-
Posts
419 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by soapyfish
-
Does anyone use DFS on CC3 ?
-
Ok thanks for that, now for some reading up on DFS.
-
We create our from the blueprints although I wish RM would release them more frequently
-
I do have a package for 10.100 give me a minuite and I will locate it, I will email it rather than post it here if thats ok ?
-
Hi what exactly is the version of flash ? we have 10.100 installed fine and are planning to create and roll out version 10.15364 over the summer
-
Hi, ok I have the "primary DNS suffix" do I need to change the "forestroot.local" to something specific for the site ?
-
Hi Everyone, I currently have 4 Domain controllers which are providing authentication, profiles,home drives, etc. All the data is hosted on a SAN (hitachi SMS 100) rather than physically on each server. My Question is rather than having all the users home drives being mapped to. We are also running CC3 currently. \\server-name\sharename\ Could I address them in some way similar to \\school domain\sharename \
-
We have all domain controllers backup using the backup exec remote agent to a backup server that which then duplicates it all the tapes via a locally attached tape autoloader. This way we can backup from tape if there is a serious diaster or from the copy held on the backup server from disk if the issue is a deleted piece of work. We use daily incrementals and weekly full backups as well a an 8 week cycle. We also do ad-hoc backups at the end of the year and each term.
-
its looking pretty good so far, I should be entering the MCE gui itself shortly , I had alot of bother with mythbuntu but so far this is much easier
-
I recently stumbled accross this and am in the process of stting it up, are either of you hae sucess ,are you still running it ?
-
Great thanks, does anyone have any more practical advice ?
-
There are two ways of adding drivers from what I can see, using the "additional drivers" button inside the "Sharing" Tab of the printer properties. Or using the "New Driver" button on the "Advanced" tab of printer properties. The error each time is "The specified location does not contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the location contains a driver , make sure it is designed to work with 32bit systems. I am using windows 2003 server 32bit and I have some new windows 7 64Bit laptops. The aim is to enable the users to search the server for printer shares, right click and "connect" and have the server automatically send the station the correct driver.
-
Hi, Does anyone know how much CPU utilization on a switch is too much ? I am looking into this as I am using Nagios3 to monitor my switching via snmp and well I am not sure how much of a load it should be warning me about. Thanks
-
I am running OpenBSD and Pf, can you post the output of "ifconfig" and the version of OpenBSD you are running please ?
-
NAS Backup issues! Pretty urgent...
soapyfish replied to Little-Miss's topic in Learning Network Manager
I had terrible problems that I never got round reliabley with NT backup via mapped drives, in the end I just used MS xcopy and scheduled the task to run nightly. I was careful to use some of the data verification options and continue if errors were located options, to make sure I always had some level of backup what ever happened. There is a list of switches here Command Line Switches for the XCOPY Command Another thought if you have symantec backup exec on another server that has capacity, you could purchase the remote agent part of the software so that the NAS box could backup to that Server Just an idea! -
if you are looking for something with a gui I found this that seems to work pretty well . WakeOnLAN17 (Aquila Technology, LLC)
-
I have some large Samsung displays and I use the "magic net/magic info pro" software provided for free with the screen, I find that works well
-
Yeah I agree, always install Windows first then Linux,
-
I have another question, Now that I have the snmp monitoring of my layer 2 and 3 switches I am getting data on CPU usage,power,fan, etc. My question is when the reported data states things like, CPU OK - 7 FAN OK - 4 FREE_MEM OK - 4 What does the number actually mean, whats the scale ? is 1 good and 10 bad or vice versa or what ? I see that by editing the service definitions I can change the size of the numbers but I do not fully understand what it means really. Does anyone have any info on this stuff or is it as simple as "OK-4" mean its all ok ! Thanks
-
Thanks pete, that worked a treat I think I was getting caught out by ubuntu's pre-packed package thanks Again, its on to monitoring the Windows Services next.
-
How can I "know" I located check_snmp in the following places /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_snmp.cfg /etc/nagios-plugins/config/snmp.cfg there is however NO reference to snmp inside the command.cfg but there are these lines ################################################################################ # HOST CHECK COMMANDS ################################################################################ # On Debian, check-host-alive is being defined from within the # nagios-plugins-basic package
-
Hi, I am setting up Nagios for the first time, I want it to monitor all my servers and infrastructure and internet connection. So far I have it Monitoring them all in basic ways (ping and public services) I am trying to get the check_snmp to work for all the managed HP switches, I have looked at the switches config and SNMP is enabled and the "Read Community" ID is "public" when I have the following lines uncommented in the config and run the preflight check I get the error listed at the bottom of the post. it seems to be telling me that the I have not defined check_snmp but it cannot see where it wants it to be ? # # Monitor uptime via SNMP # define service{ use generic-service ; Inherit values from a template host_name R9-1800-24G service_description Uptime check_command check_snmp! -C public -o sysUpTime.0 } Reading configuration data... Running pre-flight check on configuration data... Checking services... Error: Service check command 'check_snmp' specified in service 'Uptime' for host 'R9-1800-24G' not defined anywhere!
-
Access Wizards do not work on some accounts on a RM Network
soapyfish replied to tony82's topic in Wireless Networks
we have to clean the profile and reinstall access on the machine to get it working again its very frustrating. are you running an RM CC3 network ? -
Access Wizards do not work on some accounts on a RM Network
soapyfish replied to tony82's topic in Wireless Networks
Sorry to drag this one back up but does any one else have a solution to this ? -
I was in very similar situation to you last year again running CC3 not wanting anymore physical servers. RM suggested two options that they would be prepared to support one being an EMC carilon which was awesome (I saw one at BETT2009) it was loud and very expensive. The other option that RM suggested the Hitachi SMS 100 mini SAN that I eventually purchased its not upgradable but the support package was good and 6.4TB it is going to be enough for me for some time to come. So guess in short have you looked at the Hitachi SMS 100 ?
