Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ICTNUT

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    1,433
  • Joined

Everything posted by ICTNUT

  1. OK I have this working now so that you can PING a piece of hardware with the option toalso check it services (if it a Windows Server). I am currently adding groups so that hardware can be assigned to them i.e. Windows *nix Wireless Printers Then the main staus page will build the display group by group across the page. The layout is the tricky part and I am working on this now so as soon as I have tested this Iwill release another update.
  2. @SYNACK & mullet_man: I am currently testing this as we speak :-) @SYNACK: The problem with that code is that you have to provide access to the system32 folder and certain files within it to the IIS guest account for it to run other wise you just get an "Access Denied" error. I do have an alternative option which I am working on so if you do not wish to query services on a server i.e wireless access point or *nix server you can Ping it BUT this does not mean that any of the services on said piece of hardware are responding just that the network card is.
  3. Hi Russ, Thanks for your feedback :-) The above is true if you add MLSM as a folder to an already established website, if however you add the folder as either a new site or a virtual directory the original should work fine. Ihave, however, made your suggestion as the default as most people with simply "plugin" to an existing site. The above has been added The above has been added Ahh the perils of using access, Iam looking at doing a MySQL/MSSQL version in order to poll the servers and store the results in the DB. This would acheive 2 things 1) the main service display would no longer be a "live" link to the servers and thus remove the ability to perofm a potential DoS attack and in turn allowing you tomake the display page publicly available and 2) remove the issues of Access being very limited. I'm looking at this now to see how it could be done. I have uploaded a new package containing the changes above.
  4. Hi All, Have made great progress with this and it is ready so I just thought I would tempt you all with some screen shots of the server monitor The server monitor will do the following: Check any Windows Server acros multiple domains, providing a trust is in place Check any services that maybe on those Windows Servers You can add custom services to check, a handfull are already added for you If a server is added but no services assigned to it server is shown as offline If services are added to the server for checking but the service state is not Running or Stopped then the service is not displayed The server monitor is 100% web based and does not require any components to run Full web based admin is provided ITS FREE TO USE AS YOU WISH !!!!! You can download it from here -> My Little Server Monitor or click on the link in my sig at the bottom. Feedback would be great espcially if you want things adding to it.
  5. Just as an update to this thread I am about to finish a windows version of the network status page which is backed on to a database and will query any windows server (Service). You can add any number of services per server and currently the script uses an msAccess database for holding server / service information. It will run on native IIS as it is written in ASP. As sson as I have done that last bit I need to do I will post up a zip file so you can all play.
  6. Oppps Imean't to change the wording on that. CDOSYS and CDO have been giving me problems recently and I have decdied to drop support for CDONTS (Windows 2000) as this just seems to have really started to play up. With so many free alternatives on the market it shouldnot impact on many people, these email changes will take effect from the .7 release.
  7. Sorry been working hard on some stuff, Have confirmed all requests now so look out for your emails....
  8. Yes I do accept feature requests ;-) It has been asked a few times to have the ability to disable certain parts of the helpdesk, hiding them from view. It is on the "To Do" list but it's importance is low, priority after the.7 release is the ability to skin the helpdesk to your own design. Once this has been released then I will look into all the other requests that have come in.
  9. 0.9.7b is indeed in BETA and is with testers at the moment. The following is currently included in this: - Pre Defined Responses are now available when closing a request. - Helpdesk admins can now assign requests to other staff. - Request Details can now be added to all outgoing notification emails . - New reformatted support request print layout. - New Ability to perform mass actions on multiple requests, merge requests, assign multiple Requests to single staff, mass update priority and status. - Added support for MS Access 2003 as a database backend - PDA and Smartphone support now added. - PDF formatting has been fixed. - New "On Hold" status added for when you are waitin on 3rd parties. These are currently being tested: - AD/LDAP intergration - Link with "Live Alert" The online demo has all of the above features already so if you fancy a play ...... Should have 0.9.7b out at the end of Mar 08 Live Alert is the Gateway service for MyLittleHelpdesk and will handle all of the SLA escalations and email polling, this is still in early BETA but I hope to have this available at the end of April 08
  10. Hmmm this means that authentication is not working... hmm i am gonna need to look into this then. I'll let you know how I get on.
  11. OK have successfully extracted and installed pkpgcounter-3.50.tar.gz and I can access pkotme.cgi without it crashing This page as far as I can see alows you to get quote on how much a document would cost to print, I cannont see anywhere to get a balance for me, I should have 1.57 left. Any ideas?? Do i need to pass something else to the script.
  12. oooo I thought this was installed as standard, hmmm let me get to it and let you know.....
  13. Geoff when I got to it I gat an internal server error. After checking the apache logs I can see that LDAP auth is working for me but the script itself is crashing out with an error the module pkpgpdls does not exist. The other two scripts work fine and report correctly. hence my question.
  14. I have been looking on the Pykota website trying to work out why a script will not work. Do any of the bundled CGI's show a user how much quota they have left?? I have looked at each one and they seem to report on usage but not what is left. If this is the case does anyone know of a tool that shows how much quota is left in the bank so to speak.
  15. OK have figured something out, if i use the following: AuthLDAPUrl "ldap://jkhs-dc1.jkhs-pd.local:389/OU=JKHSAdmins,DC=jkhs-pd,DC=local?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectclass=user)" The users within the OU=JKHSAdmins are authenticated and can get in however if I use: AuthLDAPUrl "ldap://jkhs-dc1.jkhs-pd.local:389/DC=jkhs-pd,DC=local?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectclass=user)" No user can get in as I am asking for authentication to be done at the root of the domain and not in an OU. This is thoery should work as you will see the inclusion of ?sub? and I was with the understanding that this instructed a serach of all sub contexts within the domain but this does not seem to be happening. Now our users are based in 3 OUs Teachers, Students, Admins with the Students OU have an OU for each acadenic year i.e 2005, 2006, 2007 etc. How can I get this to search from the root of the domain recursively??
  16. On debian etch, apache 2.2 things seem to be a little different. the mod auth_ldap has been replaced by authnz_ldap so I have had to do the following: a2enmod authnz_ldap and under apache site-enabled I have: Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews AllowOverride None Order allow,deny allow from all AuthType Basic AuthName "Print Server 01" AuthBasicProvider ldap AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off AuthLDAPUrl "ldap://jkhs-dc1.jkhs-pd.local:389/DC=jkhs-pd,DC=local?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectclass=user)" AuthLDAPBindDN "cn=ldapbind,dc=jkhs-pd,dc=local" AuthLDAPBindPassword password Require valid-user Satisfy any This is connecting to LDAP and querying but at the moment every user gets a password mismatch, trying to sort this out now...
  17. I have made full updates to my own internal wiki docs, i'll go through it tonight and update the edugeek wiki:)
  18. Tis alright Geoff, it's all working like a dream, quotas and all. Thanks very much for all you help
  19. Done that but still get the Printing denied email.... IGNORE THE ABOVE I found a typo it now all works :-)
  20. Much apreciated Geoff
  21. Geoff, is there anything special I need to do or is it just a case of changing the required directives in order to use LDAP?? Anything I should look out for? Many thanks
  22. Geoff: I have added your one line to the script but it still fails: #!/bin/bash # Script to create new users for PyKota and assign initial # balance. # Script should be specified in the 'policy' section of # pykota.conf # Variable assignment PYKOTAUSERNAME=$1 PYKOTAPRINTERNAME=$2 INITIALBALANCE=2 # If a pupil username limit by balance and assign inital quota #if echo "$PYKOTAUSERNAME" | grep -q ^[0-9] if echo net -P user info "$PYKOTAUSERNAME" | grep 'Students' then pkusers -a -s -l balance -b $INITIALBALANCE $PYKOTAUSERNAME && edpykota -a -s -P $PYKOTAPRINTERNAME $PYKOTAUSERNAME # If not a pupil, must be a staff member or test account so do # not limit printing else pkusers -a -s -l noquota $PYKOTAUSERNAME && edpykota -a -s -P $PYKOTAPRINTERNAME $PYKOTAUSERNAME fi exit Any Ideas??
  23. @Ric_: Did you ever get this to work. I am at the same stage as you were: [Wed Mar 19 16:41:03 2008] [error] Internal error: pcfg_openfile() called with NULL filename [Wed Mar 19 16:41:03 2008] [error] [client 192.168.51.76] (9)Bad file descriptor: Could not open password file: (null) I have checked all permissions as per this thread but still no joy, I would love to get the personal quota check working. This is what I have in my sites-enabled/000-default NameVirtualHost * ServerAdmin [email protected] DocumentRoot /usr/share/pykota Options FollowSymLinks AllowOverride None Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews AllowOverride None Order allow,deny allow from all AuthName "Printer Quota Check" AuthPAM_Enabled on AuthBasicAuthoritative off AuthType Basic require valid-user require SSL ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/share/pykota/cgi-bin/ AllowOverride None Options ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch Order allow,deny Allow from all ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log # Possible values include: debug, info, notice, warn, error, crit, # alert, emerg. LogLevel warn CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined ServerSignature On And i do get the logon box when I hit the site but nothing else.....
  24. Ahh that makes sense. I dont have users like that I wonder if I could change it to check group membership within the domain instead i.e if the group is students then hey guess what they must be a student..... Does pykota have a group variable do you know??
  25. OK here goes last bit of config. I have looked at the newUser script in the wiki and set it up as is: #!/bin/bash # Script to create new users for PyKota and assign initial # balance. # Script should be specified in the 'policy' section of # pykota.conf # Variable assignment PYKOTAUSERNAME=$1 PYKOTAPRINTERNAME=$2 INITIALBALANCE=2 # If a pupil username limit by balance and assign inital quota if echo "$PYKOTAUSERNAME" | grep -q ^[0-9] then pkusers -a -s -l balance -b $INITIALBALANCE $PYKOTAUSERNAME && edpykota -a -s -P $PYKOTAPRINTERNAME $PYKOTAUSERNAME # If not a pupil, must be a staff member or test account so do # not limit printing else pkusers -a -s -l noquota $PYKOTAUSERNAME && edpykota -a -s -P $PYKOTAPRINTERNAME $PYKOTAUSERNAME fi exit In my case if I try to print as a student or teacher I get the following email: Error in external policy script. Printing is denied. Your system administrator : ICT Support I think it is to do with the check that is done to see if the user is staff or not and if I am reading this right this line: if echo "$PYKOTAUSERNAME" | grep -q ^[0-9] Checks to see if the user matches 0-9 my question is what is 0-9 and what do i need to check within my domain in order to change the check??
×
×
  • Create New...