Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

soapyfish

Members
  • Posts

    419
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by soapyfish

  1. Its inside an all in one PC (RM one) , or maybe a fancy printer with lots of storage for big jobs
  2. Congrats to that man, Canon VF-50 !
  3. yeah they do look a bit like that but they are not,
  4. What about these then....
  5. Its from Microsoft Flight Sim 2004 ? do not know the plane as I never played the game
  6. I do not know what it is but I have found pics of a real one, Perhaps its from a Boeing 777 simulator software maybe ???? see here
  7. We use Concept 4, and the management interface seems pretty easy to use.
  8. There are loads of them on ebay.co.uk I picked up a couple for home at £90 after a bit of bargaining with one of the bigger UK sellers
  9. Hi Everyone, Does anyone have a Visio stencil/template for a physical 1U smoothwall, I have found all the others I need except that ! Thanks
  10. I would ebay 4, 24x Bay DAS boxes daisy chained to each other and lastly 1 cable to a computer equipped with a Raid controller with and external port setup as a raid 10 for 25TB tolerant storage.......then I would stop looking at the leckky bills or Buy this, it has 48HDD bays and is compatible with Windows ! Sun Sunfire X4500 server 2x2.8Ghz Opteron 290 DC 16Gb Ram 12x500Gb 6Tb | eBay
  11. Hi Everyone How do you decide how many Digital SLR Camera/ HD Video Camera's you provide to film studies, Art Photography Class's. Do you provide 1 between a 2 or 3 or 1 to 1 or just get 10 and let them figure it out ? Thanks for your input.
  12. I had to call 4 times and when I got finally passed from India to Scandinavia some where it was suddenly all sorted.
  13. Hmm so I wonder if we are legally entitled to it or not......
  14. Also I called Microsoft to find out why we did not have access to Windows 10 Enterprise .iso's, as we did have them for windows 7. They added it to my account and said something along the lines of its only there if you request it but it was free and not a problem.
  15. We are using windows in the office I am using the LTSB version and my colleagues are using Pro. all I can say so far is that the LTSB version has been rock solid and stable where as the other 2 machines seem to crash daily and are constantly throwing up issues especially the Cortana indexing service seems to be responsible for crashing explorer so badly that the machine just restarts. Long term I am a little concerned that the edge browser is not available as far as I know on LTSB and who knows how long IE will last at this point. Although we could move to chrome....
  16. We create a policy in smoothwall to allow named students to access what ever pages they needed, in only the Art Classroom and only when they are timetabled to have art lessons. This seemed to be a workable compromise. The member of staff could still supply urls/domians that needed to be accessed and we were able to lock it down so that they were only available when the students were being directly supervised by the art teacher. If you need details PM me and I will dig out our config
  17. Contract Type: Permanent (24 weeks holiday + all bank holidays) I should think there are a lot of people that would like 24 weeks holiday Its listed in the Job Description: ICT Systems Manager.pdf I downloaded from http://www.tomlinscoteschool.com/vacancies/21-support-vacancies/318-vacancy-ict-systems-manager I guess it should be days !
  18. We use HP 4108Gl at the core and a mixture of 2848, 1800 and 2510 and some PoE HP's as well
  19. what are you planning on doing with this stuff..... I get the impression that there is a project happening
  20. Its pretty expensive to be honest, we have 3 Citrix access servers that handle the remote sessions and then licensing for each concurrent connection. We purchased one off licenses which were around £100 each, the actual servers are virtual and so there were no hardware costs. I cannot find the details at the moment but I can say that it has worked very well from the start and that the staff love it, it also works with Mac, Linux and Windows. PM me if you would like more details and I will see if I can dig out the costs.
  21. We give the staff access to Citrix so that they can get a full desktop experience from home which includes SIMS.
  22. When the problem occurs have you tried running the following command in a terminal on the smoothwall box, ip neigh flush all When I had this issue it fixed it for a short period and suggests that the issue is the smoothwall box,
  23. Did you get any further with this ?
  24. It would be good if you could update us once this is fixed for you as it could help us achieve a permanent fix for the issue
  25. I have a similar problem and we are also using Smoothwall and OWA 2010. From our investigation with Smoothwall it looks to be to do with the Smoothwall's arp table receiving an update for the OWA server that is wrong. If I reboot the OWA server it comes back to life for awhile maybe 30 mins maybe 12 hours then fails again from clients accessing from outside. To get around this in the short term Smoothwall have setup a small script that refreshes the arp cache on a schedule, this is not a permanent fix but it is keeping things working at the moment
×
×
  • Create New...