
author login doesn't allow text input
alonebfg replied to jkmoch's topic in EduGeek Joomla 1.0 Package
have you set an editor for the users to use if not there might be a problem with you permissions. -
just to add to what has been already said I looked into this a while ago there only seems to be a few options that is jacl which like he said you have to pay for the second is to wait for acl in joomla 1.5 to come out which i believe not to be far away. there does not seem to be any other way around it.
-
no but jevents is and it seems to be getting a lot better
-
I am in the prosses of this at the moment but I need to do a bit of swapping around as i have just finished the 1.5 templates - the slideshow if you want to post them just looking at best way due to new install package.
