Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ICTNUT

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    1,433
  • Joined

Everything posted by ICTNUT

  1. Has anyone had any luck deploying this via GPO?? I have used the /Extract parameter to extract the .msi and .cab files but when trying to add this into the Software Installation on the Computer Config section of the GPO it displays a warning message about being unable to verify the file. After I googled for a bit this seems to be a problem with Office 2007 as a whole. I need to get this out to 400+ PC and don't really want to have to do this one by one. Cheers
  2. @maniac: I may just try that i'll let you know how it goes....
  3. tried that, normally use an array of 2, DC1 and DC2, have tried for half a day using just DC1 and this afternoon using DC2 but at the moment no joy....
  4. Hi All, Have been using moodle for a while now and all has been good, untill last week. We currently jave 660 ish students on the server, accounts were auto created by moodle and these are all ok. Nothing has changed and randomly students are failing to logon, there seems to be no real reason why, I have checked the ldap user I am using to check AD for the user password and this is working ok. New users cannot login or have accounts created, the logs are not the best in the world giving no real reason for the login failures, I have turn debugging errors to FULL and all the user gets is "invalid username or password" I know these are correct as the logged on to the PC not 1 minute earlier. Anyone else come across this, or have any ideas???
  5. We have run with a Sonicwall SSL 4000 VPN system sitting behind an ISA 2006 Firewall. You get a web based portal with "bookmarks" to internal services and resources easy to setup and maintain.
  6. As all SIMS users are now held OUTSIDE of the SIMS database can you be sure that they have all migrated over correctly, I know when our LEA SIMS support came in to do our upgrade (as i would not take responsability for it going belly up) there was problems with user migration which resulted in Reason 0 errors followed by Reason 2 errors.
  7. I am having issues with the following Sanyo Projectors: SE10 SU32 Lamps are Ok and everything seems fine however if you turn them on and do not have anything connected to them they stay on for as long as you want then if you connect a source i.e. a pc and select that source the projector will show for about 2-3 mins and then turn off. Anyone experienced this at all...?
  8. I am trying to get my OWA SSL'd but I am running into problems. Acroding to various sites I need to import the SSL cert from my exchange server into ISA 2006, which I have done, but when I try to create a Published site using the OWA publishing wizard ISA tells me the cert is invalid and Ican find no reason why. Has anyone successfully published OWA SSL via ISA 2006 or run into the same problem.??
  9. Have sorted the problem, it was because I had installed thier root sertificate when it was not required, once this was removed all is playing ball.
  10. Hi All, Been a while since I messed about with SSL certs but seeing as I have made webmail publicly avaailable I should get it "secure". Have just had my SSL cert emailed to me from http://certs.ipsca.com, installed as suggested on the server including thier certs also. If i open a https:// connection on the server to the OWA site all is good and the cert is valid however if I open the same https:// connection on my PC I get a cert error saying that it is not valid. I know I am missing something here but hey need help, must ask! Cheers
  11. Thanks very much for the above. I'll see what I can hash together from it.
  12. Hi All, I wonder if anybody has a script or scripts that will do the following: 1 - Full dump of mysql db to \usr\backups\mysql\mysqldump-dd-mm-yy.sql 2 - copy var\www\*.* to usr\backups\www 3 - copy var\moodledata to usr\backups\moodledata 4 - zip or tar the backups folder (usr\backups) and give a name of backup-dd-mm-yyyy.zip 5 - FTP to another NAS server internal (TeraStation) 6 - Once successfull rename rename the backups folder and create a new one. This is the only way I can think of having this server fully covered in the event of a disaster. Any ideas would be greatly apreciated ;-)
  13. I have used IDNS for a good while now and have NOTHING bad to say about them at all. Whatever I need they get it and reasonably priced too, maybe not the cheapest but then cheap isn't always best.....
  14. Yeah sorry webman I mean't Russ :-)
  15. Ahh right WMP it is then. As we are merely performing the copyrighted material I would assume that PRS would cover but I hold out for webman so we will get a better Idea.
  16. Russ: Our LEA has a global PRS license which all the schools contribute to on an annual basis, so this should cover us in that sense, however we are only planning to broadcast pre-recorded shows internally at the moment. I have added a dedicated VLAN for the broadcast of the radio which I can then impose a level of QoS so as not to chew up all the network resources. Hopefully this will be ok. Looks like the shoutcast server is going to be just fine for the job in hand although I am actively looking for a way to delpy WinAMP to the school as a whole.... Watch this space
  17. I am in the process of getting our school radio up and running. We have a purpose built sound proof both for recording of radio sessions and I am putting together a shoutcast server which means that I will need to deploy Winamp to the PC's. My Questions are as follows, 1 - Anything I should look out for, pitfalls etc. 2 - Anyone know of an MSI for Winamp so I can deploy via GPO 3 - Any other suggestions from those of you already doing this. I know there will be more questions but this should get the ball rolling. Thanks in advance
  18. Cheers WebMan, It's a onelan box that we have. They must have updated thier website as it never used to have this stuff on there, or did I just miss it all !?!
  19. Hi All, I have just finished the rollout of 8 School wide information screens and all works ok however I have not got the task to arrange the content on the screen. I was ondering for those of you that have info screens already how have you laid out the information and are there any examples on the web. I am looking to incorporate digital TV, photos, general text based information but it the layout thats important and also what resolution to run these things at. Any help would be great !
  20. @Grommit: If you set the helpdesk to use NTLM for logins the login forms will be removed and user accounts auto created, from an end user perspective they never have tologin in just open the helpdesk and submit a request. As thier accounts are auto created for them so is thier email addresses all they would need to supply is the room number which you could specify as an additional required field on the form. This is on the way and has been asked for by a number of users and should be in v0.9.6b due end of november start of december 07
  21. Hi all, just looking into using splunk for central storage of event logs and have read that it will intergrate with nagios but have been unable to find any information on it. So was wondering if anyone has it running side by side yet?
  22. i'm with DMcoy on this one VSS is only going to cover you for a month at best hence the 18 monthly tapes I have also to get around the "I forgot I deleted it" line.
  23. localzuk is correct as it will work on any IIS enabled server, this has been one of the reasons for using classic ASP. It is very easy to install, simply upload the site, create the database, change a few options in the common.asp file and away you go. @maniac: The demo site is a copy of the development version which will be updated nightly, there have been some changes to the PDF generation section of the KB. I would check back in a day or two and you should find it working again.
  24. Yeah firesafes are around an hour for a decent one, I think that is what mine is rated at. As far as cost for my backup solution it came in at around £2k but it was decided that this be spent due to a failure that happened before I got here and seeing as prices have dropped a great deal over the last 12 months i.e 2TB NAS for £400 then it make sense.
  25. @mrforgetful: I can understand your view on day to day user files and I agree but backups is more than that. currently I do a disk > disk > tape but not in the traditional sense: I have a 1TB NAS (A) that has all the users files on it which gets backed up on a weekly basis to a 2TB NAS(B) (200Gb Backup) which gets held over a 4 week period. At the end of the 4 weeks a 300Gb Monthly backup to tape is done from the last week of the weekly cycle. On top of this I have another 2TB NAS© which has my exchange backups going to it, my daily ASR backups of my DC's, and my system state backups for my other servers going to it. These daily backups amount to nearly 100GB and rotate on a monthly basis with a monthly backup going direct to NAS(B) to be caught on tape. Backup is not just user files but DR should be included in it also hence why the backups are big but it does mean in the event of a failure all is good.
×
×
  • Create New...