Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ICTNUT

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    1,433
  • Joined

Everything posted by ICTNUT

  1. First if you change "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" for "HKEY_CURRENT_MACHINE" this will add the entryto the PC and not the current user and therefore ALL user will inherit the settings, so this means you will only need to apply it ONCE per PC. If you add the reg changes to a VBScript and add that to the machine logon via GPO it will run at machine level and not the user who is going to use the PC that way you could add the reg changes before the user logs on and you would have enough permissions to do so. I have tried it on my virtual network and it seems to do what it should.
  2. Hmmm, I did not think of that, i'll give them a call and see what they can do. Cheers guys
  3. Hi All, I am after a letter of sorts than can be provided to IT Tech Staff when they leave employment that will idemnify the school if theyare found to have used school software and / or licence keys outside school when no longer in the employment of the school. Having worked in a few IT establishments I know this can and does happen and I have seen software companies come down hard on the purchasers ofthe software for thier keys getting out in the open. Seeing that the people working in this area have full access to these things I want to know how other schools cover themselves. It is not possible to amend the employment contracts so it would have to be another letter provide to them when they are in thier final week say.
  4. Are you sure last time I checked it was still free but you need to be granted a site licence to install it from Adobe atleast when I installed version 7 that was the case. If you are talking about the PRO version then I agree but that is not what is listed above.
  5. I also have the HP iPAQ voice messenger (514) and have found it to be great. WM6 Supports push email as standard so having my nagios alerts sent directly to my phone is easy add to that mobile mail from VodaFone and this means alerts outside the office too. Just what I needed, with MS Office and manymany other useful bits of software onbaord the only thing it is lacking is touch screen but that is not a great loss.
  6. Quick bump for those that missed the release announcement on Saturday. Happy searching ;-)
  7. [edit] Original thread can be found here, sorry pressed new post instead of reply [/edit] A new version of the Admins Nasty File Search has been released and is available from the downloads area. The is a very new version and contains a number of major updates therefore it is advisable to un-install any previous versions of the software prior to installing this latest release, after installing the latest release it will support inline upgrades from that point. Changes include: 1 - A nice new easier to use interface. 2 - Ability to backup files to an alternative location prior to deletion allowing for easier restoration of files. 3 - Improvements to scanning engine. 4 - Statistics now displayed on main screen. 5 - More file extensions added boosting support to over 90. 6 - More efficent install and uninstall ensuring registry and system files are removed correctly without upsetting system setup. 7 - Tested working on Windows 2000 Server, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 R2, Windows XP SP2 only. Other platforms are unsupported at this time. 8 - Live update, check to see if a new version is available and update it automatically. The very first post in this thread has been update to show new screenshots and what has been updated. SPECIAL REQUEST Please provide feedback on this software if you use it, without the feedback we do not know if you are getting the use out of the software that you need and development will have a much slower turn around. You use the software help us to makeit what you need.
  8. ICTNUT

    New Arrival

    Ihave to admit at no other time have I felt totally useless, there is nothing you can do.... I will agree on the relaxing part though as my other half can not really deal with hospitals and have it at home was her first choice it was close though as we were close to 14 days over and they were starting tomake comments about induction dates. I think it was a far better experience having a home birth as you (the father to be) can be more involved towards the end however I have been told this is not really the case with births in hospital.
  9. Firstly you need this link: http://jodies.de/ipcalc This will save you alot of time and trouble, once you have used this for a bit you will see what you need to do to get what you need without need to do to much brain work. For you first line you would have: Address: 164.14.83.19 10100100.00001110 .01010011.00010011 Netmask: 255.255.0.0 = 16 11111111.11111111 .00000000.00000000 Wildcard: 0.0.255.255 00000000.00000000 .11111111.11111111 Network: 164.14.0.0/16 10100100.00001110 .00000000.00000000 => (Class B) Broadcast: 164.14.255.255 10100100.00001110 .11111111.11111111 HostMin: 164.14.0.1 10100100.00001110 .00000000.00000001 HostMax: 64.14.255.254 10100100.00001110 .11111111.11111110 Hosts/Net: 65534 That should get you started however you will notice that in your example your subnet mask is incorrect
  10. ICTNUT

    BDD 2007

    Gatt, I don't know if you managed to get things going or not but I am going to be looking at testing BDD over the next two weeks and during my hunt I founf the following: http://techrepublic.com.com/2415-10877_11-94840.html?tag=nl.e102 Maybe of help to you.
  11. ICTNUT

    New Arrival

    thanks to all for all your kind words ;-)
  12. Well finally @ 6:45 am today our first little baby, Rachael, arrived into a big new world. Weighing in at 7lb 10oz and 10 days late she was born at home naturally with both mother and baby doing great with mum only being in labour for 5 1/2 hours in total. I will post up some pictures when I have them but am feeling a little trashed at the moment as it has been a long day. From a proud first time dad
  13. We have a school wide AUP which covers many different areas but is very ICT biased, runs at around 70 pages. Within this we simply state that photos taken on site cannot be used outside of the school without prior werriten permission from the school and that this includes those taken on mobile phones, digital cameras, video cameras and such. We also put a cluase in there about distribution of such images and videos and that this was also a no no. You cannot claim to "own" any video or image just becouse it was taken on site nor can you claim ownership of the uniform as this has been paid for by the parents and you would then need to have some kind of "opt out" thats when things get messy. The next thing you need to think about is enforcement and policing. If someone did take a photo while on site and placed it up on bebo or the likes how are you going to know about it??? There is a lot to this and if you let will take up all your time.
  14. Erm I have 200 Evesham PC inthier finalyear of cover and they have been dropping like flies for want of a better description, Mobo's and hard drives mainly. This seem a little worrying though: and then
  15. I like it but I will hold judgement until the formal one comes along, I do like the on above but if you are going to put it onto business cards and letterheads then I think its abit on the comic book/amateur/not serious side and that could go against the whloe ethos of the site and what it stands for.
  16. I am looking for testers to test the new version of ANFS. If you are intrested and have some time on your hands please PM me and i'll give you the link for the BETA download. This has been some time coming really and will have the following enhancements: 1 - More user friendly interface 2 - Online (LIVE) update service 3 - Ability to backup files prior to deletion retaining directory structure within the backup 4 - Further improved scanning engine I have however removed the ability to do silent / scheduled scans as this was interfering with the refined scanning engine so I will look at putting this back in in the next release if people want it. The official release date for the next version if hopefully 1st September 2007 depending on how testing goes.
  17. @ f21970: You question has been answered over at http://www.opsoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,36.msg65.html#new
  18. Well it's 1pm and I have access without any problems, well done guys ;-) BTW we have a full school in at the moment so I am testing it under a fully loaded net connection
  19. Check out http://www.edugeek.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5644 I have already added my scripts for doing this.
  20. Not sure yet, I have never really had a problem with the speed of the site but I can never get onto the site between the hours of 12:30pm to 2pm So that will be the big test for me, if I can access at lunch time today all will be good. I'll let you know.
  21. I have limitlogin installed and have found that one of two things can cause this error: 1 - A minimum of .Net Framework 2.0 must be installed on each workstation and server. 2 - The server running the web service for Limit Login is either unreachable or it has not been installed correctly.
  22. This is the top half of my server cab, I am in the process of removing the red patch leads for custom made (by me) purple ones (as those in the middle switch.
  23. I am still looking into it and have not yet decided on what to go for, I may look at M$ Data Protection Manager as this will do realtime sync's by using one of the onbaord NICs as a lifeline similar to how clusters work. I'll let you know what solution I go for once I have sussed it out.
  24. I agree with Geoff, we already have it in place for things that change maybe a couple of time a week but when you have changes taking place every few seconds you're going to get issues.
  25. thanks mattx I will look into it, I did not even think about using rsync on windows, but there ya go !
×
×
  • Create New...