-
Posts
1,433 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ICTNUT
-
I have not tried it but seeing as all the reports and templates are based around MS Office I think you may struggle to get it to work.
-
I agree with Geoff.
-
Fill in this form and away you go
-
What do you think the correct answer is??
-
My thank you's for last week
ICTNUT replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
here, here, well said that man -
Well done guys great to see in back ! @ Mattx: I'm loving the "Shaft Toss" anagram
-
Does anyone n=know how to auto delete old backups? I have a maintenance plan that backups our SIMS DB every hour between 8am and 5pm as well as daily but I only want to keep 2 days of hourly and 5 days of daily but no matter what I try I just can't get them to auto delete. Any ideas anyone [edit] I have figured it out ! Where it saya enter file extension you need to put the file extesion in without the the dot i.e. bak and not .bak Funny as it will accept both an nowhere does it tell you not to put the dot in. [/edit]
-
Hi All, I have just released the next version of the helpdesk to beta testers so I will be releasing the next version of the nework monitor by the end of the week This will work by polling the services and hardware directly to the database therefore allowing anyone to view the status page with the extended status page being restricted as there is now the facility to stop/start/restart windows services. I'll post an update soon.
-
Hi All, I have heard that there is a document somewhere on the interweb that outlines the requirements on school with the provision of VLE's in schools and milestones that need to be acheived. If anyone has a link to a document or site outlineing the above could the please post it up and I need to put together and ICT development plan for the our VLE up to and beyond 2012. Many Thanks
-
@penfold_99: Yes I agree fibre is good in that sense however I plan to replicate the seperate network the fibre can provide via the use of VLANs which should result in the same.
-
I have just gone for an iSCSI SAN with the following: HP Blades x 3 with 2 x Intel Quad Cores, 12Gb Ram, 2 x 73Gb SAS in a c3000 Chasis HP MS2000i 12 disk array (6 SAS and 6 SATA) 6.3Tb dual controllers VMWare ESX Server All warranties with 4 hour same day on site and all licenses for the next 3 years. Total Cost: £21k Fibre Channel equivalent: £36k <-- Far to much money for a school and no real performance gain in a school environment over iSCSI We will be virtualising 14 servers and keeping just the 2 DC's and the Exchange server as physical servers. Will be using our 2 old NAS servers (1TB Each) for backups and snapshots at the other end of the school as part of an amended DR stratergy.
-
If you are getting a 404 error it is becouse thePHP file extensions are not enabled in IIS. To enable these open IIS and on the left had tree navigation menu click on Web Extensions, you will see PHP on the right hand side, highlight it and click on the enable button. Thats is although I would suggest a quick reboot. Now simply create a .php file with the following in: // Show all information, defaults to INFO_ALL phpinfo(); ?> No access thefile via your web broswer and you should see a PHP info display.
-
Just got this emailed to me: Register for SolarWinds Exchange Monitor v1.0.1 Worth a look I think
- 13 replies
-
- 12
-
-
If you know Cisco then a decent 2600 series router would do the trick for you. I have2 ofthese in failover mode at home incase one fails but you can pick them up of ebay for about £100 Just make sure that youhave a FastEthernet port on there as these are 100Mb you may be lucky and find one with 2 on.
-
@garyholder: You are correct there is a small windows service that runs and polls a dedicated email inbox via pop3. This is not released yet but will be released alongside the 0.9.8 release at the end of June 08
-
i have one of these The Original Climate - Home a nice bit of kit an not too expensive. It has 8 sensors built in, light, noise, humidity, temp, etc... It will email and SMS but email is good enough for me
-
I will happily disagree with anyone saying that the nagios / cacti installs are a PITA. I am not from a *nix background but I had nagios installed and running in around 30 mins and yes it will take you alot longer to get all your monitors in there but hey thats a good thing, let me explain.... In order to have your sources monitotred you need to have some understanding of your network layout and what links to where even if you plan just to use ping checks, a quick spider diagram of the network should help you get a rough idea although strictly speaking you should all have this as part of your network docs So the initail install very quick, configuration time depends on how deep you want to monitor. I have ahd a look at groundworks and found that it was too bloated for what it is supposed to do.
-
Firstly does the 2600 router IOS support dot1q encapsulation? Secondly check your router config, specifically the interfaces is there already an encapsulation type associated with that interface? You may need to create a sub interface but again this is IOS dependant. To check what IOS and feature pack you have installed type the following at the command line: show version You are then looking for where it says system image file is "xxx" where xxx is the name of the image file. Once you have the filename use the following to identify the feature set and version: if the filename was c2600-js-l.121-3.bin then c2600 - Would be the Hardware Platform (2600) js - Would be the feature set l - would be the file format 121-3 - would be the IOS version. You can then use this informationto idetify the full feature set available to your router from the Cisco website.
-
I'llbe down for the first night but not the second as I have to get back home and then off to merry ol' London Town..
-
What was the outcome to this?? Jeans & T-shirt? Trouser & Shirt? Baggy Shell Suit & Bling? Just a t-shirt Or is it decided come as you please.......!
-
Yes please, no doubt someone at work will want to use it so I guess I better use it first so that theycan be "trained"
-
@Binky: MLH is free all you need to do is apply for it Help Desk Software, Service Desk, Web, Mobile ITIL and FITS based support. - Edu Application
-
these are good, I use these guys for a fair bit of stuff so can vouh for em' Dell - 2410
-
Hi All, I am taking the plunge and am starting to gather info on SANS. Here are my requirements: SAN Size needs to be between 6Tb - 9Tb I want to run Virtual Servers to replace aging physical servers. What experiences do people have with SANs, what vendors would people suggest. I have worked with large scale NAS for a while but SANs are a different beast so any info would be really apreciated
