NetworkNinja Posted December 7, 2015 Posted December 7, 2015 Good Morning Edugeek I have been asked to make a record of what toners we have in stock & what toners go where. For example if i use a certain toner i need to have a record of what printer it went in + which room. Do any of you do this if so what's the best way to record the data in. Best Regards,
dry Posted December 7, 2015 Posted December 7, 2015 I just maintain a simple spreadsheet with toner quantities in stock and what printers they are compatible with. Admittedly I don't log when toners are replaced in each printer, but the stats from the free version of Papercut Print Logger help give an idea of printer use/abuse around the school.
hardtailstar Posted December 7, 2015 Posted December 7, 2015 We use a simple spreadsheet with printers and toners for those printers. There is a separate column for where each printer is.
Oaktech Posted December 7, 2015 Posted December 7, 2015 I have a sheet on a clipboard attached to the toner shelf that gets filled out when staff are issued (and occasionally just take) toners. It has type of toner, which printer it's going in and what the meter reading are when it goes in. It works suprisingly well - even staff fill it in when they take toner and I just keep the completed sheets in a folder. It's low tech and as a result I think people don't find it a pain to do it.
3s-gtech Posted December 7, 2015 Posted December 7, 2015 Yeah, old fashioned pen and paper here. I have a book with the current stock, when one is used it's ticked out and dated, with where it went. I then re-order when stock runs low. Has been working well for a couple of years.
Boredguy Posted December 7, 2015 Posted December 7, 2015 We have a shelf with a pile per toner model, and a A4 sheet that says what toners each of our far too many printers takes. We don't bother recording when we replace them as we monitor all of our network printers via Cacti anyway (and we don't get to cross charge departments for toner use )
FragglePete Posted December 7, 2015 Posted December 7, 2015 We using @webman 's excellent print master database system. http://www.edugeek.net/forums/how-do-you-do/61485-toner-inventory-database.html Pete 1
clockend25 Posted December 7, 2015 Posted December 7, 2015 I have a simple spreadsheet that lists toners and quantities, and as it's updated generates a list to be ordered.
eyetea Posted December 7, 2015 Posted December 7, 2015 We used to take note on a spreadsheet which just had the room number, toner code and date on it. Since we moved over to Papercut we've stopped making said log. As much as we're not using it to it's full potential, staff are grouped in to departments and automated reports at the end of each month go up to finance, which are done per page rather than per cartridge. Students just have a generic pot.
Danp Posted December 7, 2015 Posted December 7, 2015 Shelf with toner stock on, if need be I write which supplier I bought the toner from on the box. Then, a spreadsheet with prices on as to who gets charged for the toner. Most printers we pay for but some departments pay for. I email over totals to accounts and they charge accordingly.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now