-
Posts
419 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by soapyfish
-
Hi Everyone, I am using a Ruckus Zone Director 3000 for our Trusts WiFi, we have 6 SSID's and a number of VLAN's some of which are in use by various SSID's. I am using Zabbix and a combination of its SNMP and agent based checks to recovery data from devices and lastly Grafana to present this in a nice SLT friendly manner. I am hoping that someone call help me understand the metrics that are presented by Grafana as I cant match them up with the details of the config in the Zone Director?!?! As an example when I check the metrics for an access point an R710for instance, I can selected the usual RX and TX data for 14 different interfaces called one of the following (Interface wlan0: ) (Interface wlan1: ) (Interface wlan2: ) (Interface wlan32: ) (Interface wlan33: ) (Interface wlan34: ) (Interface wlan35: ) (Interface wlan36: ) (Interface wlan37: ) (Interface wlan38: ) (Interface wlan3: ) (Interface wlan4: ) (Interface wlan5: ) (Interface wlan6: ) Is there anyway to know which wlan interfaces are associated with which SSID's ?? thanks in advance
-
What remote monitoring system of servers do you use?
soapyfish replied to a topic in Windows Server 2019
Yeah we use it to monitor printers as well but I have more difficulties doing this, as Norphy says you need the SNMP MiBs and OID's. There are plugins for various models of printer on the zabbix pages. However not all of ours are listed and I have a few printers that mis-report things, like the amount of toner in cyan toners although we think it might have sometime to do with using 3rd party toners in that instance but we are not sure about that yet. -
What remote monitoring system of servers do you use?
soapyfish replied to a topic in Windows Server 2019
I know its not that helpful, but it depends on the spec of the NUC and the number of sensors that you are logging with Zabbix, and whether you use Grafana on another server host to visualize and present data to users. I use a basic virtual machine with 4 cores and 4GB ram and 16 gig disk for logging and then use grafana to present this info to users again a Virtual machine with 2 cores and 2GB 50+ switches including per port interface statistics. (using SNMP templates) 60 AP's (using SNMP templates) 10 servers, (using the windows agent) schools routers and SAN's etc as well The Zabbix host uses just over 1GB Ram and 0 swap space running on Debian 11 Grafana uses 1.3 GB RAM and 0 swap space CPU usage on both is pretty low onyl bursting if I request large data sets from say the last 12 months I have been using it for about the last 2 years -
What remote monitoring system of servers do you use?
soapyfish replied to a topic in Windows Server 2019
Same Here Zabbix for the data gathering and then Grafana for the visualisation works a treat. -
Win a Western Digital 1TB MyPassport portable drive
soapyfish replied to VeryPC's topic in Our Advertisers
Me please. -
Hi Everyone, I am looking for other schools/ Small MATS, who are using PSF for their financial management. I would like to get a good idea of how it works as well as some of the process's and procedures that are being used in other schools. If you are working in a small MAT and would be happy to talk to Our finance officer and myself please let me know. Thanks
-
Looks to be working here again too
-
Has Teams just died, we are getting a HTTP ERROR 401 when attempting to load the web page.
-
I have been collecting Deathguard since just before lockdown, but still to get a game in due to lockdown, perhaps I will get the whole force painted before the 1st game!
-
We use the School Cloud purely for placing and manging the bookings, which we have found works well. For the meeting itself we use Teams. The staff member calls the students and has the meeting. The parent is present on screen as well, and if one parent lives away the staff member stating the meeting can invite them into the call. Doing it this way means that the students are familiar with Teams as they have been using it for a year, the parents need no technical guidance and it encourages the parents and students to both engage together in the parents evening. It also addressed the schools concern of quality of service and capacity of the school cloud system, which I hear has had its issues, although to be fair so has Teams!
-
The only thing I would add is that make sure what ever you end up with its fully supported by VMWare, https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?
-
I monitor RAM HDD usage and CPU load on heavily used machines like the admin offices and media suites. I use this info to help justify hardware upgrades and help inform the desktop replacemnt planning.
-
I use Zabbix to gather the data and Grafana to graph and display it nicely. There is a Zabbix plugin for grafana and the grafan docs are clear and simple. you can also use SNMP or the Zabbix agent active or passive checks if you install the agent on the target servers for extra info
-
Not sure if this is still an issue for you but you need to enable the snmp service on targets you want to collect data from. You can test that the port is open and the service is running on the target with a nmap UDP scan of the target on port 161, the scan command would be this but with the IP address of the taget server "nmap -sS -sU -T4 -A -v -p 161 192.168.1.1" You will also need to allow the SNMP service to be queried by the Zabbix host too. You need to do this on the Target server, in Windows this is done by opening services and then right clicking on SNMP and the options to the allowed IP as well as the public/private settings are there, (from memory) Lastly you could use the zabbix agent on the servers that you want to gather data from, its works pretty well and the config is via a text file.
-
Hi, You can do some of this for sure by creating or editing the existing policy packages that are avalialbe in office 365, these can be found inside the "Admin Centres", "Teams", "Policy packages", We have edited the existing "Education Secondary Studnet" policy and applied it to our students. using this we have been able to disable the general chat and calling features as well as creating their own teams. I have not needed to prevent studnets from using their school accounts to sign up for things like tik tok however, so I can't help you there.
-
I have looked at this several times and each time, the problem seems to be, 1) The school is writing off the hardware and stating that it has no value, 2) This is then contradicted by the generation of value "the money gained by Ebay selling"
- 6 replies
-
- ebay
- ebay business
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
-
Good evening everyone, We are having some issues with some students who are imported to Office365. When the licenses are being allocated to each user sometimes they are issued the Office 365 A1 plus for students with around 24 Apps being included and sometimes they only have 1 or 2 or 3 Apps allocated. This is leading to all sort of inconsistencies for the users which is frustrating! I am trying to get to the bottom of this with our support agent but does anyone know if I can run a report in the admin centre which will show not just the license that has been allocated but also the Apps that have been included with the license so that I can manually assign the right apps to those people? The screen shots attached will hopefully explain it a bit more clearly. Thanks
-
Thats a really good idea thanks !!1
-
Hi Everyone, I have been asked to store audio recordings of the pronunciation of various staff/student names ideally inside SIMS.net so that if staff are having difficulty pronouncing first or last names they can listen to the recorded version for help. I have already planned to create a new "user defined field in SIMS for the storing on a phonetically spelt version to help staff but being able to upload audio files would be a great. Has anyone else been asked to doing anything like this ?
-
Hi Everyone, Does anyone know how you can export a list of all videos that have been uploaded to a Microsoft streams system, ideally with a view count?
-
We are not, I did see that as a requirement, are Apple immovable on that point do you know?
-
Is anyone here working at a school that has Apple Distinguished Schools status? I have been asked to look into this for our school and I have a few questions regarding the assessment process and where we could get help or sponsorship to help with the initial costs. Looking at the list of schools in the UK it looks like a pretty short list. please feel free to pm me if details if that is preferred
