Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

soapyfish

Members
  • Posts

    419
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by soapyfish

  1. soapyfish

    Old PC games

    Syndicate, Special agent SAM, kings quest 1, 3D Demon, Populus,
  2. If I am honest there is not much that can be done the office is not big enough to partition, there are no other locations on site that could hold the servers, or the IT staff, and if we moved the servers we would need to invest significantly in re running lots and lots of cables as we are on a site with lots of standalone buildings. I have seen the "quiet racks" but they seem very expensive less effcient at cooling have a smaller internal space. I have wondered about getting health and safety involved due to the noise but I am not sure that its loud enough to warrent it. maybe someone here knows ? I have been here 10 years 9 of which this has been the situation
  3. there is noise from the AC but its nothing compared to the servers ! which are right beside me about 50db according to my phone but thats hardly scientific !
  4. 18 degrees here set via the aircon, shame I have to sit right under the thing
  5. I have never been unable to rebuilt MAC books or iMAC's through a proxy, whether that is the county supplied proxy or our on site smoothwall. From my reading on this it was something to do with the fact that the MAC restore process will not function via a proxy but I was looking into this sometime ago.
  6. Hi Everyone, We recently started using SIMS to take registers, and I would like to automate the "Missing Register Notification" tool that can be added to the homepage so that 10 mins into each lesson if the staff member has not taken their register they get a notification in SIMS to remind them. I far as I can see the tool requires you to manually select all the teacher that have outstanding registers and then send them the message. This is ok if you are doing it once at the end of the day but I need it to do it 10 mins into each lesson 5 times a day. To make matters a bit more complex our lessons start a slight odd times during the day which means that the notifications would need to be issued at 09:10, 10:10, 11:25, 12:30 and 14:50 Thanks
  7. I bought a bunch of lenovo S8 tablets that we like very much. The only thing I would bare in mind is how easy it is to get replacement screens for any non apple tablet. Everyone + their dog seems to be able to repair the apple screens but other makes of tablet seem to be much harder to get fixed.
  8. Can I also get a copy please
  9. It was backing up the user email as well when we used that.
  10. I would look at the files that are stored where ever your frogbackup directory is kept, and search for the file by size rather than by name
  11. The end user has OWA not outlook this means that they acan delete about 50 emails at a time, this is too slow. I would also like to use the cmdlets so that I can script it more widely in future
  12. Hi, I am trying to delete all "Sent Items" in one users mailbox from the 1st one received until 31/08/2014 I am running the following command and then checking the log file that is created. From what I can see it looks as if the Search-Query is looking in all locations and the log file backs this up. Is there anyway I can delete just the content that exists in the users "Sent Items" for a specific date range. I believe that -SearchQuery "Received:<$('31.08.2014')" needs some work but I cannot locate any info on being able to specify a folder with in the mailbox to search. Search-Mailbox -Identity USERNAME -TargetMailbox Administrator -TargetFolder "Report_OUTPUT" -SearchQuery "Received:<$('31.08.2014')" -LogOnly -LogLevel Full Search-Mailbox -Identity USERNAME -TargetMailbox Administrator -TargetFolder "REPORT_OUTPUT" -SearchQuery "Sent:> $('2012-09-28') and Sent:< $('2014-08-31')" -LogOnly -LogLevel Full
  13. I would wait until the system is a bit more mature in all honesty, unless there are features that you need.
  14. How long did it last ?
  15. I am yes I have pm'd you with details .
  16. Are you also having the "Teacher App Services are Offline" when using an iPad ?
  17. Is the performance patch number 3.62.999 20734
  18. I have just installed the Teacher App to trial with some staff after half term and I am experiencing high CPU load maxing out 1 core all the time on our SIMS server. I am also not able to use the teacher App from an iPad for long before I see the "The Teacher App Services Are Offline" if I restart them in the SSM web interface it works again for 5 mins before it stops again. The images are showing CPU usage, post Teacher App installation. these screenshots have been taken today during half term while there is very little if any usage of SIMS.
  19. You can boot from the Ubuntu live CD yes and you can also install the packages that are required too. - - - Updated - - - I am assuming that its an intel based mac not one of the old power systems
  20. If you remove the physical hard drive and connect it up to a Linux box I would think you would be able to mount the drive, although I have never tried it myself. The OSX file system is HFS. This link might help you How to read and write HFS+ journaled external HDD in Ubuntu without access to OS X? - Ask Ubuntu
  21. HP Z620 1x Xeon 1620 16GB 2x 1TB Raid 0 1x 500GB 27" + 22" TFT
  22. I am getting certificate errors when trying to access sa.education.gov.uk is this happening to anyone else ?
  23. I updated the link
  24. This is my first small city around 8000 people http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/529511306323126367/7902086EBC971B133B99D48EC6002648002D4883/2048x1152.resizedimage
  25. I knocked up a small wiki that had all the key information. I also copied all the relevant files such a license paper work and passwords contact details etc to the new staff's user area after I created it.
×
×
  • Create New...